Any student missing school tomorrow longer than 10 minutes will be marked absent

Let's see. Perfect attendance, or join a protest that might help save their lives in the long run. Gee, they both seem so important.
The chance of being shot by a mass shooter ANYWHERE is so minuscule as to be insignificant.

The parents of the kids who were killed in the recent Florida school shooting would argue that point with you.

Ain't it great! Freedom of expression...
They are willing dupes of Russia. They should be given an F for the semester.
Get real you fink...Russia has not a damn thing to do with kids being fed up with being killed attending school and want action and assurance from their peers.. You know, the ones that are suppose to be looking out for their well being????

Let's see. Perfect attendance, or join a protest that might help save their lives in the long run. Gee, they both seem so important.
Virtue signaling bullshit . Flunk them all.

Flunk them all for not being march in step robots? Sometimes rules need to be broken. I'm hoping this generation of youngsters will become even more active or this country is lost.

^^^ Label them absent when they are only ten minutes late.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
When they're marked absent, maybe the little twerps will realize they don't own the place.
If they show up at all, they are to be labeled late, not absent, especially if they are only ten minutes late.

^^^ Label them absent when they are only ten minutes late.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
So you think that teachers should waste valuable class time redoing the attendance record over and over to accommodate people who think it's okay to wander in whenever, or not at all, as they please? At what point do they actually get to make a determination that the little snot isn't going to show up and move on with their work?

I hate to break it to you, but this is already the policy in most schools I'm aware of. The teacher takes attendance, the attendance form goes to the office, they're officially absent for that period, the parents get a call, end of discussion.

It's called "teaching responsibility". We used to consider that a good thing.
Sometimes kids end up being late due to reasons that are beyond their control. My school bus was late a few times getting to my house and so me and everyone else who took that bus were late getting to school. Should those who are in that position be marked absent? In my opinion, if a kid shows up at all, they should be labeled late and not absent because there is a difference.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

P.S. I was late coming into work one day because I had to make an unplanned trip to the hospital so that I could see a family member one last time who ended up passing on later that day. Was I labeled absent or even in any trouble at all for being late? No.

If they show up more than ten minutes late, they're supposed to go to the office and notify the staff there and get a note giving permission for them to enter class. I believe this policy that's being discussed is actually that the office staff will be counting it as an unexcused absence in all cases over ten minutes.

You are correct that sometimes problems do happen. That is what telephones are for. I certainly call my boss if I'm going to be late to work more than five minutes, and if I took my children to public school, I would call the school if we were running more than five minutes late. I would bet that, if the parent made that call, the school would NOT count the child absent for that day, protest day or not.

The problem that you're forgetting here is that the school is dealing with children playing hookey for political purposes, which is a whole 'nother thing from getting a flat tire or something.

`
My daughters high school (private) is allowing the walk-out. No penalties.
`

Good to know you're getting your educational money's worth. Myself, I don't want my children being taught to blow off responsibility whenever they feel like it. I guess that'll be convenient when your kids are looking for gardening and housekeeping jobs.

The chance of being shot by a mass shooter ANYWHERE is so minuscule as to be insignificant.

The parents of the kids who were killed in the recent Florida school shooting would argue that point with you.

It's a terrible thing when someone gets hit by lightning, but it doesn't require that everyone walk around staring at the sky.

You be sure and tell those parents that the deaths of their children were insignificant.Idiot.
To the parent it as not but the numbers don't lie the chance of being killed by a mass shooter are so small as to be insignificant yet you would deny a fundamental right protected by the US Constitution.

Maybe so, RGS, but I am glad the kids are getting involved and shaking somethings up.

I hope you are feeling better.

Forum List

Back