Anyone here into metal detecting?

Yeah, we see people on the beach all the time with them. Talked to a couple that have said theyā€™ve found jewelry.

Iā€™m on the fence with buying a new one, Intolerant.
Minelab Etrac.
Thats a nice looking detector. :)
Once you buy youā€™re equipment. Youā€™re pretty set for a long time. That is unless you want to upgrade to the newest and greatest. Iā€™m a coin hunter. Iā€™ve found silver dollars half dimes. Iā€™ll post some pictures of my finds one day. Itā€™s good exercise. Youā€™ll enjoy it.

Yeah, we see people on the beach all the time with them. Talked to a couple that have said theyā€™ve found jewelry.
Beaches are often profitable. Itā€™s amazing how careless some people can be.

Iā€™m on the fence with buying a new one, Intolerant.
Minelab Etrac.
Thats a nice looking detector. :)
Once you buy youā€™re equipment. Youā€™re pretty set for a long time. That is unless you want to upgrade to the newest and greatest. Iā€™m a coin hunter. Iā€™ve found silver dollars half dimes. Iā€™ll post some pictures of my finds one day. Itā€™s good exercise. Youā€™ll enjoy it.
Iā€™d love to see the pics!

I already have a lot of $ invested into this hobby I have little time for.
I thought about buying new equipment before the GF suggested I take a closer look at what I already have.

Last edited:
After coming across this vid....

....Iā€™m now thinking about pulling out an old Garrett Grand Master Hunter lll I havenā€™t used in years.

Prometheus Shrugged

Use the neutrino as a combination Geiger Counter and GPS. We will be able to map all the minerals and hydrocarbon resources below the Earth's surface. Or don't. Because of insults and ingratitude, High IQs owe human parasites nothing.

We can also set the BS aside and talk about the hobby....

Worth watching. She is cute.

....Iā€™m now thinking about pulling out an old Garrett Grand Master Hunter lll I havenā€™t used in years.

Prometheus Shrugged

Use the neutrino as a combination Geiger Counter and GPS. We will be able to map all the minerals and hydrocarbon resources below the Earth's surface. Or don't. Because of insults and ingratitude, High IQs owe human parasites nothing.

Worth watching. She is cute.

Indeed. :)

My neighbor was into metal detecting and went with him a few times. His metal detectorswere waterproof and we searched the beaches in the water. Found a lot of nice stuff.My neighbor's friend was in the water at South Beach and found a Rolex Presidential in about waist deepwater. Unfortunetly my neighbor moved and have not done any metal detecting since he left. I have to admit it was fun

My neighbor was into metal detecting and went with him a few times. His metal detectorswere waterproof and we searched the beaches in the water. Found a lot of nice stuff.My neighbor's friend was in the water at South Beach and found a Rolex Presidential in about waist deepwater. Unfortunetly my neighbor moved and have not done any metal detecting since he left. I have to admit it was fun
Looks like itā€™s time for you to do what you enjoy without your neighbors help.

True, but also when homes are destroyed in storms, or even boats go down, jewelry can be claimed by the sea on islands or right near the coastlines. North of us, where a shp with gold coins went down periodically one has been found on shore that has washed up from a 1700ā€™s ship.

Prometheus Shrugged

A Thread Is Not a Tightrope

If you say so. Only your huge ego gives you the privilege of limiting the topic to tiny junk.

Looks like itā€™s time for you to do what you enjoy without your neighbors help.
Been thinking about that. no a high priority at the moment though

We use to use the metal detectors at the beach in the water up to waist deep.
Lots of rings,sunglasses and earrings. You would think people would know better than to jump in that water with all that on.

Yep, and just for the reason of attracting sharks, if nothing else. They are attracted to the glittering of jewelry.
Lots of rings,sunglasses and earrings. You would think people would know better than to jump in that water with all that on.

Yep, and just for the reason of attracting sharks, if nothing else. They are attracted to the glittering of jewelry.

Barracudas love shinny things too

Forum List

Back