Anti-Islam ads on NYC buses. Whose side are you on?

your statement remains NONSENSE------Your knowledge of the facts of the GEOGRAPHY and DEMOGRAPHICS of sudan-----simply makes you a person who knows the
geography and demographics of sudan. -----and nothing more.

I can't see how you would be able to create good policy or engage in informed opinion generation about issues pertaining to the region if you don't understand the basic history, politics, demographics, and geography of said region.

A pathologist can know every detail of the anatomy of a human being -----and be unable to do a history and physical exam or make a diagnosis.

I'm pretty sure that I would want ANYONE making a medical diagnosis of me to be familiar with the basics of the human body. Your attempted metaphor doesn't really work.

In India----Christians and Muslims function as if they are separate ETHNIC GROUPS

No they don't.

---------in Morocco----jews and muslims used to function as if they were separate ethnic groups. In the town in which I grew up in the USA------jews and protestants functioned as if they were separate ethnic groups.

I'm starting to think that you don't know what an ethnic group even is.

In fact the metaphor works quite well------Michelangelo
did a whole bunch of dissections of dead bodies and
did an excellent study of gross and fine anatomy----but he knew nothing about diagnosis-------he was well versed in
the making of tempura.---and used it well. I am not sure that the knew the circulatory system as described by GALEN -------as well as Galen knew the anatomy of the vessels-----HARVEY beat him on the subject. I have known neuropathologists who knew nothing about psychiatric maladies------they knew everything that there is to know about anatomy ----both gross and fine. They simply had no experience with LIVING NUTS
[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the point here Rosie. Just because someone knows gross and fine anatamy doesn't mean they can diagnose a disease, but a doctor should have a good knowledge of fine and gross anatamy in order to diagnose a disease. It's part of the necessary background. Likewise when talking about regional conflicts.

rosie>>>
In India----Christians and Muslims function as if they are separate ETHNIC GROUPS

Ossie>>>
No they don't.

rosie>>>>
you got lots of friends from Mumbai, Ossie? I do

You got lots of friends from New Dehli? West Bengal?
I do

your statement remains NONSENSE------Your knowledge of the facts of the GEOGRAPHY and DEMOGRAPHICS of sudan-----simply makes you a person who knows the

I can't see how you would be able to create good policy or engage in informed opinion generation about issues pertaining to the region if you don't understand the basic history, politics, demographics, and geography of said region.

A pathologist can know every detail of the anatomy of a human being -----and be unable to do a history and physical exam or make a diagnosis.

I'm pretty sure that I would want ANYONE making a medical diagnosis of me to be familiar with the basics of the human body. Your attempted metaphor doesn't really work.

No they don't.

---------in Morocco----jews and muslims used to function as if they were separate ethnic groups. In the town in which I grew up in the USA------jews and protestants functioned as if they were separate ethnic groups.

I am starting to think that you failed sociology 101
As to geography and the particulars of demographics----
and OPINION on a genocide and enslavement of children
under the filth of shariah------nope---I don't really need
GEOGRAPHY ---or even the specific NAMES of the various ethnic groups------I am FAMILIAR enough with enslavement of non muslims-------my own mother-in-law escaped the FILTH YOU LICK

All this tells me is that you aren't interested in either accuracy or in conversation.

In fact the metaphor works quite well------Michelangelo
did a whole bunch of dissections of dead bodies and
did an excellent study of gross and fine anatomy----but he knew nothing about diagnosis-------he was well versed in
the making of tempura.---and used it well. I am not sure that the knew the circulatory system as described by GALEN -------as well as Galen knew the anatomy of the vessels-----HARVEY beat him on the subject. I have known neuropathologists who knew nothing about psychiatric maladies------they knew everything that there is to know about anatomy ----both gross and fine. They simply had no experience with LIVING NUTS

I think you missed the point here Rosie. Just because someone knows gross and fine anatamy doesn't mean they can diagnose a disease, but a doctor should have a good knowledge of fine and gross anatamy in order to diagnose a disease. It's part of the necessary background. Likewise when talking about regional conflicts.[/QUOTE]

Nope----lots of very fine general practitioners know very little about fine anatomy---------lots know very little about neuroanatomy

No they don't.

GEOGRAPHY ---or even the specific NAMES of the various ethnic groups------I am FAMILIAR enough with enslavement of non muslims-------my own mother-in-law escaped the FILTH YOU LICK

All this tells me is that you aren't interested in either accuracy or in conversation.

I am very interested in -----HONESTY------your claim that unless someone knows the GEOGRAPHY of sudan----they cannot express an opinion on the genocide committed there is OBSCENE

rosie>>>

Ossie>>>
No they don't.

rosie>>>>
you got lots of friends from Mumbai, Ossie? I do

You got lots of friends from New Dehli? West Bengal?
I do

I do actually yes, So you should know that West Bengal Muslim "immigrants" are viewed quite differently than say, Muslims living in Uttar Pradesh. In fact, if what you said were true and Muslims in the area all viewed themselves as a single group then Bangladesh wouldn't be its own country, it would still be East Pakistan. The simple fact that it isn't proves you wrong.

No they don't.

I am very interested in -----HONESTY------your claim that unless someone knows the GEOGRAPHY of sudan----they cannot express an opinion on the genocide committed there is OBSCENE

No. He didn't say that. He said: "I can't see how you would be able to create good policy or engage in informed opinion generation about issues pertaining to the region if you don't understand the basic history, politics, demographics, and geography of said region."

Nope----lots of very fine general practitioners know very little about fine anatomy

If they don't know basic anatomy then they shouldn't be general practitioners at all, and they certainly won't be my general practitioner. Luckily I happen to know that this is another area where you are speaking incorrectly on, coming from a family of doctors and nurses myself.

No they don't.

No. He didn't say that. He said: "I can't see how you would be able to create good policy or engage in informed opinion generation about issues pertaining to the region if you don't understand the basic history, politics, demographics, and geography of said region."

the poster he addressed did not claim to be eligible to be the PRESIDENT OF SUDAN -----he simply expressed some opinion. His commet is cynical and denigrating as in
"how can a fat slob like you, comment on BALLET" ???

No they don't.

I'm suggesting that he can't form a very robust opinion on the genocide there because he doesn't even know the major players involved in the genocide, or even what country it is taking place in, or anything about their politics or religious /social beliefs.

These are basic things.

No they don't.

the poster he addressed did not claim to be eligible to be the PRESIDENT OF SUDAN -----he simply expressed some opinion. His commet is cynical and denigrating as in

He claims to be an expert on "Islamification" and cited Sudanese topics as part of proof of his expertise, only to get the basics of Sudanese conflict completely wrong. That is what I am calling him on. I'm really not sure why you are having a hard time following this.

Nope----lots of very fine general practitioners know very little about fine anatomy

If they don't know basic anatomy then they shouldn't be general practitioners at all, and they certainly won't be my general practitioner. Luckily I happen to know that this is another area where you are speaking incorrectly on, coming from a family of doctors and nurses myself.

I did not mention BASIC ANATOMY------I referred to the DETAILS OF GROSS AND FINE ANATOMY----details----lots and lots of details in the the STUDY OF ANATOMY-----so you are from a medical background------tell me the location of the LOCUS COERULEUS -----well---go right ahead in google. tell me its function and clinical significance... well ---you can google

I did not mention BASIC ANATOMY------I referred to the DETAILS OF GROSS AND FINE ANATOMY----details----lots and lots of details in the the STUDY OF ANATOMY-----so you are from a medical background------tell me the location of the LOCUS COERULEUS -----well---go right ahead in google. tell me its function and clinical significance... well ---you can google

What I am talking about him knowing is the intellectual equivalent of a general practitioner knowing basic anatomy. So once again your metaphor is pretty paltry.

He claims to be an expert on "Islamification" and cited Sudanese topics as part of proof of his expertise, only to get the basics of Sudanese conflict completely wrong. That is what I am calling him on. I'm really not sure why you are having a hard time following this.

Islamification is a BIG SUBJECT of which sudan is a very very tiny drop in the bucket So you decided the specifics of the geography of SUDAN is a vital issue?

What I am talking about him knowing is the intellectual equivalent of a general practitioner knowing basic anatomy. So once again your metaphor is pretty paltry.

how "basic" ? two arms---left and right???-------

Islamification is a BIG SUBJECT of which sudan is a very very tiny drop in the bucket So you decided the specifics of the geography of SUDAN is a vital issue?

He was the one who used Sudanic topics as proof of of his expertise, not me. They came straight off of his list of subjects.

how "basic" ? two arms---left and right???-------
Basic as in being able to tell South Sudan and Sudan apart from each other and basic as in knowing the general players involved in the genocide he wants to talk about. You can't really get much more basic on the topic. We are talking about high school level general knowledge here.

Forum List

Back