Anti Second / Levi Strauss & Co. comes out for gun control

:lmao:

You want to distinguish between "company" and "business" to slither out of this? Based on what, whether they "make" something?

This just in --- any company or business can be engaged in either a product or a service. Entertainment could be considered either; in the abstract it's certainly spoken of as a product.

NFL (MLB, etc) are profit-making ventures: "businesses" a/k/a "companies" as that's how they're structured. If little Timmy sells lemonade on the street he's operating a business, not a company, but long before you get to the level of NFL you're a "company" as well.

Now on to Thing Two -- "it doesn't promote military, it recognizes them"

Inasmuch as there is no -- Zero --- none --- relationship between a jingo war-song exercise and a football game, there is nothing to "recognize". It's something that was NEVER PRESENT until NFL plunked it in there. And it does that and similar exercises for profit ... profit taken from your tax dollars Bubba. Profit dictated there by the same MIC war machine that generates the wars that follow.

So the answer stands --- NFL is a ready example of a company (or "businesss") that is "all ra ra [sic] pro-military". It can't be denied especially when it's injecting paid advertising into a theater where thousands of people gathered, NONE of whom came to see Jingo Jangles.
they're not promoting military, they are thanking them with honoring their efforts. that isn't promoting. sorry fella.

What the fuck does 'the military' have to do with a fucking sports event?

Hm?

IN WHAT WAY did 'the military' make that sports event possible? Hm? How does a massive robotic singing of "Jingo Balls, Jingo Balls, Jingo all the way" affect how the ball travels or how points are scored? Hm? If you played a football (baseball, whatever) game without a national anthem, would it not count?

Hm?

Tell ya what Sprinkles --- go to some war-torn country engaged in civil war where which nation is in control of a particular area is not at all settled ---- and you'll find sports going on. Because it's a diversion from all that shit.

So the example STANDS, whether you're personally butthurt about what the answer is, or not.
Everything. If it wasn't for a military there'd be no sports.

Explain.

Explain how people were playing baseball during the Civil War. Explain how all those football, baseball, etc games took place before Jingo Balls started being played in front of them, the first instance of which (baseball) was sometime after the 1918 World Series. Did all those games before that just ----- not happen? Did all those NFL games before it started running out the same puppet show just ---- not happen? HOW were they able to do it?
:ack-1::ack-1: you really can't be this naive. my first inclination is to just fking laugh at you. but since there are rules here, let me explain it to you. many things in this world would be soooo much different had the civil war been won by the south. SOOOOOOOOO MANY THINGS. you really can't be that stupid.

The war of 1812 as well. any war in fact. name one and had it turned out differently you may not even be on this message board. you really can't be that fking naive. People sacrificed for your dumb ass.

I didn't even bring up the Civil War or any other war except as a time marker.

Wassamatta? Can't handle the question? Again that question was: Explain how people were playing baseball during the Civil War. Explain how all those football, baseball, etc games took place before Jingo Balls started being played in front of them, the first instance of which (baseball) was sometime after the 1918 World Series. Did all those games before that just ----- not happen? Did all those NFL games before it started running out the same puppet show just ---- not happen? HOW were they able to do it?

Cue crickets.

they're not promoting military, they are thanking them with honoring their efforts. that isn't promoting. sorry fella.

What the fuck does 'the military' have to do with a fucking sports event?

Hm?

IN WHAT WAY did 'the military' make that sports event possible? Hm? How does a massive robotic singing of "Jingo Balls, Jingo Balls, Jingo all the way" affect how the ball travels or how points are scored? Hm? If you played a football (baseball, whatever) game without a national anthem, would it not count?

Hm?

Tell ya what Sprinkles --- go to some war-torn country engaged in civil war where which nation is in control of a particular area is not at all settled ---- and you'll find sports going on. Because it's a diversion from all that shit.

So the example STANDS, whether you're personally butthurt about what the answer is, or not.
Everything. If it wasn't for a military there'd be no sports.

Explain.

Explain how people were playing baseball during the Civil War. Explain how all those football, baseball, etc games took place before Jingo Balls started being played in front of them, the first instance of which (baseball) was sometime after the 1918 World Series. Did all those games before that just ----- not happen? Did all those NFL games before it started running out the same puppet show just ---- not happen? HOW were they able to do it?
:ack-1::ack-1: you really can't be this naive. my first inclination is to just fking laugh at you. but since there are rules here, let me explain it to you. many things in this world would be soooo much different had the civil war been won by the south. SOOOOOOOOO MANY THINGS. you really can't be that stupid.

The war of 1812 as well. any war in fact. name one and had it turned out differently you may not even be on this message board. you really can't be that fking naive. People sacrificed for your dumb ass.

I didn't even bring up the Civil War or any other war except as a time marker.

Wassamatta? Can't handle the question? Again that question was: Explain how people were playing baseball during the Civil War. Explain how all those football, baseball, etc games took place before Jingo Balls started being played in front of them, the first instance of which (baseball) was sometime after the 1918 World Series. Did all those games before that just ----- not happen? Did all those NFL games before it started running out the same puppet show just ---- not happen? HOW were they able to do it?

Cue crickets.
you brought up the civil war I gave you an answer to the civil war. you don't like my answer cause it didn't fit your template you were trying to forge out. too bad. again, you got nothing. always have nothing. the most you've ever had is your moniker that's it.

Are businesses that enter the political forum suicidal these days? I don't care what side of the aisle they publicly back; its going to affect the company's bottom line and usually in a negative way.

Levi Strauss teams up with gun control group: ‘We simply cannot stand by silently’
So are all the cowboys and bikers and shit gonna burn their 501s?
Wrangler is most likely going to benefit.
and I will now be buying them instead. I should buy stock in wrangler.

Guess I am going to have to buy Wranglers or Lee, or something from Buckle now.
I can't believe these idiots in charge don't think there is an alternative to their brand. they don't want my money, fk man, they won't get it. or any fking business out there that wishes to get political. Like the nfl. don't watch anymore, nor do I buy any merchandise. I don't frequent target either and they have better prices.

I can't believe these idiots in charge don't think there is an alternative to their brand. they don't want my money, fk man, they won't get it. or any fking business out there that wishes to get political. Like the nfl. don't watch anymore, nor do I buy any merchandise.
Nike is now having issues after their latest idiotic statements.

Know what these companies have in common?

They use slave labor in Asian Nations to make their overpriced products. To me, you are not an American company if you do not employ Americans in this country.

Screw Em.

Nike Stock Plunges After Tapping Kaepernick as 'Just Do It' Campaign Poster Boy

I suspect Levi is just trying to get a bigger share of the youth market. They used to have the whole enchilada and now they are a bit player. Sort of a crass marketing ploy. Who wears more jeans? Conservatives or liberals. Kids or thirty somethings, forty something, etc. I am amazed that so many companies are injecting politics into their sales strategies. This is based on what? The nfl? Hello reality
/----/ I read an article that said women are not buying jeans and have moved on to Yoga pants. And no I don't have a link.

I can't believe these idiots in charge don't think there is an alternative to their brand. they don't want my money, fk man, they won't get it. or any fking business out there that wishes to get political. Like the nfl. don't watch anymore, nor do I buy any merchandise.

They use slave labor in Asian Nations to make their overpriced products. To me, you are not an American company if you do not employ Americans in this country.

Screw Em.

they're greedy, the price of their products with the slave labor for lining their pockets and these stupid fking leftists now love em. can't make this up.

I suspect Levi is just trying to get a bigger share of the youth market. They used to have the whole enchilada and now they are a bit player. Sort of a crass marketing ploy. Who wears more jeans? Conservatives or liberals. Kids or thirty somethings, forty something, etc. I am amazed that so many companies are injecting politics into their sales strategies. This is based on what? The nfl? Hello reality
/----/ I read an article that said women are not buying jeans and have moved on to Yoga pants. And no I don't have a link.
even my own wife is now wearing those tight ass pants. I love it, gives my imagination a lot to think about always.

even my own wife is now wearing those tight ass pants. I love it, gives my imagination a lot to think about always.
/----/ WOWZA
iu

damn, tight jeans ain't got nothing on these new pants women are wearing. thanks ladies.

BTW, I love women too.

Screw Em.

they're greedy, the price of their products with the slave labor for lining their pockets and these stupid fking leftists now love em. can't make this up.
Essentially that was THE BILL CLINTON ECONOMY. Screw The AMERICAN WORKER, and produce slave made products overseas and take advantage of the shitty trade agreements we had in place, just for that purpose just to increase their profit margins at the expense of our manufacturing base and our work force.

damn, tight jeans ain't got nothing on these new pants women are wearing. thanks ladies.
/----/ be careful what you wish for........
iu

Screw Em.

Essentially that was THE BILL CLINTON ECONOMY. Screw The AMERICAN WORKER, and produce slave made products overseas and take advantage of the shitty trade agreements we had in place, just for that purpose just to increase their profit margins at the expense of our manufacturing base and our work force.
it happened to my own company. I was pissed, manufacturing moved to guadalajara, mehico.

Forum List

Back