Anyone Guessing It's Going To Be A 50/50 Vote, Then Pence Needs To Step In?

I don’t think that will happen I think Murkowski, Collins and Flake along with Democrats Manchin and Heitkamp will vote yes. They will put on a show and act like it was a really tough decision for them but they will do it this is based on the FBI finding no big bombshell which I don’t think they will.
Corker said last night 55 yeses.

I personally think if any Democrat wants to show they are a FAIR and HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY PERSON, the vote should be 60-40 for Kavanaugh after The FBI report comes out.

I say 60-40 when it should be 100-0 because at least 20 of the DemNazi Senators are just pure EVIL and just don't give a fuck about American values like truth or justice.

Kavanaugh has shown his ass in ways no other nominee ever has. He'll be lucky to get the full support of Repubs.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: This is what it looks like for now, If Manchin says says, and two red state Dem's also say yes, that should take us to 50/50, and thats assuming Moo Cowski and Collins vote no.
Is the suspense killing anyone yet?

:CryingCow:

If anything it should show just how flawed a candidate Kavanaugh is. He can't hardly get a simple majority.
If there were still the filibuster rule, kavanaugh would have been gone a long time ago.
But you cant ever tell us how flawed he is, can you?

I just did, fool.

Obviously he's flawed if it's not clear there is even a simple majority.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: This is what it looks like for now, If Manchin says says, and two red state Dem's also say yes, that should take us to 50/50, and thats assuming Moo Cowski and Collins vote no.

If anything it should show just how flawed a candidate Kavanaugh is. He can't hardly get a simple majority.
If there were still the filibuster rule, kavanaugh would have been gone a long time ago.
Say Thank You Harry Reid.

Reid didn't do it. Mcconnell did.

That has nothing to do with Kavanaugh being a flawed candidate. It has everything to do with partisan politics and the democrat resistance to the SCOTUS swinging conservative.

Obviously it does if Republican votes aren't certain. You don't need a single dem.

That has nothing to do with Kavanaugh being a flawed candidate. It has everything to do with partisan politics and the democrat resistance to the SCOTUS swinging conservative.

Obviously it does if Republican votes aren't certain. You don't need a single dem.
No problem for Rs when millions of Liberals are threatening to burn their homes to the ground.

So yes, you brought it upon yourselves.

It's difficult to get a simple majority when half the members are enemies of the United States opposed to him by default. Ah well.

I personally think if any Democrat wants to show they are a FAIR and HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY PERSON, the vote should be 60-40 for Kavanaugh after The FBI report comes out.

I say 60-40 when it should be 100-0 because at least 20 of the DemNazi Senators are just pure EVIL and just don't give a fuck about American values like truth or justice.
i think that anyone who votes no are going to be viciously trashed forever !!!

I don’t think that will happen I think Murkowski, Collins and Flake along with Democrats Manchin and Heitkamp will vote yes. They will put on a show and act like it was a really tough decision for them but they will do it this is based on the FBI finding no big bombshell which I don’t think they will.
According to hasty polls done last week, over half of Maine wants Collins to vote no. If she were a confirmed yes she would not be staging this hesitancy. Something is up with her. I don't know what.

Would she be staging this hesitancy if she were a confirmed NO? If what you say is true about half of Maine wanting a YES vote and the other half wanting a NO vote, then I think you'd have to assume she's just waiting for the FBI Report to come out so she has some political cover to vote YES. Or NO if something damaging surfaces in the report against Kavanaugh. Or she's waiting for further developments that could shift her vote one way or the other. Probably the same thing with the other Senators who are on the fence. Hard for me to believe all 3 Repubs will go against their party, Flake might cuz he's retiring but the other two would be in serious trouble in their own party if they vote no. Then there's a few Senate Dems who are running tight races in Trump states, what are the odds they lose their re-election bid if they vote NO?

One other thought, when you have this kind of power that those 3 Repub Senators have, if not beyond the realm of possibility that they're using it against McConnell to get some concession of some kind. I vote for Kavanaugh and you give me this and that kind of thing. Not saying that's the case cuz I haven't heard the 1st whisper about anything like this, just that it's not out of the question.
Is there ANY possibility whatsoever that they are doing what is right?

While the key senators -- which includes Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Jeff Flake of Arizona -- aren't dictating the terms of the investigation (that responsibility resides with the White House), their role as undecided votes who will determine whether Kavanaugh is the next Supreme Court justice has been crucial, senators and aides say. The three were responsible for pushing Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley to ask the White House for the inquiry to begin with -- a move McConnell made clear he opposed.
And their efforts to ensure the FBI hasn't been unnecessarily hemmed in as they do their work continued through last weekend.
The senators have been in consultation with the White House about the scope of the investigation and were instrumental in the decision on the original list of four individuals the FBI would interview -- a list that didn't include Ford or Kavanaugh. Since then, all have made clear that the FBI should be free to follow any new leads, but to this point haven't asked the FBI to sit down with Ford or Kavanaugh.

FBI investigation expands but Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford have not yet been interviewed - CNNPolitics

So you think Flake will cave?

So you think Flake will cave?
well, its more like when he needs to vote...i wonder how they do the votes? all at once, or one at a time

According to hasty polls done last week, over half of Maine wants Collins to vote no. If she were a confirmed yes she would not be staging this hesitancy. Something is up with her. I don't know what.

Would she be staging this hesitancy if she were a confirmed NO? If what you say is true about half of Maine wanting a YES vote and the other half wanting a NO vote, then I think you'd have to assume she's just waiting for the FBI Report to come out so she has some political cover to vote YES. Or NO if something damaging surfaces in the report against Kavanaugh. Or she's waiting for further developments that could shift her vote one way or the other. Probably the same thing with the other Senators who are on the fence. Hard for me to believe all 3 Repubs will go against their party, Flake might cuz he's retiring but the other two would be in serious trouble in their own party if they vote no. Then there's a few Senate Dems who are running tight races in Trump states, what are the odds they lose their re-election bid if they vote NO?

One other thought, when you have this kind of power that those 3 Repub Senators have, if not beyond the realm of possibility that they're using it against McConnell to get some concession of some kind. I vote for Kavanaugh and you give me this and that kind of thing. Not saying that's the case cuz I haven't heard the 1st whisper about anything like this, just that it's not out of the question.
Is there ANY possibility whatsoever that they are doing what is right?

While the key senators -- which includes Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Jeff Flake of Arizona -- aren't dictating the terms of the investigation (that responsibility resides with the White House), their role as undecided votes who will determine whether Kavanaugh is the next Supreme Court justice has been crucial, senators and aides say. The three were responsible for pushing Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley to ask the White House for the inquiry to begin with -- a move McConnell made clear he opposed.
And their efforts to ensure the FBI hasn't been unnecessarily hemmed in as they do their work continued through last weekend.
The senators have been in consultation with the White House about the scope of the investigation and were instrumental in the decision on the original list of four individuals the FBI would interview -- a list that didn't include Ford or Kavanaugh. Since then, all have made clear that the FBI should be free to follow any new leads, but to this point haven't asked the FBI to sit down with Ford or Kavanaugh.

FBI investigation expands but Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford have not yet been interviewed - CNNPolitics

Ok, first of all, I don't like to judge anyone else's actions as right or not right, and there's a lot to consider here beyond what happens to Kavanaugh and Ford. It could be that Flake and the other two are trying to give some political cover to a few on the other side who might vote YES if the FBI Report comes back clean. Which I'm pretty sure it will; if somebody's story changes then it does not bode well for their credibility, y'know? So I won't say there's no chance that what they're doing is not right, but it sure looks to me like we've left the pursuit of the truth behind and are now engaged in purely political moves. Perhaps with the best intentions, but so far it hasn't worked out that way; things seem just as nasty as they were a week ago, the NOs are still NOs and the YESes are still YESes and there's not a whole lot of Kumbayas going on anywhere.

Which doesn't mean that this effort to get the FBI to do a quick investigation was a bad thing at all. If attitudes don't change, they did try something to present the opportunity to be less combative and if it doesn't work then at least the choice was there for those opposed or on the fence to say well, if the FBI found nothing to substantiate Ford's story and the Senate investigators couldn't either, then I got no choice but to accept the fact that in this country we do not presume guilt with nothing to support that conclusion, either in a court of law or anywhere else.

Last edited:

I worry that some Democrat is going to figure out if he votes yea that he can beat a Repub and knocks out a new guy

Forum List

Back