Anyone part of a Facebook class action lawsuit?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
So the state of Illinois sued Facebook for "Biometric" information gathering without user consent. A class action lawsuit that any Facebook user in Illinois could sign up has been paying people the past couple weeks. I got a deposit in PayPal today for $397.00

"This amount represents your total payment in the In re Facebook Biometric Information Privacy Litigation Settlement. This payment is the Settlement Benefit to which you are entitled for the eligible claim in accordance with the settlement that has been approved by the Court. If you have any questions about potential tax issues, we recommend that you consult a professional tax consultant. Neither Class Counsel, Defense Counsel nor the staff at the Claims Administrator can provide you with any tax advice. If you have any questions regarding your Settlement Benefit, please visit the settlement website at…."

Cool. So each state needs to do the same thing, unless there is something unique about what FB did with Illinois FB users.

So the state of Illinois sued Facebook for "Biometric" information gathering without user consent. A class action lawsuit that any Facebook user in Illinois could sign up has been paying people the past couple weeks. I got a deposit in PayPal today for $397.00

"This amount represents your total payment in the In re Facebook Biometric Information Privacy Litigation Settlement. This payment is the Settlement Benefit to which you are entitled for the eligible claim in accordance with the settlement that has been approved by the Court. If you have any questions about potential tax issues, we recommend that you consult a professional tax consultant. Neither Class Counsel, Defense Counsel nor the staff at the Claims Administrator can provide you with any tax advice. If you have any questions regarding your Settlement Benefit, please visit the settlement website at…."
Imagine what you Smart Phone is doing.

Cool. So each state needs to do the same thing, unless there is something unique about what FB did with Illinois FB users.
I agree. The reason I got my amount is because most FB users in Illinois never joined the lawsuit, even though they were notified of it….. on Facebook. More litigants, less payout. Works for me.

Forum List

Back