Another Shooting At Ft Hood

Every soldier should be armed all the time unless they are mentally challenged! My first duty as a Marine was to guard an armory. I was given three rounds - that would have been enough to mitigate this tragedy.

If the soldiers on the base were allowed to be armed, the number of dead and injured would be much smaller. the shooter could have been taken out after the first shot.

Chances are he would have shot up a McDonalds instead.

Which leads to the question, why was a person suffering from mental illness allowed to purchase a deadly weapon?

Saying he's mentally ill is a stock answer if he's not a Tea Party member.

I don't think the guy was crazy. Just pissed off about something.

Which leads to the question, why was a person suffering from mental illness allowed to purchase a deadly weapon?

If your pissed off enough - it's temporary insanity! There is more going on than inciting words.

He was a vet who served in Iraq as recently as 2011. He probably suffered from PTSD. The military needs to end the stigma associated with PTSD by encouraging soldiers to come forward and making it a policy matter that military doctors and higher-ups don't sweep cases under the rug or dismiss them as something less than PTSD. And any soldier diagnosed with PTSD should definitely not be allowed to have access to a deadly weapon.

He was a vet who served in Iraq as recently as 2011. He probably suffered from PTSD. The military needs to end the stigma associated with PTSD by encouraging soldiers to come forward and making it a policy matter that military doctors and higher-ups don't sweep cases under the rug or dismiss them as something less than PTSD. And any soldier diagnosed with PTSD should definitely not be allowed to have access to a deadly weapon.

True, but we've got a guy in my shop who never saw combat, worked on air-conditioners while in Saudi, and he's claiming PTSD.

His problem is he's a dick.

If that's in the water I can't see it but you can in the culture. Men, guns, and mental illness equals dead people. Moving on...

It is a small price to pay for your second amendment rights

Here we go...blaming the guns.
You Libturds are so predictable.

Each time a mass shooting occurs some call for more guns in the hands of more people.

Look at the numbers below, most people see more guns in the hands of more people as no solution and potentially greater gun violence:

NIMH · The Numbers Count: Mental Disorders in America

Last edited:
It is a small price to pay for your second amendment rights

Here we go...blaming the guns.
You Libturds are so predictable.

Each time a mass shooting occurs some call for more guns in the hands of more people.

Look at the numbers below, most people see more guns in the hands of more people as no solution and potentially greater gun violence:

NIMH · The Numbers Count: Mental Disorders in America

Being selective about who gets them isn't a consideration?:eusa_eh:

Dude, use some common-sense. I know it's tough to try.

Forum List

Back