Anti Gun Folks. A new phrase for you. Ghost Guns.

[

Actually idiots like you bragging that you are making home made guns give normal gun owners a bad rep.

Actually confused idiots like you give the Bill of Rights a bad name.

There is no law against making your own gun. You only have to have a serial number on a gun if you manufacture it for sale.

That is why I can buy 80% AR lower receiver blanks and legally make my own gun. It is a good hobby. You can plant your flowers for a hobby and I can build my AR-15s. I don't bitch you being a pussy and you can mind your own business about what I do.

If the gun isn't used in a crime what business is it of yours?

[

Actually idiots like you bragging that you are making home made guns give normal gun owners a bad rep.

There is no law against making your own gun. You only have to have a serial number on a gun if you manufacture it for sale.

That is why I can buy 80% AR lower receiver blanks and legally make my own gun. It is a good hobby. You can plant your flowers for a hobby and I can build my AR-15s. I don't bitch you being a pussy and you can mind your own business about what I do.

The ar15 is an obsolite piece of shit. Nothing you have ever made is properly fitted or balanced. Furthermore you have never made a gun, you assembled other made parts, much like a woman assembling a chair from ikea.

You are a brain dead clown patting yourself on the back and pretending to be a gunsmith

[Q

The ar15 is an obsolite piece of shit. Nothing you have ever made is properly fitted or balanced. Furthermore you have never made a gun, you assembled other made parts, much like a woman assembling a chair from ikea.

You are a brain dead clown patting yourself on the back and pretending to be a gunsmith

If you don't like ARs then don't buy one.

Otherwise shut the fuck up about things you know nothing about.

[Q

If you don't like ARs then don't buy one.

Otherwise shut the fuck up about things you know nothing about.
The ar15 is an obsolite piece of krap. People buying parts that are not fitted and assembling them into unbalanced guns are NRA retards

I have a half dozen "ghost guns".

AR-15 lowers made from 80% receivers. Perfectly legal.

They are no more dangerous or a threat to anybody than the the other 25 ARs that I have that were manufactured with a factory serial number.
They are more dangerous because when used they can not be traced to anything.

You also do not know the metallurgy of the parts, which means nothing to morons

But you go on babbling

The “Ghost” Guns can be assembled with parts that not only meet but exceed the minimum safe standards for the weapon from the original manufacturer. So metallurgy is not an issue. The same parts can be used to repair or upgrade an existing weapon. You can even use original parts from manufacturers.

Let’s take an AR. The part that is the “ghost” is the lower receiver. These are essentially the same for all AR type weapons. You can fit a long range accuracy upper receiver to a very inexpensive lower and it will shoot without any trouble. It fits and fires no problem. It is one of the reasons the modular design of the AR is popular. You can customize it any number of ways to suit your needs and wants.

The only thing that needs to be matched carefully is the bolt and chamber. Those need to be customized one to another. Never use another bolt in your AR. Each Bolt needs to be mated to its own rifle chamber.

People change parts all the time otherwise. A different trigger or spring to adjust the way the rifle shoots. I personally prefer a target trigger. It is very light and not suitable for combat style shooting. If you pull my trigger you will find it fires before your nail starts to turn white. This is good for longer range accuracy. It is too risky for combat style events. If I was participating in combat style events I would swap the trigger out for a less sensitive one.

In a way. Weapons are like golf clubs. Each club has something it is really good at. There is no one size fits all golf club. Just as there is no one size fits all firearm. The AR I use has a MOA setup. This means less than one MOA of variance in each shot. That is less than an inch at 100 yards. Less than five inches at five hundred and so on.

Think of it like this. Cars. There are more than a dozen brands of cars. Each brand has many different models. Each model has many different options. You can order the car you want set up the way you want to suit your needs. Everyone does not get the same car. Some get sporty cars. Others get basic cars. If you need to haul things you might get a truck. If you want to carry kids and such you might get a minivan. Or you might get a minivan and convert it to carry a stretcher for an invalided family member. Which is right?

You research the brands and models. You decide what you want based upon your own criteria. You pick the car that is right for you. People do the same with firearms.

There are others who customize the car. They put different wheels and tires on. They change components under the hood or even replace the entire engine or transmission. Some will build their car from the frame up. Nothing under the body is they way the maker put it there.

People do that with lots of things. Wardrobes. Computers. Furniture. The list is endless. Is a souped up Mustang with racing seats and a five point harness inherently less safe than a stock mustang? No. It is the way the car is driven. The souped up car may be driven like granny was behind the wheel on the streets. While the stock mustang is driven by an idiot with one point left on his license.

And just like cars, there are illegal mods. Things you can’t do to your guns. A hand cranked Gatling gun is legal. Attach your black and decker drill to the crank and it is now illegal.
Metallurgy is not an issue for you because you assemble guns made from unknown origin parts with no numbers to even sue the manufacturer when you blow part of your own head off. A competent shooter always begins with a competent weapon assembled, milled and fitted by a professional, not a fart kid bragging on the net

Two options here. Either you are studying weapons and applying the knowledge. Or you are again determined to fit the world into your own illusion. I am betting it is number two.

I say that because you obviously have no clue about the subject. More often than not the “aftermarket” parts are superior to the manufacturers parts. Better metal, finer milling. One example. Glock factory barrels are unable to fire non coated lead bullets. In other words, regular lead bullets. Not copper or otherwise jacketed. Just the lead. If you fire those in a Glock you lead the barrel, leaving a thin coat of lead on the interior surface. This will affect accuracy and functionality. You can swap out the barrel easily enough and get improved accuracy. The reason is the Glock is designed to be a combat style firearm. There is some wiggle room in the chamber. This allows dirty or corroded ammunition to be fired. It also reduces accuracy. An aftermarket barrel with traditional rifling is going to be tighter and have less wiggle room.

That gives you a more accurate weapon, and you can add a threaded barrel for a compensator. A silencer is an option if you get the ATF Tax stamp. But these barrels would technically be superior to the original barrel.

That is one small example. I won’t bother explaining what compensators do. I am sure with your long history of expertise you already know.

When your unbalanced Frankenstein gun blows up in your face, I unfortunately will not be there.

Furthermore anyone stupid enough to have this discussion on the internet is either an inbred cow from west virginia, or an fbi agent, not that there is much difference between the two

CIAO

People talk about a lot of things. I never said I build weapons. I have swapped some parts out. The takedown lever on my Glock as one example. This was to make disassembly easier. I also swapped out the sight and trigger on my Ruger revolver. Like switching out the stereo on your car it makes it better for you.

If there was a single webpage that said building your own gun was illegal you would have posted it with flourish. If there was a single reference about substandard parts I would have read it long before now.

you could learn about what you are so passionately speaking of.

[

Um. Help me out. Now you are going to speak to the balance of a weapon? Do you prefer a longer barrel or shorter? How long or heavy? Do you prefer a 30.06 or .308? Or are you one of those .338 folks?

Can you tell me anything but your fevered imaginings?

Here is an easy one. Can you name the four methods of operation for a firearm? Spin Drift? Ever heard of it before? Can you tell any of us anything about firearms that you honestly know? You lurch from objection to excuse. Countering one statement with the next.

Tell us something. Some fact. Some information that is not just opinion.

Ghost Guns are those weapons without serial numbers. No ability to track or trace the weapon. Some a made from unfinished frames in kit form. Most are imported from illegal manufacturers.

Santa Clarita shooting: Weapon used in Saugus High attack a 'ghost gun,' sheriff says

There is no way to know where the firearm came from. No way to find out if the seller was involved. Black market guns are here and have been for some time. Their numbers are increasing as more criminals turn to this route.

The more you restrict them, the more avenues will open up as it becomes more profitable for those criminals intent to break the law already.

Ghost Guns. Because the Genie just won’t fit back in the bottle.

Nuthin' new about it.

I'm fact they stole the term from the motorcycle industry, so-called "ghost bikes" were a real problem during the heyday is the custom bike industry. Knockoff Big Dogs and OCCs were all over the place.

Ghost Guns are those weapons without serial numbers. No ability to track or trace the weapon. Some a made from unfinished frames in kit form. Most are imported from illegal manufacturers.

Santa Clarita shooting: Weapon used in Saugus High attack a 'ghost gun,' sheriff says

There is no way to know where the firearm came from. No way to find out if the seller was involved. Black market guns are here and have been for some time. Their numbers are increasing as more criminals turn to this route.

The more you restrict them, the more avenues will open up as it becomes more profitable for those criminals intent to break the law already.

Ghost Guns. Because the Genie just won’t fit back in the bottle.

Yeah, and moonshine is still a thriving industry.

What a failed attempt at being cheeky. Moonshine isn't a "thriving industry" anymore because Prohibition was lifted and liquor is now legal you dumb twat.

They are more dangerous because when used they can not be traced to anything.

You also do not know the metallurgy of the parts, which means nothing to morons

But you go on babbling

The “Ghost” Guns can be assembled with parts that not only meet but exceed the minimum safe standards for the weapon from the original manufacturer. So metallurgy is not an issue. The same parts can be used to repair or upgrade an existing weapon. You can even use original parts from manufacturers.

Let’s take an AR. The part that is the “ghost” is the lower receiver. These are essentially the same for all AR type weapons. You can fit a long range accuracy upper receiver to a very inexpensive lower and it will shoot without any trouble. It fits and fires no problem. It is one of the reasons the modular design of the AR is popular. You can customize it any number of ways to suit your needs and wants.

The only thing that needs to be matched carefully is the bolt and chamber. Those need to be customized one to another. Never use another bolt in your AR. Each Bolt needs to be mated to its own rifle chamber.

People change parts all the time otherwise. A different trigger or spring to adjust the way the rifle shoots. I personally prefer a target trigger. It is very light and not suitable for combat style shooting. If you pull my trigger you will find it fires before your nail starts to turn white. This is good for longer range accuracy. It is too risky for combat style events. If I was participating in combat style events I would swap the trigger out for a less sensitive one.

In a way. Weapons are like golf clubs. Each club has something it is really good at. There is no one size fits all golf club. Just as there is no one size fits all firearm. The AR I use has a MOA setup. This means less than one MOA of variance in each shot. That is less than an inch at 100 yards. Less than five inches at five hundred and so on.

Think of it like this. Cars. There are more than a dozen brands of cars. Each brand has many different models. Each model has many different options. You can order the car you want set up the way you want to suit your needs. Everyone does not get the same car. Some get sporty cars. Others get basic cars. If you need to haul things you might get a truck. If you want to carry kids and such you might get a minivan. Or you might get a minivan and convert it to carry a stretcher for an invalided family member. Which is right?

You research the brands and models. You decide what you want based upon your own criteria. You pick the car that is right for you. People do the same with firearms.

There are others who customize the car. They put different wheels and tires on. They change components under the hood or even replace the entire engine or transmission. Some will build their car from the frame up. Nothing under the body is they way the maker put it there.

People do that with lots of things. Wardrobes. Computers. Furniture. The list is endless. Is a souped up Mustang with racing seats and a five point harness inherently less safe than a stock mustang? No. It is the way the car is driven. The souped up car may be driven like granny was behind the wheel on the streets. While the stock mustang is driven by an idiot with one point left on his license.

And just like cars, there are illegal mods. Things you can’t do to your guns. A hand cranked Gatling gun is legal. Attach your black and decker drill to the crank and it is now illegal.
Metallurgy is not an issue for you because you assemble guns made from unknown origin parts with no numbers to even sue the manufacturer when you blow part of your own head off. A competent shooter always begins with a competent weapon assembled, milled and fitted by a professional, not a fart kid bragging on the net

Two options here. Either you are studying weapons and applying the knowledge. Or you are again determined to fit the world into your own illusion. I am betting it is number two.

I say that because you obviously have no clue about the subject. More often than not the “aftermarket” parts are superior to the manufacturers parts. Better metal, finer milling. One example. Glock factory barrels are unable to fire non coated lead bullets. In other words, regular lead bullets. Not copper or otherwise jacketed. Just the lead. If you fire those in a Glock you lead the barrel, leaving a thin coat of lead on the interior surface. This will affect accuracy and functionality. You can swap out the barrel easily enough and get improved accuracy. The reason is the Glock is designed to be a combat style firearm. There is some wiggle room in the chamber. This allows dirty or corroded ammunition to be fired. It also reduces accuracy. An aftermarket barrel with traditional rifling is going to be tighter and have less wiggle room.

That gives you a more accurate weapon, and you can add a threaded barrel for a compensator. A silencer is an option if you get the ATF Tax stamp. But these barrels would technically be superior to the original barrel.

That is one small example. I won’t bother explaining what compensators do. I am sure with your long history of expertise you already know.

When your unbalanced Frankenstein gun blows up in your face, I unfortunately will not be there.

Furthermore anyone stupid enough to have this discussion on the internet is either an inbred cow from west virginia, or an fbi agent, not that there is much difference between the two

CIAO

People talk about a lot of things. I never said I build weapons. I have swapped some parts out. The takedown lever on my Glock as one example. This was to make disassembly easier. I also swapped out the sight and trigger on my Ruger revolver. Like switching out the stereo on your car it makes it better for you.

If there was a single webpage that said building your own gun was illegal you would have posted it with flourish. If there was a single reference about substandard parts I would have read it long before now.

you could learn about what you are so passionately speaking of.

I have no need or rational reason to learn about making an ar15 in my garage, nor would I ever have a weapon without a serial number in my home

But you brag on,

[

Um. Help me out. Now you are going to speak to the balance of a weapon? Do you prefer a longer barrel or shorter? How long or heavy? Do you prefer a 30.06 or .308? Or are you one of those .338 folks?

Can you tell me anything but your fevered imaginings?

Here is an easy one. Can you name the four methods of operation for a firearm? Spin Drift? Ever heard of it before? Can you tell any of us anything about firearms that you honestly know? You lurch from objection to excuse. Countering one statement with the next.

Tell us something. Some fact. Some information that is not just opinion.
The balance refers to the fit of the parts of which your piece made Frankenstein jobs are not fitted. You do know that a gunsmith fits parts and carefully mills small amounts of metal off to achieve the proper fit. Your blabbermouthing that your internet parts come fitted this way to another part that was never seen to either maker is hysterical

[

The ar15 is an obsolite piece of krap. People buying parts that are not fitted and assembling them into unbalanced guns are NRA retards

Then don't buy one. From your perspective the problem is solved, isn't it?

[

How is the problem solved when halfwitted retards are making halfwitted guns in their garage

[

The balance refers to the fit of the parts of which your piece made Frankenstein jobs are not fitted. You do know that a gunsmith fits parts and carefully mills small amounts of metal off to achieve the proper fit. Your blabbermouthing that your internet parts come fitted this way to another part that was never seen to either maker is hysterical

I have built a couple of hundred ARs.

AR barrel chamber, BCG, upper and lower receiver, trigger parts, etc are pretty much mil spec so most AR parts are interchangeable.

Of course you have some cheap manufactures (Andersen) that have sloppy tolerances that could cause problems but you usually don't have that with most suppliers of parts.

Last edited:
[

How is the problem solved when halfwitted retards are making halfwitted guns in their garage

What is with the problem with you bitching about what other people do? If you don't like ARs then don't buy them.

There are plenty of one shot hunting rifles out there that you Fudds can enjoy to your heart's content.

Elmer.gif

[

I have built a couple of hundred ARs.

AR barrel chamber, BCG, upper and lower receiver, trigger parts, etc are pretty much mil spec so most AR parts are interchangeable.

Of course you have some cheap manufactures (Andersen) that have sloppy tolerances that could cause problems but you usually don't have that with most suppliers of parts.
Wow you built a couple hundred obsolete cheap guns...….

Were any used in murders?

You do know that you are on a terrorist watch list right?

Or are you the genius who blew his own foot off

[

What is with the problem with you bitching about what other people do? If you don't like ARs then don't buy them.

There are plenty of one shot hunting rifles out there that you Fudds can enjoy to your heart's content.

Elmer.gif

Elmer Fudd has way more brains than you...…………………….

[

I do not build race cars. But I listen to those who do. I am interested enough to do that. I do not fly planes. I do listen when my neighbor who is a private pilot speaks about flying. We talk about aircraft crashes. The investigations into those fascinates me. How much can be learned and the purpose of the investigation. To find the truth.

I have never flown to the moon. I have read books and watched documentaries about it. I listen to those who do. I do that which I am interested and able to do.

I was introduced to firearms as an 8 year old boy. My Father taught me. In the Army I learned more. As a unit Armorer I learned why the firearms work. The four modes of function I mentioned in another post. I learned how to tear them down and repair them. I learned that there are things you can do and can’t do.

You are nothing like me. You do not know. In that we are the same. There are millions of things I am ignorant of. You do not want to know. In that we are very different. Ignorance is curable. You can learn. Stupidity is when you refuse to learn. I am ignorant. I want to learn. You do not want to. Worse like the rednecks of history. You deride those with the knowledge. You not only intend to remain ignorant. You insist that everyone else subscribe to your world view.

The world is not flat. We are not the center of the universe. We are microscopic motes in the scale of the universe. Guns do not work by some evil magic, but by easily understood physical laws.

[

I do not build race cars. But I listen to those who do. I am interested enough to do that. I do not fly planes. I do listen when my neighbor who is a private pilot speaks about flying. We talk about aircraft crashes. The investigations into those fascinates me. How much can be learned and the purpose of the investigation. To find the truth.

I have never flown to the moon. I have read books and watched documentaries about it. I listen to those who do. I do that which I am interested and able to do.

I was introduced to firearms as an 8 year old boy. My Father taught me. In the Army I learned more. As a unit Armorer I learned why the firearms work. The four modes of function I mentioned in another post. I learned how to tear them down and repair them. I learned that there are things you can do and can’t do.

You are nothing like me. You do not know. In that we are the same. There are millions of things I am ignorant of. You do not want to know. In that we are very different. Ignorance is curable. You can learn. Stupidity is when you refuse to learn. I am ignorant. I want to learn. You do not want to. Worse like the rednecks of history. You deride those with the knowledge. You not only intend to remain ignorant. You insist that everyone else subscribe to your world view.

The world is not flat. We are not the center of the universe. We are microscopic motes in the scale of the universe. Guns do not work by some evil magic, but by easily understood physical laws.

If you did not learn why weapons have serial numbers in the Army you are retarded which is why you were in the Army in the first place

America does not need brain dead fools making guns in their garages

Or are you saying that guns and cars are equal

Forum List

Back