Antarctic Sea Ice At Record New High

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
What's going on here? I thought warmer weather and sea water caused ice to melt? I seem to be as confused at all those climatologists with their high-powered computers who told us it was going to melt and cause ocean levels to rise and threaten our coastline.

I guess I better read this again @ Global warming latest: Amount of Antarctic sea ice hits new record high | Mail Online

And then, there comes this:

Government Data Show U.S. in Decade-Long Cooling
@ Government Data Show U.S. in Decade-Long Cooling - Forbes

I just don't understand any of this! ☼

But it's not finished yet. Here's this:

The 2014 El Niño is looking more and more like a bust and Peru says waters cooling with fish returning @ The 2014 El Niño is looking more and more like a bust | Watts Up With That?

This has been discussed at length elsewhere. Let me summarize...

It's not a good thing, it's the result of climate change, it's the fault of humans.

Let us suppose - and I really mean suppose - that winter sea ice extents off the Antarctic coastline are increasing due to LOWER temperatures there. Given everything else that's happening on planet Earth these days, what do you believe that proves? What do you believe that indicates for the global picture? What do you think that suggests for the future? Eh?

Let us suppose - and I really mean suppose - that winter sea ice extents off the Antarctic coastline are increasing due to LOWER temperatures there. Given everything else that's happening on planet Earth these days, what do you believe that proves? What do you believe that indicates for the global picture? What do you think that suggests for the future? Eh?

Don't expect a reasonable response to this. It won't happen.

I was just wondering if someone was of the idea that the increasing Antarctic sea ice indicated that global warming had come to an end.

Another black eye for the k00ks.......since 2006, its been a Chinese water torture for these freaks........and they know it too!!!

Nobody embraces the alarmist view in 2014......except the far left internet nutters.

Well, I don't actually know any alarmists (unless you want to count the deniers trying to alarm folks about those who accept AGW as valid) but the view that AGW is valid is accepted by an enormous majority of climate scientists. Among the experts, yours is the EXTREMELY minority viewpoint.

I was just wondering if someone was of the idea that the increasing Antarctic sea ice indicated that global warming had come to an end.

According to the global warming alarmists, increased Antarctic sea ice is proof of global warming.
I am reminded of P. T. Barnum.

According to the global warming alarmists, increased Antarctic sea ice is proof of global warming.

It's natural science. NOTHING is proof of global warming. But it does support several facets of AGW theory.

Do you doubt that global warming is taking place?

Last edited:

Come clean with us. You are actually disappointed and saddened that all the horror stories aren't happening, aren't you? Instead of being pleased to find out that little warming is happening, some natural, some cO2 induced, some exaggerated, you are pissed off that mankind is not being punished for all their sins, which are so important to you. If the whole CAGW fiasco collapses you will just go on to the next doomsday scenario won't you.

CAGW is your schtick, not mine.

I am disappointed that humans have proven themselves just as ignorant and short-sighted and lazy as I ever imagined them to be. There was never the slightest chance that we would take sufficient action to stave this off.

I am saddened that my children and their children and the children of everyone alive to day are going to suffer in many ways for our failures to act. The world they will grow up in will be significantly more stressed - significantly more unpleasant - than the relatively idyllic world in which my wife and I grew up.

I am angry at people like you for working against humanity's interests out of ego, out of greed, out of bitterness, out of functional stupidity, out of whatever unfathomable reason would convince you to go against evidence, knowledge, logic and reason in attempting to convince the world to not do precisely what it desperately needs to do.

And angry at myself that I failed to change your minds.

Does any of that make you feel better?

I am disappointed that humans have proven themselves just as ignorant and short-sighted and lazy as I ever imagined them to be. There was never the slightest chance that we would take sufficient action to stave this off.

I am saddened that my children and their children and the children of everyone alive to day are going to suffer in many ways for our failures to act. The world they will grow up in will be significantly more stressed - significantly more unpleasant - than the relatively idyllic world in which my wife and I grew up.

I am angry at people like you for working against humanity's interests out of ego, out of greed, out of bitterness, out of functional stupidity, out of whatever unfathomable reason would convince you to go against evidence, knowledge, logic and reason in attempting to convince the world to not do precisely what it desperately needs to do.

C(atastrphic)AGW is exactly your schtick. Every time you are given reasonable evidence that what little warming is happening you instead jump to doomsday scenarios. Your beliefs are much more drastic than even what the IPCC ascribes to. You want disaster.

C(atastrphic)AGW is exactly your schtick. Every time you are given reasonable evidence that what little warming is happening you instead jump to doomsday scenarios. Your beliefs are much more drastic than even what the IPCC ascribes to. You want disaster.

The bomb throwers have lost all credibility in the last several years.......and still the bombs get bigger and more absurd. These people cant help themselves. All angst all the time. In 2006, everybody laughed at the skeptics. In 2014, everyone and their brother laughs at the alarmists. I knew it was imminent but didn't think it would happen this fast.......but so many of the k00k predictions failed to materialize, may realized the agenda at play.

ghey:badgrin::badgrin:

As Ive posted up many times recently, 70% of the people think that the scientists are screwing with the data.......a significant majority!!

Last edited:

I have to disagree to this extent. Ds get much of their campaign funding from the AGW lunatics and a small but critical number of their activists from the same sources. I don't know about you but with that kind of money on the line I can definitely see myself going AGW shill. (Please contact by PM if you are willing to pay me to support this idiocy.)

Given the amount of money the Ds are getting from the idiots the idiots are definitely not getting good value.

It's natural science. NOTHING is proof of global warming. But it does support several facets of AGW theory.

Do you doubt that global warming is taking place?

I do not doubt that climate change occurs. Historically, at times, the earth has been both colder and warmer than it is today.

Forum List

Back