Antifa Communism Rejected in Spain

To Europeans Republicanism is anti-Monarchy, it means something different to what Americans consider Republicanism.

Leftists openly admire Communist Dictators, such as Nicolas Maduro who is destroying Venezuela, also when Fidel Castro died the Leftists mega admiration was epic.

No, republicanism has the same meaning in the US.

This country exists because "republicans" fought against a monarch, and created a Republic.

And as for your "whataboutism", you are welcome to search my posts to find a single one where I "openly admired" a Communist dictator.

I already found one where you openly admired a fascist one.

Okay then about Republicanism in America also.

I refer to Leftists in general openly admire Communist Dictators.

Well, here's the thing - you're not talking to "leftists in general".

You're talking to me. I am not responsible for what others on the left believe. I am only responsible for what I believe - just as you are only responsible for what you believe.

We are discussing our beliefs - yours, and mine - not the beliefs of vaguely defined unnamed groups.

All these people are long dead Franco, Pinochet, Videla, so I don't know why all the excitement we are in 2017 we do not live in the past. Some people want to live in the past of course but that is not my problem, I live in today and tomorrow.

Ok, well - right here, today - you praised a fascist dictator as a "GREAT man".

Why are you now taking issue with the fact that I'm trying to discuss a post you made less than half an hour ago?

If someone praised for example Genghis Khan would there be the same excitement? No.

What about if someone posted a thread praising Lenin or Trotsky or Stalin or Lavrentiy Beria? Would there be the same excitement? No.

Why are you now taking issue with the fact that I'm trying to discuss a post you made less than half an hour ago?
Doc, it takes a strong man, a dictator if you will, to deal with an other dictatorship. You do remember that communism is the dictatorship of the proletariat, don't you?

Doc, it takes a strong man, a dictator if you will, to deal with an other dictatorship. You do remember that communism is the dictatorship of the proletariat, don't you?

You know that the opponents of Franco were called "republicans", right?

They weren't fighting for a "dictatorship", they were fighting against one.

No, republicanism has the same meaning in the US.

This country exists because "republicans" fought against a monarch, and created a Republic.

And as for your "whataboutism", you are welcome to search my posts to find a single one where I "openly admired" a Communist dictator.

I already found one where you openly admired a fascist one.

You're talking to me. I am not responsible for what others on the left believe. I am only responsible for what I believe - just as you are only responsible for what you believe.

We are discussing our beliefs - yours, and mine - not the beliefs of vaguely defined unnamed groups.

All these people are long dead Franco, Pinochet, Videla, so I don't know why all the excitement we are in 2017 we do not live in the past. Some people want to live in the past of course but that is not my problem, I live in today and tomorrow.

If someone praised for example Genghis Khan would there be the same excitement? No.

What about if someone posted a thread praising Lenin or Trotsky or Stalin or Lavrentiy Beria? Would there be the same excitement? No.

Of course there would be the same excitement - except it would be coming from you guys.

If I started a thread in which I declared my love for Stalin, it would go on for pages.

Yes I did but he's been dead for decades.

I'm not taking an issue, I'm saying why all the excitement about someone who has been dead for decades? I do not exist in the past, I exist in today and tomorrow.

:lol:

You just spend pages trying to pin the atrocities of Stalin on me and "leftists".

How exactly is that "existing in today"?

You just praised a fascist dictator as a "GREAT man", today. If you don't think about the past, why the fuck would you volunteer that today?

Well I posted that as a reaction to you making the comments about Franco, Leftists in general have no problem with Stalin or any Communist atrocities either they think the atrocities were justified or they deflect to downplay them.

I posted what I did today because you brought Franco into this thread with your first comment, so you made the thread about Franco.

I'm not taking an issue, I'm saying why all the excitement about someone who has been dead for decades? I do not exist in the past, I exist in today and tomorrow.

You just spend pages trying to pin the atrocities of Stalin on me and "leftists".

You just praised a fascist dictator as a "GREAT man", today. If you don't think about the past, why the fuck would you volunteer that today?

Well I posted that as a reaction to you making the comments about Franco, Leftists in general have no problem with Stalin or any Communist atrocities either they think the atrocities were justified or they deflect to downplay them.

Well, that's proven to be a false statement. I'm a "leftist", and I have many problems with Stalin and Communist atrocities.

You, on the other hand, do not seem to have any issues with fascist atrocities.

You can keep attempting to deflect to these imaginary "leftists", but I'm talking specifically about you.

You don't get to avoid responsibility for your own statements, because a hypothetical group of people in your mind have done the same thing.

Of course there would be the same excitement - except it would be coming from you guys.

If I started a thread in which I declared my love for Stalin, it would go on for pages.

You should start that thread Doc, if only because for days the forum has not had any excitement, I think you might even get 3,000 posts in your thread :smoke:

You should start that thread Doc, if only because for days the forum has not had any excitement, I think you might even get 3,000 posts in your thread :smoke:

But I don't have any love for Stalin. He murdered as many of my family members as Hitler did.

Well, that's proven to be a false statement. I'm a "leftist", and I have many problems with Stalin and Communist atrocities.

You can keep attempting to deflect to these imaginary "leftists", but I'm talking specifically about you.

You don't get to avoid responsibility for your own statements, because a hypothetical group of people in your mind have done the same thing.

Not that I have avoided responsibility with my Franco, Pinochet and Videla comment I have not taken my comment back have I?

Not that I have avoided responsibility with my Franco, Pinochet and Videla comment I have not taken my comment back have I?

No, you haven't taken them back.

You've just tried desperately to deflect to something else whenever you support for fascists is challenged.

"Whataboutism" isn't "taking responsibility", it's avoiding it.

But I don't have any love for Stalin. He murdered as many of my family members as Hitler did.

I was only joking about you making that thread, which is why I put the :smoke: in my post.

Yet they understood that a temporary dictatorship was necessary to eradicate the permanent communist dictatorship.

Yet they understood that a temporary dictatorship was necessary to eradicate the permanent communist dictatorship.

Who did?

Who is this "they" you speak of?

I assure you, the anarchists fighting Franco were not planning on installing a "temporary dictatorship".

You've just tried desperately to deflect to something else whenever you support for fascists is challenged.

You said that Franco killed millions, I posted that they were Communists which they were, Spain would have fallen to Communism just like Argentina and Chile would have if not for Pinochet and Videla. I did not deflect from my original comment which is that anyone who prevents their nation from falling to Communism is great and to be admired.

Who did?

I assure you, the anarchists fighting Franco were not planning on installing a "temporary dictatorship".
Doc, follow the chain. You said "They weren't fighting for dictatorship..." I replied "yet THEY understood..."
They are the same "they" you were referring to. Are we good now?

Who did?

Doc, follow the chain. You said "They weren't fighting for dictatorship..." I replied "yet THEY understood..."

So you're claiming that all of the republicans fighting Franco were trying to install a Communist dictatorship?

Do you have anything to back up that asinine claim?

As I said before, I have family members who fought with the International Brigades. I assure you, they weren't fighting to install a dictator - any more than my other family members who fought Hitler were.

You said that Franco killed millions, I posted that they were Communists which they were, Spain would have fallen to Communism just like Argentina and Chile would have if not for Pinochet and Videla. I did not deflect from my original comment which is that anyone who prevents their nation from falling to Communism is great and to be admired.

It's interesting how easy it is for you to dehumanize a million people, just because you disagree with their politics.

"Oh, he killed a million people - but that's ok, they disagreed with him politically."

It's interesting how easy it is for you to dehumanize a million people, just because you disagree with their politics.

"Oh, he killed a million people - but that's ok, they disagreed with him politically."

Not that I did that.

Not that I did that.

Yes, that's exactly what you did.

Who did?

So you're claiming that all of the republicans fighting Franco were trying to install a Communist dictatorship?

Do you have anything to back up that asinine claim?

As I said before, I have family members who fought with the International Brigades. I assure you, they weren't fighting to install a dictator - any more than my other family members who fought Hitler were.
No Doc, You are either spinning it or we are not on the same page on this. I understood when you said "they" you meant the republicans weren't fighting for dictatorship. Maybe you referred to the hodgepodge brigades fighting on the communist side?

Forum List

Back