Antarctic sea ice 2016: Historic lows

So, as I thought, you didn't understand the concept I gave you. Argument over. You are one of those full or empty people that can't understand concepts.
lol, you are a fruitcake. Go live your life oblivious to your hypocrisy.

Do you really think the only emissions given off by oil refineries is CO2?

Do you really not understand the concept of moderation and living within your limits?
Do you really believe burning gasoline in your car only gives off CO2?

Do you really not understand the concept of hypocrisy?

Why did you have to ruin a good conversation?

You are the person stuck on talking about CO2... in every factor.

Hypocrisy? You ruined the discussion.
Probably because emotional people who have abandoned all reason and logic are ruining this country.

And you think you have better reasoning abilities than everyone else? You've proven that false today. Any way, I'm putting you on ignore so I can go back to having useful conversations on this subject.

Do you really not understand the concept of moderation and living within your limits?

Probably because emotional people who have abandoned all reason and logic are ruining this country.

And you think you have better reasoning abilities than everyone else? You've proven that false today. Any way, I'm putting you on ignore so I can go back to having useful conversations on this subject.
Better than you that's for sure.

Yes, the subject is the Antarctic Sea Ice. And what is it that is melting it so fast. Cannot be atmospheric temperature, still too cold to do that, has to be ocean temperature. So, what has changed? We need to know, and know if it is a permanent change, because if it can do that for the sea ice, it can do that for the ice shelves. If it does, then we are going to get sea level rise far faster than we were expecting.

Yes, the subject is the Antarctic Sea Ice. And what is it that is melting it so fast. Cannot be atmospheric temperature, still too cold to do that, has to be ocean temperature. So, what has changed? We need to know, and know if it is a permanent change, because if it can do that for the sea ice, it can do that for the ice shelves. If it does, then we are going to get sea level rise far faster than we were expecting.

Could you imagine the craziness that would go on if all the rich waterfront properties went underwater? How all those rich people would suddenly change their stance on Global Warming?

Could you imagine the craziness that would go on if all the rich waterfront properties went underwater? How all those rich people would suddenly change their stance on Global Warming?
That is actually happening in Florida right now, in spite of Governor Scott.

That is actually happening in Florida right now, in spite of Governor Scott.

Hehe property values are going up in Kentucky as we speak. :rofl:

NORFOLK, Va. — Huge vertical rulers are sprouting beside low spots in the streets here, so people can judge if the tidal floods that increasingly inundate their roads are too deep to drive through.

Five hundred miles down the Atlantic Coast, the only road to Tybee Island, Ga., is disappearing beneath the sea several times a year, cutting the town off from the mainland.

And another 500 miles on, in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., increased tidal flooding is forcing the city to spend millions fixing battered roads and drains — and, at times, to send out giant vacuum trucks to suck saltwater off the streets.

For decades, as the global warming created by human emissions caused land ice to melt and ocean water to expand, scientists warned that the accelerating rise of the sea would eventually imperil the United States’ coastline.

Now, those warnings are no longer theoretical: The inundation of the coast has begun. The sea has crept up to the point that a high tide and a brisk wind are all it takes to send water pouring into streets and homes.

Federal scientists have documented a sharp jump in this nuisance flooding — often called “sunny-day flooding” — along both the East Coast and the Gulf Coast in recent years. The sea is now so near the brim in many places that they believe the problem is likely to worsen quickly. Shifts in the Pacific Ocean mean that the West Coast, partly spared over the past two decades, may be hit hard, too

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/s...by-global-warming-has-already-begun.html?_r=0

What happens In the polar regions does not stay in the polar regions.

Than making use of that superior reasoning power, I'm sure you can explain why you believe the radiative forcing factor of CO2 in the atmosphere is unable to initiate warming while that of "the sun and the oceans" are. Something better than "because they never have".

Than making use of that superior reasoning power, I'm sure you can explain why you believe the radiative forcing factor of CO2 in the atmosphere is unable to initiate warming while that of "the sun and the oceans" are. Something better than "because they never have".
Sure I can. You know what is required of you for me to do so, right?

Apparently, infinite patience.

If you want to convince EVERYONE here that you haven't got shit, just continue to play these puerile games. The general rule around here is that people making claims are required to provide supporting evidence. Your call.

Apparently, infinite patience.

If you want to convince EVERYONE here that you haven't got shit, just continue to play these puerile games. The general rule around here is that people making claims are required to provide supporting evidence. Your call.
Sure. I have made that call. I couldn't care less what others think. I find it amusing that when you were presented with proof of your laziness, incompetence and dishonesty that you clung stubbornly to your belief that you hadn't. And yet, here you are accusing me of not providing supporting evidence. I have already provided geologic evidence of past climate changes that where CO2 went up and down and showed that the temperature did not respond as the radiative forcing of CO2 projected. On each occasion you had no valid answer that in of itself did not refute your current position. In fact, the few times you did respond your answer was that there were other variables that influenced the temperature. No shit. That's the point I am making today.

No.. You have this bass ackwards as usual. All those accelerations and feedbacks attributed to CO2 are NEVER applied when the forcing is primary solar variation. Apparently, the Earth knows the difference and suffers MORE when the forcing is from man-made CO2. That's why your IPCC conveniently ignores the magic multipliers and crap when dismissing solar forcing..

No.. You have this bass ackwards as usual. All those accelerations and feedbacks attributed to CO2 are NEVER applied when the forcing is primary solar variation. Apparently, the Earth knows the difference and suffers MORE when the forcing is from man-made CO2. That's why your IPCC conveniently ignores the magic multipliers and crap when dismissing solar forcing..

That would be the forcing from THIS:

Changes_in_total_solar_irradiance_and_monthly_sunspot_numbers,_1975-2013.png

Astounding how well that correlates with global temperature. And what's the range of forcing up there? >0.25W/m^2. Man, that's a scorcher!

And since 1998, we have been having record warm years. Yet both solar irradiance and sunspot numbers are down. Kind of blows your denier claims out of the water.

That would be the forcing from THIS:

Changes_in_total_solar_irradiance_and_monthly_sunspot_numbers,_1975-2013.png

Astounding how well that correlates with global temperature. And what's the range of forcing up there? >0.25W/m^2. Man, that's a scorcher!

Not doing this again. Anything with sunspot numbers is ignored. And a 30 year record of the thing that DRIVES the Earth's climate is NO WHERE NEAR sufficient to understand climate effects. You're stuck PERMANENTLY on stupid by your lack of brain engagement and reliance on the UN for science....

So you think there's a buffer somewhere, that nobody knows about, with greater than 30 year's capacity in it.

For Nov. 27th JAXA has posted 12,318,519 km2 for SIE around Antarctica.

Down by 142,460 km2.

From NSIDC, the drop at Nov 26 was even bigger, -193K. The SIE isnow at 12,485 Mn km2 which is about a million km2 lower than 1986 at the moment.

S_stddev_timeseries_thumb.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back