Anyone into crossbows?

I want a crossbow for several reasons.
One it's quiet,two it's deadly and three I can retrieve my bolts,assuming they dont get fucked up when I shoot em.
In other words it's a great SHTF weapon. And it's fun to shoot.
I would like to have one of the new air guns that'll drop a deer but without canned air it becomes kinda useless
They also can be charged with hand pumps.

Yeah they can but have you ever seen what it takes to do so?
I own several PCPs. And I started off with a hand pump. So, not only have I seen. I have done. Many, many times. Sure pumping by hand gets old, but it’ll get you started. A Yong Heng compressor is relatively cheap, and then you can stow the hand pump as a back up.
20221225_000701.jpg

Last edited:
I own several PCPs. And I started off with a hand pump. So, not only have I seen. I have done. Many, many times. Sure pumping by hand gets old, but it’ll get you started. A Yong Heng compressor is relatively cheap, and then you can stow the hand pump as a back up.
View attachment 741908

I already have a high pressure pump that works on the up and downstroke for 120 psi bike tires.
But the problem is they wear out. In a SHTF situation I dont want to have to rely on a pump.

I already have a high pressure pump that works on the up and downstroke for 120 psi bike tires.
But the problem is they wear out. In a SHTF situation I dont want to have to rely on a pump.
A bicycle pump will never do. These PCP guns/airbows require pumps that are capable of psis much higher. Like 3500 psi.
20221225_002932.jpg

I only offered up the air bow idea because many folks may not have heard of them. That, and someone mentioned a bad shoulder. So... There are other options for those who may be interested. A person can have their electric Yong Heng compressor at home for sighting in, and casual plinking. Then charge the airbow, and go hunting. Throw the hand pump in your ruck if you think your gonna get more than two, or three shots.

I only offered up the air bow idea because many folks may not have heard of them. That, and someone mentioned a bad shoulder. So... There are other options for those who may be interested. A person can have their electric Yong Heng compressor at home for sighting in, and casual plinking. Then charge the airbow, and go hunting. Throw the hand pump in your ruck if you think your gonna get more than two, or three shots.

Oh I've heard of them and like I said I considered getting one.
For my intended use it won't work.

Forum List

Back