Anyone going to celebrate MLK Day?

I think most people understand the guy was a total fraud...........even Jackie Kennedy came out and said it---and she was no conservative.

The myth of MLK was crammed down peoples throats by the powers that be. Even most black people will tell you in person that he was a hypocrite.

Irregardless...............................Martin Luther King Jr. - A Historical Examination: The REAL truth about Martin Luther King Jr.

Jacqueline Kennedy's Feelings on Martin Luther King Jr. Revealed in New Audio Tapes - ABC News

I'm as anti-leftist un-PC as they come, but I don't understand the vitriol. He may not have been the best husband or father, but MLK saved a lot of lives. Had he not been the flagship for the civil rights movement with his Gandhi pacifist approach, there would have been a lot more violence along the way.

I did not like Mandela because he advocated violence, so I have no interest in hypocrisy by not giving MLK props for denouncing violence. That said, I do not think there should be a national holiday, but that's not his fault.

I too used to think poorly of Mandela, however, after speaking with soldiers who fought the ANC, and who later were part of his security detail, I have been transformed.

Mandela advocated "controlled" violence. He was scrupulous in ensuring that no people were harmed in his attacks. he attacked buildings and other symbols of power, but he never, ever, harmed another human being. That speaks volumes to me and the men on his security detail (who were hardcore SADF operatives) were vocal in their support of him.

They despised his wife, and disliked the ANC, but Nelson they all supported.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I think most people understand the guy was a total fraud...........even Jackie Kennedy came out and said it---and she was no conservative.

The myth of MLK was crammed down peoples throats by the powers that be. Even most black people will tell you in person that he was a hypocrite.

Irregardless...............................Martin Luther King Jr. - A Historical Examination: The REAL truth about Martin Luther King Jr.

Jacqueline Kennedy's Feelings on Martin Luther King Jr. Revealed in New Audio Tapes - ABC News

I'm as anti-leftist un-PC as they come, but I don't understand the vitriol. He may not have been the best husband or father, but MLK saved a lot of lives. Had he not been the flagship for the civil rights movement with his Gandhi pacifist approach, there would have been a lot more violence along the way.

I did not like Mandela because he advocated violence, so I have no interest in hypocrisy by not giving MLK props for denouncing violence. That said, I do not think there should be a national holiday, but that's not his fault.

I too used to think poorly of Mandela, however, after speaking with soldiers who fought the ANC, and who later were part of his security detail, I have been transformed.

Mandela advocated "controlled" violence. He was scrupulous in ensuring that no people were harmed in his attacks. he attacked buildings and other symbols of power, but he never, ever, harmed another human being. That speaks volumes to me and the men on his security detail (who were hardcore SADF operatives) were vocal in their support of him.

Thanks westwall, I wasn't aware of that. I appreciate the additional information, and you're right, that makes a difference.

His words were good, but he was not what he has been portrayed to be. He was a womanizer, a thief, and got rich out of race baiting.

We should focus on his words, not his deeds.

The problem with that being he was a well known plagiarizer....his supposed woids were not his but someone else's and he never gave credit......he even plagiarized his doctoral thesis and it was known but he was allowed to get away with it....no suprise there.

Martin Luther King's Plagiarism

Ok, then he was a good orator-----------kinda like the current president.

I fear I am ill equipped to celebrate, I don't have the necessary supplies. Off to the "stoe" to get "sum" 40's and a pack of Black and Mild's. Uh, ..... Wouldn't it be selling out the legacy of Dr. King if I actually paid for them though? ... ... ... But I don't want to steal merchandise, ... ... ... perhaps there is a middle ground? ... .. ... *SNAP*, I GOT IT! Do you know anyone with an EBT card? Gotta keep the legacy alive yo!

I fear I am ill equipped to celebrate, I don't have the necessary supplies. Off to the "stoe" to get "sum" 40's and a pack of Black and Mild's. Uh, ..... Wouldn't it be selling out the legacy of Dr. King if I actually paid for them though? ... ... ... But I don't want to steal merchandise, ... ... ... perhaps there is a middle ground? ... .. ... *SNAP*, I GOT IT! Do you know anyone with an EBT card? Gotta keep the legacy alive yo!

LOL, was king an illegal hispanic? I think you are mixing accents, still funny though.

LOL, was king an illegal hispanic? I think you are mixing accents, still funny though.

WHATT!!! You don't remember "Yo MTV Raps?" Man I'm getting old.

Yomtvraps.jpg

Last edited:
How are we supposed to celebrate MLK JR day? Best way to remember the man is to live the good principles he taught.

How are we supposed to celebrate MLK JR day? Best way to remember the man is to live the good principles he taught.

How? dance in the streets with "hate whitey" signs and then go shoot up your neighborhood and smoke some crack.

MLK would be sick at what the black community in this country has become.

WHATT!!! You don't remember "Yo MTV Raps?" Man I'm getting old.

Yomtvraps.jpg

"yo" is hispanic in origin. happy Kwanzaa :lol:

If it wasn't for JFK, Martin Luther King or Abe Lincoln, who could politicians say that they admire? Themselves?

thats not quite accurate but I see your point...

Your blindness precedes you.
It is beyond reproach to try to give you guidance to see the neutrality of my statement in regards to politics.

It is remarkable the total hypocrisy when reading some of the post. Outraged at someone that professed to being against hatred and bigotry.
The same people that are spouting all their anger and outrage against MLK and his message will put on their best faces and dress themselves up and go to their house of worship and profess to follow the teaching of a Messiah.
How ridiculous you all are.
You try to hide your ignorance and hatred in so many different colors.
:lol:

And you have the intolerant left preaching tolerance. There's a lot of it out there.

We should all be shunning Martin Luther King's birthday today and instead celebrating a great mans birthday in the name of Robert E. Lee.

Why not both?

Is someone stopping you from doing that?
There is nothing to celebrate MLK about. He was no good.

To you....go ahead and celebrat Robert E Lee.

The difference between me and you. You dont want me to celebrate something because you say so.

I say celebrate what you want too.

Republican tolerance on display

Forum List

Back