Anyone feel that earthquake?

I woke up this morning with my dresser mirror hitting the wall and the whole house shaking. Weird stuff.

5.6 magnitude earthquake rattles Oklahoma, surrounding states Saturday

An earthquake that may have tied the biggest one in state history to date has rattled across Oklahoma and several surrounding states Saturday morning.

Preliminary reports are that the quake was 5.6 magnitude, the U.S. Geological Survey reports. That would tie the state's biggest quake in history, a 5.6 magnitude quake near Prague in 2011.

The quake Saturday was at 7:02 a.m. and the epicenter was 8 miles northwest of Pawnee in Pawnee County in northern Oklahoma near the Arkansas River, the U.S. Geological Survey reports.

Sorry, I was visiting but also doing a colon cleanse, far too much gas buildup and I had to let loose. I've already contacted the USGS and apologized. :dunno:

You woke me up! :mad:
Hey, if I'm awake everyone needs to be awake!!!!!!

I don't think that's fair at all.

I woke up this morning with my dresser mirror hitting the wall and the whole house shaking. Weird stuff.

An earthquake that may have tied the biggest one in state history to date has rattled across Oklahoma and several surrounding states Saturday morning.

Preliminary reports are that the quake was 5.6 magnitude, the U.S. Geological Survey reports. That would tie the state's biggest quake in history, a 5.6 magnitude quake near Prague in 2011.

The quake Saturday was at 7:02 a.m. and the epicenter was 8 miles northwest of Pawnee in Pawnee County in northern Oklahoma near the Arkansas River, the U.S. Geological Survey reports.

Sorry, I was visiting but also doing a colon cleanse, far too much gas buildup and I had to let loose. I've already contacted the USGS and apologized. :dunno:

You woke me up! :mad:
Hey, if I'm awake everyone needs to be awake!!!!!!

I don't think that's fair at all.
I'm the king.......

No, I have two neighbors that said they did, but I didn't.

I feel left out

I'm from the West Coast, PNW area. We have earthquakes on a regular basis, but not as bad as in California. Usually, in the PNW, they don't do much damage. There was a 7.0 earthquake near Olympia, Wa in 1949 that caused milllions of $ of damage and 8 deaths. In 1965 a 6.7 caused millions of $ of damage and 3 people were killed. In 1945 and 1946 there were 7.3 earthquakes in the PNW with 2 deaths in 1946. There was a 6.8 in 2001.

Seattle Tacoma Area, Washington has had: (M1.5 or greater)
  • 0 earthquakes today
  • 1 earthquake in the past 7 days
  • 6 earthquakes in the past month
  • 70 earthquakes in the past year
The largest earthquake in Seattle Tacoma Area, Washington:
I grew up with them and they are fairly common, but not usually very big.

A 7.3 would be scary!
The two I remember most were in the 1990s. One was in the evening one winter when I was in my living room watching TV. Everything was very tranquil. Then the earthquake hit and my dog and cat jumped down from where they were sleeping and ran into the center of the room in a panic...destroying the idea that animals always sense these things in advance.
stock-vector-cat-panic-43873024.jpg

The other was during the day when I was at work alone in my office and it was strong and long, so I crawled under my desk to wait it out. I didn't like being alone during that one.

I'm from the West Coast, PNW area. We have earthquakes on a regular basis, but not as bad as in California. Usually, in the PNW, they don't do much damage. There was a 7.0 earthquake near Olympia, Wa in 1949 that caused milllions of $ of damage and 8 deaths. In 1965 a 6.7 caused millions of $ of damage and 3 people were killed. In 1945 and 1946 there were 7.3 earthquakes in the PNW with 2 deaths in 1946. There was a 6.8 in 2001.

Seattle Tacoma Area, Washington has had: (M1.5 or greater)
  • 0 earthquakes today
  • 1 earthquake in the past 7 days
  • 6 earthquakes in the past month
  • 70 earthquakes in the past year
The largest earthquake in Seattle Tacoma Area, Washington:
I grew up with them and they are fairly common, but not usually very big.

Yes, I've been around for the 65 & 01 earthquakes. We have had others, but barely noticeable. I'd say 36 years between biggies isn't bad.

When I lived in Taiwan (1971-72) we had earthquakes all the time, the island is located on the junction of two tectonic plates.

reg_fig1.jpg

We were in a huge store when the 2011 earthquake hit in Virginia, watching the concrete floor ripple, products falling off the shelves, ceiling tiles coming down and people screaming and running for the bank of glass doors in the front...... Wrong......
The wife and I just calmly watched it all unfold knowing there was no way we could make it safely out of the building if it decided to collapse.

Fracking earthquakes!!

I live in California you'd have to ask which quake.

Whichever, it is St. Andreas' fault.

Unless of course you find way to blame Bush.
We have small quakes 24 -7
Earthquakes are one of the few potentially distructive forces that can't be blamed on the right.

I feel small tremors every time the freight trains go by the building in which I live.
Never understood why people would live that close to a a moving 20 ton object.

Forum List

Back