Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Arming the teachers would be a good idea, but what happens if that teacher uses his/her gun to go on a killing spree?

do teachers have a histroy of going on killing sprees Noomi?

Teachers put up with a lot of shit from students and parents without going psycho.

Its still a possibility, is all - and what happens if that happens?

Arming the teachers would be a good idea, but what happens if that teacher uses his/her gun to go on a killing spree?

do teachers have a histroy of going on killing sprees Noomi?

Teachers put up with a lot of shit from students and parents without going psycho.

Its still a possibility, is all - and what happens if that happens?

which is more likely?

and couldn't another teacher take care of the problem?

Either way, you are in a better position with armed teachers.

BTW

IMO this is all hypothetical. I don't see teachers being allowed to do this.

I think having a teacher armed around students is dangerous and frightening and I wouldn't want my kids teacher carrying a gun.

"Utah state law already allows people with concealed-weapons permits to carry guns on school grounds. School districts across the state have different policies about where those guns can be kept, banning them from being stored in places like desks or coat closets." - Officials split on teacher gun class

First-grade teacher Kaitlin Roig, 29, heard the gunshots in Sandy Hook Elementary and got up, closed her classroom door, ushered her students into the class bathroom, and wedged a storage unit in front of the door. When the police came to let her and her students out, she made them first slide their badges under the door to prove they were really cops, and not the gunman trying to trick her.

First grade teacher Vicki Soto, 27, tried to usher her students into a closet, thereby putting her body between them and the gunman, and was shot and killed.

Principal Dawn Hochsprung, 47, reportedly heard the gunshots and immediately jumped up and ran toward them. She also reportedly was shot and killed while trying to lunge at the gunman.

Music teacher Maryrose Kristopik reportedly ushered her students into a closet and barricaded the door to her classroom as the gunman hammered on it.

An unnamed teacher pulled two boys out of the line of fire and into a classroom, saving both their lives.

The school's custodian allegedly ran down the hallway, warning everyone that there was a gunman in the school, which gave many teachers and students a chance to hide or get away.

These are the people the left thinks are too stupid, too hysterical, too incompetent, too untrustworthy to be allowed guns to protect the children.
Yes, and I can see in these reports somewhere, that if someone would have had a weapon they could have stopped this situation before it had gone that far.. Question, do you reckon they have any more recent pic's of the gunman(?), because it apears they are using some old pic's that dipict this guy as a skinney weakling of a feller, instead of someone smart enough or strong enough to pull this off like he did.

I don't think "skinny" and "smart" are mutually exclusive, and I'm not sure how much physical strength you think is required to do what he did. Kinda one of the points of guns is that they level the playing field for people who AREN'T the biggest and the strongest. Certainly, that's why WOMEN like them for self-defense.

As far as I can tell, he was a skinny 20-year-old kid.
Scratching my head still, upon how this cat could be so evil and dark as a human being, but the reports will soon shed more light on this I'm hoping..

No one has suggested simply handing all the teachers guns and saying, "Have at." But there's a wide, wide gulf between that and your strange notion that they should be "combat-trained".

Sorry, I disagree with you. I think it is literally f'ing foolish to arm someone half-assed trained in firearms on school grounds.

Y'know, I looked feverishly through my posts for the place where I specified, or even hinted at "half-assed trained" for the armed teachers. Since this, in fact, appeared NOWHERE in any of my posts, stated or implied, and was therefore only attributed to me by you so that you could argue against it, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to ask you to go fuck yourself with your own strawman.

Next bit of drivel.

Yeah, can't imagine what could be worse than the utterly hypothetical possibility that the people educating and caring for our children are so fucking stupid they might just start firing wildly at anything that moves . . . except maybe the VERY REAL picture of them standing helplessly by their students as they're all gunned down in job lots.

All you're telling me is that YOU are an incompetent asshole who shouldn't be trusted with anything more dangerous than a butter knife. I'll be happy to stipulate to that, but it has fuck-all to do with whether or not other people are able to keep their heads and act responsibly in stressful situations, instead of folding up like cheap lawn furniture.

Go look at the stories I posted of how those teachers acted in the face of gunfire with no way of defending themselves at all, and try . . . TRY to tell me you think they're a bunch of blubbering, hysterical fools who can't be trusted. Go on. I dare you.

I can't imagine how stressful those minutes would be.

Probably less stressful than facing that same danger with no defense at all.

I think it is a terrible mistake to make and would lead to children being hurt or killed by well intentioned teachers.

Immie

Probably in a lot fewer numbers than are ALREADY being hurt and killed by ill-intentioned lunatics.

Your priorities are almost as fucked as your brain.
Getting through all the cussing, I see that you make many very good points, and I would agree with those points, in which now leads me to wonder how many are thinking like this immie cat in America(?) and maybe this is why we have these problems today in America..

Twenty children and 6 teachers/administrators killed by a lone gunman in Newtown, Connecticut.

Liberal reaction: "We can't arm teachers! Someone might get hurt!"

I think that pretty much sums up anything there is to say, except . . .

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Liberalism is so weak, that it is fallen to the devil I believe, and the last thing the devil and his weak minded minions/sheeple want, is for us to take counter measures against his evil in this nation. The devil loves for us to be like fish in a barrel when he comes to fishing, so he can get as many a body count as he can, and this without us defending ourselves against him, otherwise when he just gathers us up in one fast swoop like fish in a barrel.

Last edited:
One of the many problems that I see with this, is too many people assume that shooting someone is easy. It is 100% the exact opposite, especially in high stress situations. Police actually hit the suspects they were shooting at about 15-20% of the time. These are men and women that are trained heavily in the use of guns. There is no way that teachers are going to be nearly as trained or as ready as police are.

Military kill people with friendly fire, police do, vice-presidents shoot people on accident while hunting. Teachers? Nah they could never make a mistake.
So what do nothing then, and wait for the next horror show ?

Wouldn't we all? I know I would.

But that is not saying much. Of course, we would all rather have our kids safe, but the risk of having a child killed by accident with a legal gun on campus would still be greater than the risk of a crazed gunman getting the child... albeit the difference in risk is shrinking.

Immie

Really? The risk would be greater? Prove it, and I DON'T mean with your personal, fevered imaginings of "what could happen".

And while we're at it, let's hear YOUR brilliant plan for keeping our children safe while surrounding them with utterly unarmed and helpless caretakers, for fear that their caretakers MIGHT be crazy and dangerous, or thoughtless and incompetent, and either way utterly untrustworthy (but only with guns, not with the children themselves).

Look it up yourself. You've seen as many of the reports as I have about guns in the home being more likely to kill or injure a loved one than an intruder. In this case, I don't have to do your googling for you.

I never said I had a brilliant idea on how to solve this problem, but being stupid and arming untrained teachers sure is not going to be in the top 150 of any ideas I would come up with. Welcoming firearms to school grounds is about as intelligent as trying to put out a fire with lighter fluid.

Immie
It's so wonder you don't go ahead and say that teachers who train police officers are idiots as well, because they are teachers also ya know.. In your thinking it's so wonder that a woman could ever became a police officer in your mind, because they are just to what maybe in your thinking ?

I have been convinced that if we had proper training and etc., we could make all these schools more safe in America. Now the next thing that will stop that is MONEY. This nation can give billions to the Egytion governments military and billions to Pakistan, but you watch and see, there won't be enough money for anything we need in America..... Just wait and see....

Twenty children and 6 teachers/administrators killed by a lone gunman in Newtown, Connecticut.

Liberal reaction: "We can't arm teachers! Someone might get hurt!"

I think that pretty much sums up anything there is to say, except . . .

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

As I said, arming teachers is a wonderful idea. The kids would get their homework in more often and parents would be more respectful at conference time.

Sorry, I disagree with you. I think it is literally f'ing foolish to arm someone half-assed trained in firearms on school grounds.

Y'know, I looked feverishly through my posts for the place where I specified, or even hinted at "half-assed trained" for the armed teachers. Since this, in fact, appeared NOWHERE in any of my posts, stated or implied, and was therefore only attributed to me by you so that you could argue against it, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to ask you to go fuck yourself with your own strawman.

Next bit of drivel.

Yeah, can't imagine what could be worse than the utterly hypothetical possibility that the people educating and caring for our children are so fucking stupid they might just start firing wildly at anything that moves . . . except maybe the VERY REAL picture of them standing helplessly by their students as they're all gunned down in job lots.

All you're telling me is that YOU are an incompetent asshole who shouldn't be trusted with anything more dangerous than a butter knife. I'll be happy to stipulate to that, but it has fuck-all to do with whether or not other people are able to keep their heads and act responsibly in stressful situations, instead of folding up like cheap lawn furniture.

Go look at the stories I posted of how those teachers acted in the face of gunfire with no way of defending themselves at all, and try . . . TRY to tell me you think they're a bunch of blubbering, hysterical fools who can't be trusted. Go on. I dare you.

Probably less stressful than facing that same danger with no defense at all.

I think it is a terrible mistake to make and would lead to children being hurt or killed by well intentioned teachers.

Immie

Probably in a lot fewer numbers than are ALREADY being hurt and killed by ill-intentioned lunatics.

Your priorities are almost as fucked as your brain.

Are you frigging insane? Of course that is what you have been implying in this entire discussion. Yes, let's just put out this fire with lighter fluid. Next you will be suggesting we arm the students as well.

What is the problem with you morons (gramps, KG and Cecile)? You can't handle a bit of disagreement and discuss it with even an ounce of integrity? Incompetant Asshole? Because I don't bow to the bitches who think they know everything about everything God put on this earth?

Give me a break! You can't handle disagreement, but you want the right to carry firearms on public school grounds? Are you frigging serious? Evidence suggests that if you were a teacher and a student disagreed with you, his life would be in jeopardy and you want to carry weapons on public school grounds? You can't be serious.

Discuss this with some intelligence and integrity or STFU.

Immie
Who can't handle dis-agreement ?

The FAA allowed pilots to be armed after 9/11, and I haven't heard of a pilot going on a killing spree.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard of anyone trying to storm the cockpit of a jet since they were armed either. :eusa_think:

Arming the teachers is the best option?
Unbelievable!

What a fucked up country if that's the best you can do!!!
It is an option, and we are smart enough in this nation to do it, and they are smart enough to handle it, but in your feeble government controlled thinking mind, I bet you would be afraid to think outside the box for even one second, because you fear that the government thought police would come and take you away...LOL

At the very least SOMEONE who was armed would have been able to stop this guy because there was plenty of time to do it. They saw him at the door. They watched him smash the window to gain access. Before Lanza ever went to a classroom he went to the principal's office and killed all the unarmed people there. He should have been met with a hail of gunfire and dropped right when he walked through the door.

I think if it is going to be a hobby of loons to waltz into schools and shoot children as if they're fish in a barrel, then yes, the obvious solution and #1 priority is to PROTECT THE CHILDREN.

But progressives have ever been big on that. Children are viewed as "punishment" and they think there are too many to begin with.

So the only option in the Land of the Free, the most advanced nation on earth, is to turn schools into armed fortresses to protect its children against its own citizens.
Have you looked at schools lately, ummm do they resemble prisons to you already ? Think about it... What ever happened to the days when children could walk through a neighborhood at night on Hallowen, never get kidnapped, molested, or anyother of this sick crap that is happening so much today, and then bring home a bag of candy that would last almost to thanksgiving? I was a part of that generation who could do that, and so I know that things have gotten much worse under extreme liberalism or theology, and also under the terminal greedy in this nation now. Back when my mom and dad went to school, they could also walk to school or ride their bycycles to school, and no one would hurt them or do bad things to them, but here we all are now, after we have been duped by the idiots in this nation now... Kidding me right ! I could say to so many right now "I TOLD YOU SO".

The FAA allowed pilots to be armed after 9/11, and I haven't heard of a pilot going on a killing spree.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard of anyone trying to storm the cockpit of a jet since they were armed either. :eusa_think:
Liberals hate it when someone is able to defend themselves

Liberals hate it when someone is able to defend themselves

This liberal defends herself just fine, thank you.

I am interested to see what it would be like to have an experimental state of armed teachers. Let's try it out in Texas.

Forum List

Back