Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

So far one SMALL CHILD is deceased.

It is past the time to give our educators the ability to defend our children!
Do you know what it would take to impart that ability to those teachers who are willing and able to adapt to it? And how many teachers do you think are capable of not only adapting to being armed while in class and effectively engaging an armed adversary -- or participating in a gunfight? My guess is extremely few.

Also, I attended Catholic schools where what you've suggested is out of the question.
Metal detectors for all schools and armed gaurds hired (job creation)..

Sorry. No funding. Remember, you guys hate spending money on schools.

We have a country full of "good" people with guns. It has never helped before and it won't help in the future. More people than ever before have guns in the US and yet, no "civilian" ever jumps up and kills the shooter.

You can fill our grade schools and churches and restaurants and bars and parks and every place you can think of but that will not stop the murders and mass killings.

One reason is that the mass killer has done his killing and killed himself before the bystanders have a chance to even realize what's happening.

This guy had two Glocks and a Bushmaster.

You gonna carry a semi-auto military rifle like a Bushmaster in your purse? How long will it take you to get it out and fire at him?

You really think you won't be shaking and scared? You think you'll be cold and steady and be able to take him out before he could kill you?

That's a fantasy.
Your post is fantasized, because there are solutions, but people like you are a distraction to those solutions..

Yes, SOLUTIONS, like "we have to get honest in it all."

:clap2:

Love it!
Quick jabs will get you an idiot award, because if you would take the time to go back and read, I have placed solutions on the table, and I think they are adequate and fair minded..

Your post is fantasized, because there are solutions, but people like you are a distraction to those solutions..

Love it!
Quick jabs will get you an idiot award, because if you would take the time to go back and read, I have placed solutions on the table, and I think they are adequate and fair minded..

"adequate and fair minded" = "we have to get honest in it all."

Keep it coming.

So far one SMALL CHILD is deceased.

It is past the time to give our educators the ability to defend our children!
Do you know what it would take to impart that ability to those teachers who are willing and able to adapt to it? And how many teachers do you think are capable of not only adapting to being armed while in class and effectively engaging an armed adversary -- or participating in a gunfight? My guess is extremely few.

Also, I attended Catholic schools where what you've suggested is out of the question.

You've got to love the paradox of conservatism, don't you?

Teachers cannot talk about sex, religion, contraception etc...these same dipshits pull their kids out of class when the President wants to talk to them.

Yet...hell, lets put guns in the classrooms to keep the peace.
Well is it the liberals and their dis-functional drugged up young spoiled rotten adults, that we are having to protect ourselves from now in that class room ?

And more to the point, the discussion should be about allowing teachers to use firearms to protect the children in their custody.
A good security gaurd service would be sufficient enough I think...

Nope, I don't think so. Not only would that be an expense that would take precious resources out of the school budget, but the gunman would target that guard immediately. But he couldn't take out a dozen armed and trained teachers before one could nail him.

Should we arm all of the stewardesses on an airplane? The actors on a stage at a play? The guy who runs the roller rink where kids get together? The clown that performs at a children's party?

Just want to see how fucked up your thinking is on this matter.

The answer, according to you is to quell violence by introducing more violence or the threat of such.

Metal detectors for all schools and armed gaurds hired (job creation)..

So, You want to pay for armed guards?

Love it!

Keep it coming.
Idiot award coming to ya -:9:

LOL sorry, but you asked for it...

Well in my day, teachers were not armed because it was unthinkable that they needed to be. Nobody worried about some crazy showing up and shooting anybody, let alone the kids. But in my day a lot of the teachers, including the women, were experienced hunters, and I am pretty sure almost all of them could load and fire a shotgun or other weapon. My HS algebra teacher was a champion skeet shooter.

After today, I'm pretty sure you could get a pretty good bunch of volunteer teachers who would take the appropriate training and agree to be custodians of secured weapons in their classrooms. And I would support such a program 100%.

Let's also not forget that in our day Foxfyre, the crazies were in state run looney bins!!!!! Locked up behind bars!!!

Thank goodness for small government; we got rid of those institutions just in time.

Here is a pic of an 11 y/o kid gunned down 28 years ago by someone armed with an Uzi.
omarr-hernandez.jpg

That is as distastefull as you can be....

Fuck off

These are the stakes of not having sensible gun control laws. If you don't like it, you should probably move to a country that does and fix toilets there skippy.

More kids in theaters, classrooms, churches, etc will die by crazy people who can get weapons.

Wasn't it shit stains like you who were saying during the election that "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Gee, just this year we've had multiple mass shootings. Yet we're doing nothing. The one I referenced happened in 1984--28 years ago. Maybe 28 years of mass murder is enough?

Yes!!! Enough is enough! This has gone on for far too long!

The bullies are running the show and the good people of the United States re -act instead of being pro-active. This isn't working!

Last edited:

Keep it coming.

Wow you found the smilies.

:lol:

Bravo.

Now, if you could only find an intelligent thought to post.....

His mother wasn't armed but she was a teacher in that school. One who didn't make it to school that morning because he murdered her before he left the house. According to the most recent reports, however, all the weapons he used at the school were registered to her.

And nobody at the school had any defense against him.

Bus drivers have access to a weapon should they need one. So do passenger train personnel, designated personnel on board cruise ships and merchant ships, airline pilots, and I am going to guess a lot of cab drivers. I fully support schools taking whatever measures are necessary to protect the kids.

Except reducing the number of guns and the access that mentally ill people have to them, apparently.

Again- rest of the world, they don't let anyone who has a gun have them. And they have a LOT less of this kind of thing going on.

We don't live in the rest of the world. We live in America.

Again you're irrelevant

Do you not think we can learn something from the rest of the world on this? They seem to have it figured out. First the metric system which is far and away superior to our standard units....now this.

Oh yeah, I forgot, we're exceptional in every way.

Except reducing the number of guns and the access that mentally ill people have to them, apparently.

Again- rest of the world, they don't let anyone who has a gun have them. And they have a LOT less of this kind of thing going on.

We don't live in the rest of the world. We live in America.

Again you're irrelevant

Do you not think we can learn something from the rest of the world on this? They seem to have it figured out. First the metric system which is far and away superior to our standard units....now this.

Oh yeah, I forgot, we're exceptional in every way.

So, you think individuals go psychotic trying to remember how many ounces are in a pound?

Well in my day, teachers were not armed because it was unthinkable that they needed to be. Nobody worried about some crazy showing up and shooting anybody, let alone the kids. But in my day a lot of the teachers, including the women, were experienced hunters, and I am pretty sure almost all of them could load and fire a shotgun or other weapon. My HS algebra teacher was a champion skeet shooter.

After today, I'm pretty sure you could get a pretty good bunch of volunteer teachers who would take the appropriate training and agree to be custodians of secured weapons in their classrooms. And I would support such a program 100%.

Let's also not forget that in our day Foxfyre, the crazies were in state run looney bins!!!!! Locked up behind bars!!!

Thank goodness for small government; we got rid of those institutions just in time.

Just in time for what? Boldness among the crazies to take up arms and massacre the masses? Ummmm...ok.

Re-open the state hospitals and toss the crazies in there. Either that or colonize the moon and send them up there to live and work...away from the decent people of the world. I'm tired of the evil ones taking out the good. I mean...damn...that's just downright twisted!

Why make it sound so military like, when it is only maybe saying that the schools need a program where a few plain clothes officers are on duty, but that is how you roll isn't it ?

No, I was just happy that you'd volunteer to pay the salaries and benefits of three guys that would just wonder around a school campus all day with a gun, regardless of their uniform.

When can I sign up?

A good security gaurd service would be sufficient enough I think...

Nope, I don't think so. Not only would that be an expense that would take precious resources out of the school budget, but the gunman would target that guard immediately. But he couldn't take out a dozen armed and trained teachers before one could nail him.

Should we arm all of the stewardesses on an airplane? The actors on a stage at a play? The guy who runs the roller rink where kids get together? The clown that performs at a children's party?

Just want to see how fucked up your thinking is on this matter.

The answer, according to you is to quell violence by introducing more violence or the threat of such.

It's society that's fucked up! And to deny the good guys weapons to protect themselves while the gunmans run rampant is what doesn't make sense. At least give the teachers and the administration a way to protect the kids instead of just letting them be sitting ducks.

Keep it coming.

Wow you found the smilies.

:lol:

Bravo.

Now, if you could only find an intelligent thought to post.....
Oh so now you are angry, because I'm not being such the nice guy in this thread as you want me to be ? I'll try harder to be nicer, but not while the blood of children are on the nations hands it probably won't happen. People need to be frank now, and they need to be honest.

Why make it sound so military like, when it is only maybe saying that the schools need a program where a few plain clothes officers are on duty, but that is how you roll isn't it ?

No, I was just happy that you'd volunteer to pay the salaries and benefits of three guys that would just wonder around a school campus all day with a gun, regardless of their uniform.

When can I sign up?
Again money takes presidence with the likes of you, over the childrens lives ? Interesting...

Forum List

Back