Anti-PC people making a mistake on the Duck Dynasty story

When you see people violating the rules, flag them. Otherwise, the mods dont' know it's happening. It's the only way to train the trolls to keep to the topic.

"The issue is a matter of right and wrong. Ethics and morality. The right of people, who are not treading on the rights of others, to their thoughts, ideas, opinions, and convictions"

Exactly. Mr. Robinson had every right to have his opinions without being maliciously liabled because of them.

Ha, not according to those who are out to change this nation as fast and as furious as they can now. So those rights, freedoms or liberties we all have enjoyed here for so long now, well they are now null and void according to the PC police, and they think that they control everything now in this nation.

Funny thing is, is that they have even duped big business, the government, and they have even taken over Holywood almost totally. After all that they have convinced these powers into doing their bidding for them, where as even they (all of those who are being attacked by these extremist/radicals gone wild by their proxies) have since become pawns in this little game of theirs, in which is being run by those who are now known as the PC crowd and their PC police.

What I find crazy is that Phil couldn't just say "I prefer vaginas". That's what this is all about. He was just saying he preferred pussy.

Frankly I found it refreshing as a woman. I'm not going down easy that we hit the point where a man of mine has to go "well I love my wife's pussy but out of political correctness I guess I could love a guys ass"

THAT IS JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN IN MY WORLD. This will not happen.

this summed it all up for me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-u_uT3YS-Uk]Mellisa Harris Perry's Panel Shows Bigotry, Not the Robertsons - YouTube[/ame]

What I find crazy is that Phil couldn't just say "I prefer vaginas". That's what this is all about. He was just saying he preferred pussy.

Frankly I found it refreshing as a woman. I'm not going down easy that we hit the point where a man of mine has to go "well I love my wife's pussy but out of political correctness I guess I could love a guys ass"

Nobody stopped him from saying it. Here, I'll start:

I prefer Vaginas. In fact, I love them.

Look, no one stopped me, either.

just their parents.

True.

There’s nothing stopping anyone from saying anything he wishes, hence the myth of ‘political correctness.’

True.

There’s nothing stopping anyone from saying anything he wishes, hence the myth of ‘political correctness.’
These are not the droids your looking for tactic? How fucking stupid do you honestly think people are? PC Myth? Tell that to Phil who was attacked by that Myth as well as Paula Deen.

EAnd they said that he should have been fired BECAUSE he used HATE SPEECH...and the hate speech they said he used was SCRIPTURAL.

In other words, they pushed for the words of the bible to be deemed *illegal*.

That's where we come up against religious liberty. It's not what actually happened...it's what people SAID happened, and what they believed happened, and what they thought should happen.

Bullshit. He was not quoting scripture, nor was he using words found in the Bible. You haven't even read the article to know exactly what it was he said. You're just using this as an excuse to rant about religion and free speech. If you had bothered to read the article, you wouldn't be frothing at the mouth over his quotes.

EAnd they said that he should have been fired BECAUSE he used HATE SPEECH...and the hate speech they said he used was SCRIPTURAL.

That's where we come up against religious liberty. It's not what actually happened...it's what people SAID happened, and what they believed happened, and what they thought should happen.

Bullshit. He was not quoting scripture, nor was he using words found in the Bible. You haven't even read the article to know exactly what it was he said. You're just using this as an excuse to rant about religion and free speech. If you had bothered to read the article, you wouldn't be frothing at the mouth over his quotes.
Hey dummy your post shows that your the one that didn't read the article.

True.

These are not the droids your looking for tactic? How fucking stupid do you honestly think people are? PC Myth? Tell that to Phil who was attacked by that Myth as well as Paula Deen.
The%2Brock%2Bapplause.gif

[

He was making a statement about all sexual sin.

Boo hoo for everyone. Their favorite depravity is a sin. Too bad, they should take it up with God, since God is the one who's going to judge them for it. Phil just stated a truth about the nature of sexual sin.

If by some cosmic horror I ever had to meet your evil fucking Sky Pixie, I wouldn't ask him about why he had such sexual hangups.

The first thing I'd ask him is why he let my mom die a horrible, agonizing death from Cancer when she was a devout follower and the whole parish was praying for her to get better.

That's what I'd ask the fucker.

Thankfully, he doesn't exist, so that conversation isn't going to ever take place.

You do not have a right to not be offended if someone else disagrees with your thoughts, ideas, opinions, convictions and beliefs.

Yeah, you do. If someone says that blacks shouldn't have equal rights to whites, I have the right to be offended. If someone says that women should be married off when they're 15 or 16, because by the time they're 20, it's too late, I have the right to be offended. And if one of my employees were to say this in a public forum, where my largely customers were able to read his comments, I have the right to fire him.

No you don't. You can be offended but you have NO right to that.
Point to what law that grants YOU that right.

Back to reality here:
1. No one forced Robertson to do anything and no one silenced him and no one violated ANY of his rights.
That was Myth #1.
2. A & E can do whatever they want to as this has never been and never will be a free speech issue.
3. Just like I said Robertson is back at work. A & E never fired him
4. This is not and never has been anything to do with violating religious rights of anyone
5. Robertson can say what he wants to, always has, no one has ever stopped him and no one ever will. Accordingly, all this Christian victim nonsense is for show only.
6. Robertson has every right to claim homosexuality is the same as beastiality and his uninformed followers can believe what they want.
7. Duck Dynasty has every right to fabricate their TV show all they want to as most everything in the show is staged. Everyone knows that anyway so the Robertson family did nothing wrong playing make believe with their lives.
8. People can use religious beliefs in any way they want to without having to prove they are true. Happens all the time, this is Exhibit A of that.
9. People do not have religious freedom to say what they want to and seek protections from government for actions taken by the employers of those people. No where in the law is that in any shape or fashion.
10. People can and are disciplined for any speech, religious included, and employers have and should be able to do so and keep that right.

Everything else here is just nonsense made up from internet chit chat.

I agree with you on all but point six. He didn't say that beastialty was the same as homosexuality unless you mean that he identified them both as sins. If that is what you mean, then it would seem you are not representing the situation fairly.

A sin is just a moral error. To get perspective, let's take it out of the realm of the religious to remove any potential bias. Most atheists would probably agree that spitting your gum on the sidewalk is a moral error. Most atheists would also agree that cutting of your baby's head, scooping out the innards and using the baby head as a handbag would also be a moral error. However if an atheist held that both these things were morally wrong, nobody reasonable would say that the atheist believes spitting gum on the ground is the same as using a baby head as a handbag. Such a statement is misleading at best in this context, and it is equally misleading when applied to Phil Roberson's statements.

Sin has NO merit ANYWHERE in the law or the rights of any citizen.

Exactly.

No, he was not fired or even truly suspended. Therefore his rights weren't violated.

HOWEVER there were a LOT of people screaming that he should be, and that A&E had the right to do so.

Which of course would have been true discrimination.

And they said that he should have been fired BECAUSE he used HATE SPEECH...and the hate speech they said he used was SCRIPTURAL.

People "Screaming" is discrimination?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"The issue is a matter of right and wrong. Ethics and morality. The right of people, who are not treading on the rights of others, to their thoughts, ideas, opinions, and convictions"

Exactly. Mr. Robinson had every right have his opinions without being maliciously liabled because of them.

LOL, this is hilarious!
Where was anyone "liabled"?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who stopped him from saying "I prefer vaginas"?
Where is that person that stopped him?
They do not exist.
How are you so easily manipulated and conned?

Exactly.

No, he was not fired or even truly suspended. Therefore his rights weren't violated.

HOWEVER there were a LOT of people screaming that he should be, and that A&E had the right to do so.

And they said that he should have been fired BECAUSE he used HATE SPEECH...and the hate speech they said he used was SCRIPTURAL.

Uh, no, if he was fired for quoting scripture and answering questions about his faith in an interview, that would be discrimination.

But it didn't happen.

But there are a lot of people who thought it should have. and IF it had, that would have been discrimination.

Capice?

Exactly.

Uh, no, if he was fired for quoting scripture and answering questions about his faith in an interview, that would be discrimination.

But it didn't happen.

But there are a lot of people who thought it should have. and IF it had, that would have been discrimination.

Capice?

Wrong 100%.
The 1st Amendment protects YOU from the GOVERNMENT limiting your religious speech
NOT YOUR EMPLOYER.
Come back next time when you have an understanding of The Constitution.
Because as of now you are 100% ignorant of it.

Forum List

Back