Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Indeed.

:eusa_hand:

Banning schools is a much better solution.

I actually considered that today. Perhaps we all need home portals to distance classrooms. Virtual classrooms? It's probably safer than our universities, elementry schools, theaters, malls etc.

Let's just do everything virtually...why go out anywhere or interact with anybody?

After posting online regularly I have to say.....no thanks lol

:)

It just gets so frustrating when good citizens and now children are getting punished for doing everything right! Why is it that the good ones have to pay the price for the evil ones? Why?

Here is a pic of an 11 y/o kid gunned down 28 years ago by someone armed with an Uzi.
omarr-hernandez.jpg

I think it was gramps who said this should not be posted. I disagree. This is exactly what we should be looking at and thinking about. Do the math and you see that if this child had lived, he could have been the parent of one the babies shot and killed today.

We need to stop making excuses why we can't stop this. We CAN stop it but only if we pull together as a country who cares about our own. We really do need to care enough to stop using dead children as political footballs.

As I said, if more guns were the answer, we would have already solved this because the one thing we have no shortage of in this country is more damn guns.
Nothing wrong with more guns, just as long as they are put into the hands of good people, and not bad people... It's really simple as that, but I agree that the problem could be solved in other ways, but first we have to begin calling it as we see it, no more kitty catting around..

We have a country full of "good" people with guns. It has never helped before and it won't help in the future. More people than ever before have guns in the US and yet, no "civilian" ever jumps up and kills the shooter.

You can fill our grade schools and churches and restaurants and bars and parks and every place you can think of but that will not stop the murders and mass killings.

One reason is that the mass killer has done his killing and killed himself before the bystanders have a chance to even realize what's happening.

This guy had two Glocks and a Bushmaster.

You gonna carry a semi-auto military rifle like a Bushmaster in your purse? How long will it take you to get it out and fire at him?

You really think you won't be shaking and scared? You think you'll be cold and steady and be able to take him out before he could kill you?

That's a fantasy.

Time to arm the teachers ? :cuckoo:

Boy, what a well thought out statement....

Indeed.

I actually considered that today. Perhaps we all need home portals to distance classrooms. Virtual classrooms? It's probably safer than our universities, elementry schools, theaters, malls etc.

Let's just do everything virtually...why go out anywhere or interact with anybody?
Now that would be the definition of losing everyones freedoms totally in America (i.e. we are done). Not going to happen... The problem can be solved, but we have to become honest finally..

More guns is not the problem. The problem is putting kids in a position in which there is no way to defend or protect them. What the OP suggests, and what makes the most sense, is making sure there is a way to defend and protect the kids from a madman bent on committing mayhem.

Related but different subjects are police action, concealed carry, the homeowner protecting his home, etc. etc.

Here, let's focus on protecting those kids.

"making sure there is a way to defend and protect the kids from a madman bent on committing mayhem"

Fort Hood, 2009, a single gunman killed 13 people and wounded 29 others.

In the middle of the biggest military installation in the USA.

How do you propose protecting every elementary school in the USA? Surround them with soldiers?

People go crazy: Nothing will prevent this.
I dis-agree, we can prevent this, and we can also prevent it from building up as well, but first we have to get honest in it all.

We "have to get honest in it all."

:eusa_eh:

What The Fuck is that supposed to mean?

Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

This is the country that you want to live in? Amazing.

Next month when another mass shooting happens, it will be not only arm the teachers but a discussion about the armaments. Obviously if the brain damaged psychopath fresh from the gun show has 5,000 rounds, the teacher with a mere 50 rounds is inadequately armed.

Kevelar school uniforms is next after that.

Why do you insist on being so irrational? The shooter could have had a million bullets but it still would have only taken one to stop him.

Some here WANT to PLACE firearms in schools....and you're calling me irrational? Lets say we do that and the assailant outguns the teacher....do you honestly believe that some of the single celled organisms that post here would not be calling for belt-fed weapons for teachers?

Maybe it's time to read the 2nd amendment; know that they were talking about a militia and not anyone who has an internet connection to cheaperthandirt.com.

I think it was gramps who said this should not be posted. I disagree. This is exactly what we should be looking at and thinking about. Do the math and you see that if this child had lived, he could have been the parent of one the babies shot and killed today.

We need to stop making excuses why we can't stop this. We CAN stop it but only if we pull together as a country who cares about our own. We really do need to care enough to stop using dead children as political footballs.

As I said, if more guns were the answer, we would have already solved this because the one thing we have no shortage of in this country is more damn guns.
Nothing wrong with more guns, just as long as they are put into the hands of good people, and not bad people... It's really simple as that, but I agree that the problem could be solved in other ways, but first we have to begin calling it as we see it, no more kitty catting around..

We have a country full of "good" people with guns. It has never helped before and it won't help in the future. More people than ever before have guns in the US and yet, no "civilian" ever jumps up and kills the shooter.

You can fill our grade schools and churches and restaurants and bars and parks and every place you can think of but that will not stop the murders and mass killings.

One reason is that the mass killer has done his killing and killed himself before the bystanders have a chance to even realize what's happening.

You gonna carry a semi-auto military rifle like a Bushmaster in your purse? How long will it take you to get it out and fire at him?

You really think you won't be shaking and scared? You think you'll be cold and steady and be able to take him out before he could kill you?

That's a fantasy.
Your post is fantasized, because there are solutions, but people like you are a distraction to those solutions..

Time to arm the teachers ? :cuckoo:

Boy, what a well thought out statement....

Indeed.

Exactly.

:cool:

The first step is becomming a member of an internet discussion board: after that, the rest is easy.

What is so frustrating about this issue is that we give up before we even try to mitigate the damage. Our gun laws make it legal to buy a gun even if you're on the national terrorist list.

HOW is THAT sane??

Democrats dont bring it up because of the gun lobby. Otherwise this would have happened after the McDonalds massacre in 1984.

That wasnt the time to odiscuss gun control and how an Uzi was spawned on our streets. Is today that day?
Here is a pic of an 11 y/o kid gunned down 28 years ago by someone armed with an Uzi.
omarr-hernandez.jpg

That is as distastefull as you can be....

Fuck off

These are the stakes of not having sensible gun control laws. If you don't like it, you should probably move to a country that does and fix toilets there skippy.

More kids in theaters, classrooms, churches, etc will die by crazy people who can get weapons.

Wasn't it shit stains like you who were saying during the election that "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Gee, just this year we've had multiple mass shootings. Yet we're doing nothing. The one I referenced happened in 1984--28 years ago. Maybe 28 years of mass murder is enough?

No. That's reality.

EVERYONE needs to know what that looks like.

Dismissing it as 'distasteful' is to minimize the act itself.

The children aren't even all in the morgue yet. That photo is not appropriate.

Reality is always appropriate, and that picture depicts nothing that happened today.

That's what it looks like when children are murdered. That the remains of the deceased are not in the morgue yet is meaningless.

If more people actually understood that, we'd have a lot more people working together to solve the problems that lead up to these shootings.

Otherwise this will just fade in the media noise, just like Virginia Tech did, just like Aurora, CO, did, etc....

Now isn't the time to discuss it.
It wasn't time 28 years ago either.
Maybe in the year 2056 we can discuss it?
Grumps is just looking for a fight; as always.

That's a fantasy.
Your post is fantasized, because there are solutions, but people like you are a distraction to those solutions..

Yes, SOLUTIONS, like "we have to get honest in it all."

:clap2:

Love it!

What is so frustrating about this issue is that we give up before we even try to mitigate the damage. Our gun laws make it legal to buy a gun even if you're on the national terrorist list.

HOW is THAT sane??
Horse shit

[ame=http://youtu.be/uJBZZKlvrP4]Rahm Emanuel, if you are on No Fly List, No Gun! Alex Jones Film, The Obama Deception - YouTube[/ame]

Next month when another mass shooting happens, it will be not only arm the teachers but a discussion about the armaments. Obviously if the brain damaged psychopath fresh from the gun show has 5,000 rounds, the teacher with a mere 50 rounds is inadequately armed.

Kevelar school uniforms is next after that.

Why do you insist on being so irrational? The shooter could have had a million bullets but it still would have only taken one to stop him.

Some here WANT to PLACE firearms in schools....and you're calling me irrational? Lets say we do that and the assailant outguns the teacher....do you honestly believe that some of the single celled organisms that post here would not be calling for belt-fed weapons for teachers?

Maybe it's time to read the 2nd amendment; know that they were talking about a militia and not anyone who has an internet connection to cheaperthandirt.com.
Do you realize that we are living in different times, and we are dealing with different people's mindsets ? If we didnot have the guns, it may be almost impossible to walk the streets now, because things could actually be alot worse than what they are. Ever looked at it that away or from that angle ?

HOW is THAT sane??
Yes I agree that some reform may be needed, but only if voted on by the citizens as a whole, and not by special interest groups or leftist radical liberals...

So far one SMALL CHILD is deceased.

It is past the time to give our educators the ability to defend our children!
Do you know what it would take to impart that ability to those teachers who are willing and able to adapt to it? And how many teachers do you think are capable of not only adapting to being armed while in class and effectively engaging an armed adversary -- or participating in a gunfight? My guess is extremely few.

Also, I attended Catholic schools where what you've suggested is out of the question.

You've got to love the paradox of conservatism, don't you?

Teachers cannot talk about sex, religion, contraception etc...these same dipshits pull their kids out of class when the President wants to talk to them.

Yet...hell, lets put guns in the classrooms to keep the peace.

Democrats dont bring it up because of the gun lobby. Otherwise this would have happened after the McDonalds massacre in 1984.

That wasnt the time to odiscuss gun control and how an Uzi was spawned on our streets. Is today that day?
omarr-hernandez.jpg
What percentages was this happening 28 years ago ? Now post what happend to the killer 28 years ago, did he get the electric chair or did he get a slap on the wrist by the liberals because he was being a little bit bad for them ?

He was fatally shot by the police according to the link. It was posted above. Dumbass.

Forum List

Back