Anyone here reload?

The people I am referring to consider themselves patriotic conservatives. I've know most for at least 20 years. They say the law is wrong. I'll keep track of party affiliation when I drive by their houses.
Why?

Every time the clip is empty.

Magazine

Powder seems to becoming more common. One big ammo dealer last week in Cincinnati gun show had numerous 8 pound kegs of Hodgon TITE GROUP (great stuff for 9mm) for sale Got a keg for 145 (out the door) which pretty decent these days

I hope you are correct. While I already have a good stash, the old adage of "you never have enough" rings true, and thus am always looking for more.

I'm set for life on brass and primers (don't ask) but powder is a different thing.....

damn I should have stocked up then but I was probably under age then!

If only we knew then.....

What's the modern price of reloading components? I was shocked at gun show prices a couple of weeks ago.

current prices I have paid

8 pounds to TITE GROUP (general pistol powder I use in 9mm)

145 dollars

1000 small pistol primers-26.50

1000 lead 125 grain lead bullets for 9mm 64

cost to load 1000 rounds of lead bullet 9mm

9 dollars of powered, 26.50 in primers, 64 dollars of bullets (I get the brass free)

about 100 dollars a thousand

10 dollars a hundred

I reload.
9mm
6.5x284
ar15
and the tricky one is 7.5x28

Hardest part about reloading now is finding varget powder for the AR and accurate for the FNL 7.5x28
60 grain bullets for the ar are hard to come by also

I reload.
9mm
6.5x284
ar15

Hardest part about reloading now is finding varget powder for the AR and accurate for the FNL 7.5x28

my local range had a ton of Varget but its gone now. They got me 16 pounds of Tite Group at a decent 19 bucks a pound but a big commercial loader sold me another 8 pounds for 17 a pound which is pretty damn good these days

fortunately I still have 16 pounds of clays which I use for 45 and 38 short colt and 10 pounds of green dot I use for international 12 g trap loads and 20 g skeet loads

I reload.
9mm
6.5x284
ar15

I'm going to be reloading my AR 15 cases today for the first time. Finally got the dies and powder etc. I'll let you know how it goes for me.

I reload.
9mm
6.5x284
ar15

So I made 300 rounds of 223! I actually had about 500 spent cases but quickly found that many were unusable due to a ridge in the priming pocket that made it too small. Wtf?

It costs me $1.10 every time I pull the trigger on my 30-06, and $1.33 every time I pull the trigger on my 44 Magnum.

I'm looking into reloading my own. Anyone do that already?
yes. I buy my projectiles at widners usually. the cost is around 18 cents. figure 3 cents for a primer, i forget the cost of the powder but i know our loaded cost was in the 40 cent range. its very easy to do. for pistol and even some of our .223 we mold our projectiles as well. the 44 is ideal to mold your own.

Hello, Pred. Yes I do reload and it's easier than you might think. I have three Lee single stage reloaders which reloads 9mm, .38 specials, .45 ACP, 10mm, .45 long colt,and .44 magnum. I have never reloaded a rifle cartridge, but the principle would remain the same. Buy a .44 magnum and 30-06 kit at your favorite gun dealer. Full instructions will be included.

I chose three manual reloaders as opposed to the progressive (no political references) because I wanted more control over the whole process. You may want to use the prog. press...that's up to you. Just be sure to calibrate the amount of powder you load into each shell casing. That step is (by far) the most critical.

Here is a video from YouTube explaining the process of reloading a 30-06. Good luck on your reloading...it's fun and rewarding.

I've noticed that none of the sites online that I get ammo from sell gunpowder or primers. I guess I have to buy them separately at the gun store right?

Widener s Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

AIM Surplus

Welcome to RotoMetals Inc - Non Ferrous Metals and Custom Alloys Call Toll Free 1-800-779-1102

I usually buy my powder at a gun show to avoid the hazmat fees.

Forum List

Back