Antarctic Melt Could Raise Sea by 53M

Oh wait, I know. When it gets hot it's part of global warning, and when it gets cold it's also part of global warming.

So when exactly is it not part of global warming? NEVER! Ha ha ha.

Wow, that's dumb. It's so stupid that only a denier could say it. I mean, you don't see any reason-based people declaring cooling means warming.

Normal people say that warming means warming. What about that concept it so foreign to the denier cultists? If they need it dumbed down further, I can't help them, because it's already as simple as it can get.

Someone seems confused about the difference between seasonal sea ice and land ice. But then, such details escape almost all deniers. After all, if they understood the science, they wouldn't be deniers.

Oh, the Antarctic sea ice increase was correctly predicted by AGW science 20 years ahead of it. That's why AGW science has such credibility, because it keeps getting all the predictions correct.

So you're saying that when the seasonal ice melts, the sea will rise 53m? Really?

No, only you're saying that. I have no idea where you got such a stupid idea, being I can't force my brain down to think in such a stupid manner. You'll have to explain it to us, the exact stupid thought processes that led you to such a stupid conclusion.

Regardless of thought, it IS a recipient of hundreds of millions in grants - which all go away if the AGW hoax falls apart.

I'm not saying they just want free money - oh wait, yes I am..

Remember, if the science says you're full of shit, just fabricate a conspiracy theory to explain away the data!

It must suck to be a denier. That is, having all the data contradict you, knowing how the world considers you to be brainless cultists, but still being forced to lie because you'll get kicked out of your cult if you don't. To the right-wing herdbeast, being ejected from their herd is like an emotional death sentence, hence they'll say and do anything to demonstrate what loyal herd member they are.

No, only you're saying that. I have no idea where you got such a stupid idea, being I can't force my brain down to think in such a stupid manner. You'll have to explain it to us, the exact stupid thought processes that led you to such a stupid conclusion.

It's the fucking retard in chief and his administration making these claims.

Obviously, until the means of production are completely in the hands of our rulers, we run the risk of offending the volcano god - er I mean, causing climate disruption....

So, become a slave - do it for your children! The world will end unless you become a slave.

regardless of correctness, NOTHING can be done about it. other than nuking a lot of 3rd world cities. you can't stop THEM from increasing CO2, so eff you. Why should we spend 1 minute or one dime on your "plan"?

Time to do what deniers hate most now, which is cite hard data. This from Jan 2014.

Revisiting GRACE Antarctic ice mass trends and accelerations considering autocorrelation
---
giving an ice mass trend of −58 ± 16 Gt/yr and an acceleration of −15 ± 13 Gt/yr2 ."
---

Also, the bowl shape doesn't matter if even the lip of the bowl is below sea level. Slowly increasing sea temperatures are chewing away at the ice shelves from below. Once the ocean reaches the land-based ice which has a base below sea level, it starts undermining that and floating it away. It's not happening tomorrow or in a few years, but on the scale of a century.

The constant below-freezing temps are also not an issue. Antarctica loses ice not by melting, but by having it flow into the ocean.

Last edited:
For those who care about Global Warming -

Ice melt in Antarctica could raise sea by 53m - Independent.ie

STEVE CONNOR – PUBLISHED 06 MAY 2014 02:30 AM

Parts of the vast ice sheet of East Antarctica – which holds enough water to raise global sea levels by 53m – could begin an irreversible slide into the sea this century, causing an unstoppable process of global coastal destruction, scientists have warned.
<more>

I live above 53 meters so I don't care. :D

The ice melts in Antarctica every year. Unlike the Arctic the antarctic loses its ice yearly. It was one of the reasons that ship got stuck. No one expected such a sudden return of the ice. The belief in the myth of global warming was too strong.

There is annual ice that DOES melt either partially or completely every summer...and their is the permanent ice cap that should not melt in large amounts....Antarctica is like a giant Ice cap with permanent ice flowing outward towards the oceans on all sides, calving flat ice bergs at a reasonable rate annually.

Uncle Ferd gonna put pontoons onna side of the trailer...

... den we gonna have a big ol' houseboat...

... when dem waters come up.

(How high's the water mamma?

... five feet high an' risin'.)

Dey don't sing `em like Johnny Cash anymore.
:D

It's the fucking retard in chief and his administration making these claims.

Obviously, until the means of production are completely in the hands of our rulers, we run the risk of offending the volcano god - er I mean, causing climate disruption....

So, become a slave - do it for your children! The world will end unless you become a slave.

May you live on the Gulf Coast. :D

For those who care about Global Warming -

Ice melt in Antarctica could raise sea by 53m - Independent.ie

STEVE CONNOR – PUBLISHED 06 MAY 2014 02:30 AM

Parts of the vast ice sheet of East Antarctica – which holds enough water to raise global sea levels by 53m – could begin an irreversible slide into the sea this century, causing an unstoppable process of global coastal destruction, scientists have warned.
<more>

No worries.....except for a tiny little part of it, the ice is increasing down there.....in fact, significantly so.

s0n.....there are about 1 million other things to be more worried about.:2up:

Someone seems confused about the difference between seasonal sea ice and land ice. But then, such details escape almost all deniers. After all, if they understood the science, they wouldn't be deniers.

Oh, the Antarctic sea ice increase was correctly predicted by AGW science 20 years ahead of it. That's why AGW science has such credibility, because it keeps getting all the predictions correct.

So they predicted the 10 year moratorium on warming we have seen?

Um, there is no moratorium. Do some basic research, eh?

Hint: The oceans exist. Don't embarrass yourself by ignoring them.

An answer for everything. spoken like a true zelot. All you people need is robes and a style of temple and your religion will be complete.

We need to build a climate psychiatric center for these nuts and Im not even kidding here......the efforts of these people can lead to one thing only: creating more poor people.....a lot more poor people.......enough poor people to make elections a relic of a former era. And that's the plan here.......for example, putting the coal industry out of business = 2.5 million more unemployed = more poor = more Democrat voters. Indeed.....it is a brilliant scheme.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back