Antarctic sea ice 2016: Historic lows

I read what you wrote, why do you believe the US government is going to build refineries? Let's assume you don't, ok? Wouldn't you think that the ones spending the money to build refineries would have an economic reason? Or do you believe they want to build them just to piss you off?

There is NO need to build them. There is NO need to build more polluting refineries when we are already the largest producer of refined oil in the world and have gone from oil dependent to an abundance of oil reserves that are pretty much worthless at the moment.

Yeah...you sound so intelligent now. First you tell a lie about me in another thread, and now you are defending your point with, "Or do you believe they want to build them just to piss you off?" You have about 0.0001% credibility with me at the moment.
Should the refiners consult you before every investment decision they make or just on refineries?

Hey dipshit...do you not understand? WE ARE THE LARGEST MANUFACTURER OF REFINED OIL IN THE WORLD. We have an abundant reserve of refined oil. Why do we need to build more fineries and add pollution to the environment when we are already outproducing our use and sales of it?
Here's a good example, I'm going to buy a new car. I decide I will buy a Suburban that gets 14 mpg. Do you have a say in that too?

ExplodingHead.gif

Lewdog

I'm asking you a fucking question and you keep answering me back with insults and not answers.

WHY DO WE NEED TO BUILD MORE REFINERIES AND CREATE MORE POLLUTION WHEN THE U.S IS THE LARGEST REFINED OIL PRODUCING COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AND WE HAVE ABUNDANCE OF OIL RESERVES?
I DON'T KNOW WHICH REFINERIES YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT I SUSPECT IT IS BECAUSE THE COMPANY BUILDING IT THINKS THEY WILL MAKE MONEY

There is NO need to build them. There is NO need to build more polluting refineries when we are already the largest producer of refined oil in the world and have gone from oil dependent to an abundance of oil reserves that are pretty much worthless at the moment.

Yeah...you sound so intelligent now. First you tell a lie about me in another thread, and now you are defending your point with, "Or do you believe they want to build them just to piss you off?" You have about 0.0001% credibility with me at the moment.
Should the refiners consult you before every investment decision they make or just on refineries?

Hey dipshit...do you not understand? WE ARE THE LARGEST MANUFACTURER OF REFINED OIL IN THE WORLD. We have an abundant reserve of refined oil. Why do we need to build more fineries and add pollution to the environment when we are already outproducing our use and sales of it?
Here's a good example, I'm going to buy a new car. I decide I will buy a Suburban that gets 14 mpg. Do you have a say in that too?

ExplodingHead.gif

Lewdog

I'm asking you a fucking question and you keep answering me back with insults and not answers.

WHY DO WE NEED TO BUILD MORE REFINERIES AND CREATE MORE POLLUTION WHEN THE U.S IS THE LARGEST REFINED OIL PRODUCING COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AND WE HAVE ABUNDANCE OF OIL RESERVES?
I DON'T KNOW WHICH REFINERIES YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT IS SUSPECT IT IS BECAUSE THE COMPANY BUILDING IT THINKS THEY WILL MAKE MONEY

Holy shit it only took you 3 tries to answer a question? You are a fucking genius!

Now why is it ok to pollute the environment to make money... but researchers can't make money off their research or they are obviously corrupt and not giving fair data?

I don't know how much reality is in the movie The Day After Tomorrow, but they postulate the drop in water temperature around the Jet Stream makes a big deal. I'm asking if that is true or not.

There was ZERO reality in that movie. That's the problem with the majority of the people who believe in AGW. They get their science from movies.

Then why did someone just show that the theory of cooling water temperatures affecting the jet stream and causing cooler winters in its path as true?
They push their accelerated CO2 emission cases - which are totally unrealistic - over their base case projections and overestimate the projections for atmospheric CO2, surface temperature and sea level rise at every turn. Their attempts to blame natural disasters on a perceived 1C increase in temperature and a 120 parts per MILLION increase in CO2 is ludicrous. If you want to believe it, go right ahead. Sell your car and your house and go live of of the land, but please don't make fires to cook your food. Just eat it raw.

Now you're just overreacting. Do you want the U.S. to be like China where the air is so bad we have to walk around wearing breathing masks?
Surely you don't believe the reason they are walking around with masks is because of CO2, right? Our air quality has improved significantly since the 1970's. CO2 is not a pollutant regardless of what anyone else says. CO2 is a vital part of the carbon cycle that all life on earth requires to exist.
Salt is absolutely vital to your life. So, that being said, just go ahead and down a quart of it all at once. Surely cannot hurt you as it is vital to your life.

Engineering logic at it's best. LOL And it is the rate of climate change that is the problem. A rate of change that not only may stress the ecology that we depend on, but will do the same for our civilization and it's infrastructure.

There was ZERO reality in that movie. That's the problem with the majority of the people who believe in AGW. They get their science from movies.

Then why did someone just show that the theory of cooling water temperatures affecting the jet stream and causing cooler winters in its path as true?
They push their accelerated CO2 emission cases - which are totally unrealistic - over their base case projections and overestimate the projections for atmospheric CO2, surface temperature and sea level rise at every turn. Their attempts to blame natural disasters on a perceived 1C increase in temperature and a 120 parts per MILLION increase in CO2 is ludicrous. If you want to believe it, go right ahead. Sell your car and your house and go live of of the land, but please don't make fires to cook your food. Just eat it raw.

Now you're just overreacting. Do you want the U.S. to be like China where the air is so bad we have to walk around wearing breathing masks?
Surely you don't believe the reason they are walking around with masks is because of CO2, right? Our air quality has improved significantly since the 1970's. CO2 is not a pollutant regardless of what anyone else says. CO2 is a vital part of the carbon cycle that all life on earth requires to exist.
Salt is absolutely vital to your life. So, that being said, just go ahead and down a quart of it all at once. Surely cannot hurt you as it is vital to your life.

Engineering logic at it's best. LOL And it is the rate of climate change that is the problem. A rate of change that not only may stress the ecology that we depend on, but will do the same for our civilization and it's infrastructure.
Really? How much CO2 does it take to be toxic?

ExplodingHead.gif

Lewdog

I DON'T KNOW WHICH REFINERIES YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT IS SUSPECT IT IS BECAUSE THE COMPANY BUILDING IT THINKS THEY WILL MAKE MONEY

Holy shit it only took you 3 tries to answer a question? You are a fucking genius!

Now why is it ok to pollute the environment to make money... but researchers can't make money off their research or they are obviously corrupt and not giving fair data?
I answered it the first time, you big dope. You just couldn't figure it out.

How are they polluting the environment, Einstein? Do you drive a car? Are you polluting?

How much sea level rise does it take to cripple sea ports around the world? How far can we go in massive bleaching of corals before we create a situation where the people that depend on the sea for food are going hungry? How much acidification before the base of the food chain is crippled? How many much of the ecology can we destroy from the droughts and precipitation events that the warming makes more likely before our food production is affected?

Ding, you are playing shit games. You know damned well that the toxic effects of CO2 are not going to be reached, and you know damned well that the amount that will create major changes in the climate has already been reached. But you and Westwall are playing games to keep the rich corporations richer at the expense of the rest of mankind.

ExplodingHead.gif

Lewdog

How are they polluting the environment, Einstein? Do you drive a car? Are you polluting?

Oh yeah, that's a good equivalent. Driving a car or an oil refinery! Brilliant! You are a the next fucking Einstein! Did you notice this conversation was fairly pleasant until you started acting like an idiot?

How much sea level rise does it take to cripple sea ports around the world? How far can we go in massive bleaching of corals before we create a situation where the people that depend on the sea for food are going hungry? How much acidification before the base of the food chain is crippled? How many much of the ecology can we destroy from the droughts and precipitation events that the warming makes more likely before our food production is affected?

Ding, you are playing shit games. You know damned well that the toxic effects of CO2 are not going to be reached, and you know damned well that the amount that will create major changes in the climate has already been reached. But you and Westwall are playing games to keep the rich corporations richer at the expense of the rest of mankind.
You were the one who brought up the too much salt thingee. I'm just curious if you know what the toxicity threshold of CO2 is. Well... do you?

ExplodingHead.gif

Lewdog

Oh yeah, that's a good equivalent. Driving a car or an oil refinery! Brilliant! You are a the next fucking Einstein! Did you notice this conversation was fairly pleasant until you started acting like an idiot?
Are you a hypocrite? Please go and buy an electric car right away. Oh wait... those use electricity which requires powerplants. Go buy a bike right away.

Are you a hypocrite? Please go and buy an electric car right away. Oh wait... those use electricity which requires powerplants. Go buy a bike right away.

You have a difficult time understanding concepts don't you? I'm going to tell you something that a professor once told me in a Nutrition class and see if you can understand it:

"It's ok to eat potato chips every once in a while, as long as you don't eat the whole bag. It's all about doing things in moderation."

What is your carbon footprint? And no, I don't believe that major climate changes are occurring. You do. What is your excuse for your carbon footprint, hypocrite?

You have a difficult time understanding concepts don't you? I'm going to tell you something that a professor once told me in a Nutrition class and see if you can understand it:

"It's ok to eat potato chips every once in a while, as long as you don't eat the whole bag. It's all about doing things in moderation."
Well... in this case a whole lot of people driving cars equals a whole lot of pollution, right? And yet here you are complaining about it while being oblivious of your own complicity.

Well... in this case a whole lot of people driving cars equals a whole lot of pollution, right? And yet here you are complaining about it while being oblivious of your own complicity.

So your answer is..."Oh people are already polluting so let's pollute with reckless abandon... because money!"

So your answer is..."Oh people are already polluting so let's pollute with reckless abandon... because money!"
No. I don't believe they are polluting. That is you. What is your carbon footprint? How much pollution does your car emit? Stop blaming others to assuage your own guilt. Refineries exist so YOU can drive YOUR car.

No. I don't believe they are polluting. That is you. What is your carbon footprint? How much pollution does your car emit? Stop blaming others to assuage your own guilt. Refineries exist so YOU can drive YOUR car.

So, as I thought, you didn't understand the concept I gave you. Argument over. You are one of those full or empty people that can't understand concepts.

So, as I thought, you didn't understand the concept I gave you. Argument over. You are one of those full or empty people that can't understand concepts.
lol, you are a fruitcake. Go live your life oblivious to your hypocrisy.

Do you really think the only emissions given off by oil refineries is CO2?

Do you really not understand the concept of moderation and living within your limits?

Do you really not understand the concept of moderation and living within your limits?
Do you really believe burning gasoline in your car only gives off CO2?

Do you really not understand the concept of hypocrisy?

Why did you have to ruin a good conversation?

You are the person stuck on talking about CO2... in every factor.

Hypocrisy? You ruined the discussion.

Why did you have to ruin a good conversation?

You are the person stuck on talking about CO2... in every factor.

Hypocrisy? You ruined the discussion.
Probably because emotional people who have abandoned all reason and logic are ruining this country.

Forum List

Back