Anthony Kennedy just announced his retirement!

No doubt. Although he wasn't exactly a true RWer. Consider:

Early in his Supreme Court tenure, Kennedy voted with Rehnquist and the conservative bloc 90 percent of the time, including striking down an affirmative action program requiring set-asides for black-owned construction firms and upholding a law requiring minors seeking abortions to first get permission from a parent.

But Kennedy also showed early on that his decisions weren't based on political ideology, siding with his liberal colleagues in 1989 to uphold a ruling that protesters had a Constitutional right to burn the American flag.

In 1992, he voted with the liberal wing again, ruling that legal restrictions on access to abortion must not constitute an "undue burden" on a woman's right to abortion established in the 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision.

He also voted to extend constitutional protections to gays and lesbians, writing the 1996 opinion striking down a Colorado constitutional amendment denying homosexuals the right to file local discrimination claims. He also sided with the court's liberal wing in 2003 in declaring unconstitutional a Texas law criminalizing sodomy between consenting adults of the same sex.

But many conservatives believed that Kennedy redeemed himself when he cast the deciding vote in the landmark case of Gore vs. Bush that ended a recount in Florida of the presidential election and sent Republican George W. Bush to the White House.

In 2015, Kennedy was again slammed as a conservative traitor when he cast the deciding vote in two landmark cases.

Not only did he cast the deciding vote guaranteeing the right to same-sex marriage, he wrote the majority opinion: "It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization's oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right."

That same year, Kennedy voted to uphold a key component of the 2010 Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, allowing the federal government to provide nationwide tax subsidies to help Americans buy health insurance.

Anthony Kennedy, crucial Supreme Court swing vote, retiring after 3 decades
Wasn't kennedy, Borks replacement pick? Reagan couldn't get Bork through and the left made it clear they would only confirm a nomination they agreed with...Bork once joked that his name has become a/an verb/adjective because of the nomination process i.e. "they borked the pick"...lol

Last edited:
The Constitution says a majority is all that's needed. Garland didn't have a majority. Gorsuch did.

Capische?
Yes through blocking Gorsuch until the Senate and Presidency were one party, and through changing the rule to a simple majority vote, republicans have paved the way for the SC to be a group of activist judges.
Gorsuch was as much of a constitutionalist judge as you'll realistically be able find. Be honest, you want activist judges... as long as you agree with them.
Lol what I want... that’s the thing about Judges, they’re supposed to rule impartially. not the way they or I want. But that doesn’t count for the SC anymore.
Actually, it might. We'll see. The decision on the travel ban yesterday was expected and was based in law. The decision on the baker was a skillful punt of the question back to Colorado. We'll see.
Roberts will be the only hope left for impartiality. And I only say that because the office of Chief Justice seems like it’s weighed on him to vote neutrally in the past.

It would not be the first time one of the justices moved closer to the "center" to balance out the court when a new justice from one side or the other joins the court.

Let’s hope Ginsburg gorks now too! :cheers2:

The left will keep her on life support hoping for a senate swap in 2018.

But it's not going to happen.

AZ and MO will go GOP.

They will likely have 52-53 when done.

Then Ruth can die (like she should) in pain (I hope) and we'll replace her with someone that makes Robert Bork look like a leftist.

deanrd must be crapping his welfare purchased britches.

I have read that President Franklin Roosevelt who was a Communist Sympathiser pack that Court with Leftists, they controlled it for more than a generation, so in a situation when the pendulum swings you must take that opportunity and that is now and that is to pack that Court with Solid Right-Wing Judges not these Beta Cuck Faggot RINOs like this Kennedy one who is to retire, I have read about him and not a lot of difference between him and the Democrats.

FDR did exactly that, you're spot on Lucy.

DNC HQ today

FC17EB45-75AC-4490-A8CF-950D3F157B01.jpeg

Last edited:
Yessssssssss !!!
OMG, this week can't get any better !
The left is going to be in utter meltdown mode !!!
If only the old bag ruth would kick it

Advice is to mega stock on the big popcorn, the coming Leftists Head Exploding Festival is going to be delicious to observe.

Mitch McConnell will go full blown hypocrite if he doesn't do the same thing he did in 2016, and say it's too close to an election to appoint a new justice to SCOTUS.
Oh, but wait....That's what all you fuckers are...hypocrites.
Its not a presidential election

It's a tradition, not a law, so does not pertain to either presidential or midterm elections.

The Constitution says a majority is all that's needed. Garland didn't have a majority. Gorsuch did.

Capische?
Yes through blocking Gorsuch until the Senate and Presidency were one party, and through changing the rule to a simple majority vote, republicans have paved the way for the SC to be a group of activist judges.
Gorsuch was as much of a constitutionalist judge as you'll realistically be able find. Be honest, you want activist judges... as long as you agree with them.
Lol what I want... that’s the thing about Judges, they’re supposed to rule impartially. not the way they or I want. But that doesn’t count for the SC anymore.
Actually, it might. We'll see. The decision on the travel ban yesterday was expected and was based in law. The decision on the baker was a skillful punt of the question back to Colorado. We'll see.
Roberts will be the only hope left for impartiality. And I only say that because the office of Chief Justice seems like it’s weighed on him to vote neutrally in the past.

They are supposed to follow the constitution. I know that doesn’t help your politics but it’s their job

Well there are elections in in November and according to scumbag GOP and the Dupes, that means we should wait until after the election to support a new nomination LOL. At any rate we will never regain our status as a great leading country until Democrats control the the government again like 2 months under Obama and under LBJ...
We WILL go nuke and have a CONSERVATIVE SCOTUS pick in 60 days. And there is not a godamn thing liberals can do about it.

What is that Fury, they will go nuke what is it? Is it just a vote on party lines or is it something else?
It means that you only need a majority vote in the Senate to pass things instead of 60 with the filibuster still in place. To tell you the truth, let's do it. Then we can get stuff done for a change and would be able to see what Democrats can do for a change.
Go watch the World Cup.

Because you disagree with them.
Today’s union vote. Have you seen liberals in hysterics, calling the court fraudulent and activist judges? Nope. The SC ruled on the Muslim ban. Are liberals attacking the court and justices the way republicans have for years? Nope. I respect impartiality, not what you people are trying to do.
Kennedy is retiring. Have you seen any Loser's head explode?

Chuck Schumer's, just now on TV.

"Chuck Schumer's, just now on TV."

Hopefully his wife/husband/whatever the below thing is is not with him? His wife/husband/whatever the below thing is should never by law be allowed out in public without a bag on it's head.

Someone PMd me a picture of that Schumer's wife, see below first two pictures and I was like WTF? They did not first tell me who this picture was and so I respond who is this man in this picture? And they say no that is a woman that is Schumer's wife. I think this is why they hate to see beautiful women they are jealous, it's because their women are so repulsive and look like Transgenders and full on men, this is why Leftists post such nasty vile things about how Melania and Ivanka look, it's because the Leftist women look like Transgenders and full on men and there is nothing Feminine about them:

IWienshall.jpg

iris-weinshall-is-introduced-as-the-reappointed-commissioner-of-the-picture-id97270182

Charles Schumer and his Husband in Drag....uh put a bag over it's head already.

6tymq0n5spb01.jpg

Charles Schumer with lipstick on is more Feminine than his Husband:

chuck-schumer-gay.jpg

Chucky was proud to announce his daughter's engagement to her girlfriend.

You tremble about 2,000 ILLEGAL children being "ripped" from their mother's arms,but care nothing about the 30,000 American babies ripped from their Mother's wombs.

They aren't babies. Yet. And it's mostly poor black women who get abortions. They want them, and you don't want all the welfare-dependent children that would result and have to be kept in prisons much of their lives at taxpayers expense. Rethink this idea you have of repealing Roe vs. Wade: it will turn every woman to the left including me and continue the growth of the poor urban black population that has to be supported by drugs and taxes. It's a bad move, lose/lose.

Totally unbelievable

The liberals screwed up so bad.
Gorsuch's seat was a stolen seat. You shouldn't be so proud of yourselves. But of course, shame isn't part of the vocabulary if you support Trump.

His seat was not stolen. Enough with the lies
Don't call me a liar. McConnell had no right to do what he did. He ignored the Constitutional duties of the senate with a smirk. Dirty pol.

Then stop lying. The senate has the duty to advice and consent. They said no. Deal with it
No, they didn't, liar. They refused to do their Constitutional duty to advise and consent. They did not do their job. A No vote and I wouldn't have an issue.

Wanting gun control and upholding Roe v. Wade is entirely mainstream. Holding out for some far right turkey should have waited until you had a Republican President. Not a year before.

Just heard on ABC News radio.
/----/ Rush predicts that the Leftards will demand that Trump not name a nominee until Muller concludes his investigation on Collusion otherwise if Trump is removed from office the USSC appointee will be seen as illegitimate. AND I AGREE WITH RUSH.

The filthy Democrats can march around in their pink pussy hats and howl at the sky all they want.

The Republicans control the Senate. They control the committee and they have established the rule for a simple majority vote.

The new judge will be confirmed before the election and there ain't a damn thing the Democrat filth can do about it.

MAGA Baby!
The greedy idiot GOP billionaire scumbags thank you!

tissue?
Next the GOP Supreme Court will rule the rich don't need to pay any taxes at all LOL...

Totally unbelievable

The liberals screwed up so bad.
Gorsuch's seat was a stolen seat. You shouldn't be so proud of yourselves. But of course, shame isn't part of the vocabulary if you support Trump.

His seat was not stolen. Enough with the lies
Don't call me a liar. McConnell had no right to do what he did. He ignored the Constitutional duties of the senate with a smirk. Dirty pol.
This is just getting too easy.
In the first place we have the Dem's changing the rules to benefit the Dem's. And the when the GOP applies those same changes, they cry.
I am just laughing may ass off.
Bye bye Miss American Pie.
Drive your Chevy to the levee cause your vagina is dry.

Anthony Kennedy retiring from Supreme Court

"Justice Anthony Kennedy, a crucial swing vote on the Supreme Court, announced Wednesday he's retiring at the end of July, giving President Donald Trump another chance to fundamentally reshape the highest court in the land.

His departure could have massive effects on U.S. policy, particularly on abortion rights and gay rights nationwide. His announcement immediately raised questions about how long the court would stand by its earlier abortion rulings, including Roe v. Wade.

In a statement, the Supreme Court said the 81-year-old Kennedy will step down effective July 31. The judge called it "the greatest honor and privilege to serve our nation in the federal judiciary for 43 years, 30 of those years in the Supreme Court." Kennedy wants to spend more time with his family, even though they were content with him staying on the court
."

Wow, it's been one hell of a bad day for the Dingbats-D team.

"I need a vacation" -- Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Terminator II

Make a note guys...self-proclaimed Republicans and conservatives are rooting for a "conservative judge."

I hope I don't hear any bitching, whining and moaning when the shoe's on the other foot.

I hope I don't hear any far rightwing clap-trap about "judges aren't supposed to be partisan" a little bit down the road.

Yes. We want judges who will actually uphold the constitution and bill of rights

AZ and MO will go GOP.

Then Ruth can die (like she should) in pain (I hope) and we'll replace her with someone that makes Robert Bork look like a leftist.

I have read that President Franklin Roosevelt who was a Communist Sympathiser pack that Court with Leftists, they controlled it for more than a generation, so in a situation when the pendulum swings you must take that opportunity and that is now and that is to pack that Court with Solid Right-Wing Judges not these Beta Cuck Faggot RINOs like this Kennedy one who is to retire, I have read about him and not a lot of difference between him and the Democrats.

He tried and was rejected by his own party. His first political loss.

AZ and MO will go GOP.

The Supreme Court is supposed to be impartial and abide by the rule of law, idiots.
Post where you read that FDR did this.
You fucking idiots read a post here and just believe it if it fits your bi-assss.

Forum List

Back