Anyone Remember This Oprah Quote That old White People Have to Die?

roflmao, the context shows she was talking about the older generations of white people she thinks are racist, dumbass.

BTW, ever figure out how to get the video audio to work (you gotta click that icon thingy)

You are back on ignore, but thank you for reminding me why I had you there.
Oprah must have been talking about Koreans or Sri Lankans, not white people.

:laugh:

After the OP wants to morph somebody's words into one she didn't say, here's a fellow traveller trying to morph her whole subject. :wtf:

Actually she wasn't even talking about ANY race or ethnicity, sorry to disappoint whatever obsession you have. She was talking about a generation. You know, the same generation we continually hear on this site DID die off rather than turned from Democrat to Republican. THAT generation.

Hate to break this to y'all but not everything anyone says is about race, even if you wish it were.
You can go as obtuse as you want. I know how the game is played.

She was talking about a generation of Americans with a certain skin color.

You can pretend whatever you'd like, I'm enjoying watching this.

Fine, then you go ahead and show the class where she mentions a skin color.

Oughta be a challenge for your degree of illiteracy given that you can't even tell one poster's name from the next.
DUMBASS.
Deflect/pivot/attack, standard Regressive behavior. Good.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: Perhaps you're so blinded by your ideology that you can no longer see what is obvious.

Let's pretend she was talking about the older generation of Koreans and Sri Lankans, shall we?

Let's acknowledge that while speaking of a generation she didn't qualify it by race or ethnicity, since that is after all the fact, and that the obsession with such is yours, and that the OP plugged one in where none existed because he's too damn stupid to see the difference between a reliable source and Nosebook. K?

Don't sit here and try to bullshit me when I already know better.

I POSTED THE ACTUAL TRANSCRIPT, DUMBASS. There's no "white" in there ANYWHERE.

Other posters put up links to the same transcript. YOU LOSE.

You must be made of Concentrated Stoopid.

roflmao, the context shows she was talking about the older generations of white people she thinks are racist, dumbass.

BTW, ever figure out how to get the video audio to work (you gotta click that icon thingy)

After the OP wants to morph somebody's words into one she didn't say, here's a fellow traveller trying to morph her whole subject. :wtf:

Actually she wasn't even talking about ANY race or ethnicity, sorry to disappoint whatever obsession you have. She was talking about a generation. You know, the same generation we continually hear on this site DID die off rather than turned from Democrat to Republican. THAT generation.

Hate to break this to y'all but not everything anyone says is about race, even if you wish it were.

Oughta be a challenge for your degree of illiteracy given that you can't even tell one poster's name from the next.
DUMBASS.
Who was she talking about that just had to die off?

I had forgotten all about it til a friend posted it on FB.

What chance she would have in a campaign for POTUS I dont know since she would be spending half of her day every day of the campaign trying to explain away this stupid assertion of hers.

This is worse than Trump spitting on our POWs and mocking a handicapped person?

DUMBASS.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: Perhaps you're so blinded by your ideology that you can no longer see what is obvious.

Let's pretend she was talking about the older generation of Koreans and Sri Lankans, shall we?

Let's acknowledge that while speaking of a generation she didn't qualify it by race or ethnicity, since that is after all the fact, and that the obsession with such is yours, and that the OP plugged one in where none existed because he's too damn stupid to see the difference between a reliable source and Nosebook. K?
That's correct, she did not specify race. And an honest adult would agree that she was almost certainly inferring white Americans, so the OP's assumption is perfectly valid. Every bit as valid as those made on other issues by people on the other side of the political spectrum.

Since I don't expect honesty from you, I remain willing to pretend she was talking about Koreans and Sri Lankans. I'll stand by.

DUMBASS.

she must've been talking about whites because she is racist--and she can't be racist against blacks

DUMBASS.

A generation that grew up with an older set of racial values.

The context was a discussion of the status and development of race relations, what has improved and what still needs to improve. In other words when that generation (those generations) who've been raised and instilled with those values dies off, the mentality dies off with them.

Whether that's a valid theory or not that's what the statement was.

DUMBASS.

The context was a discussion of the status and development of race relations, what has improved and what still needs to improve. In other words when that generation (those generations) who've been raised and instilled with those values dies off, the mentality dies off with them.

Valid theories might have something to do with her self-awareness. She must think racism was born and will die with a single generation.

Doesn't sound like Oprah has much going on upstairs.

DUMBASS.

That's correct, she did not specify race. And an honest adult would agree that she was almost certainly inferring white Americans, so the OP's assumption is perfectly valid. Every bit as valid as those made on other issues by people on the other side of the political spectrum.

Since I don't expect honesty from you, I remain willing to pretend she was talking about Koreans and Sri Lankans. I'll stand by.

She wasn't "inferring" anything -- YOU infer, she implies. And no the OP's assumption isn't at all valid, since he claims the speaker said something SHE DIDN'T SAY. Don't you GET that? YOU JUST ACKNOWLEDGED IT in your first sentence. This ain't exactly rocket surgery --- it's a one or a zero. Whelp, it's not a one as claimed -- it's a ZERO.

This doesn't seem to have occurred to y'all race-obsessed but the generational racial values cited apply to BOTH races. If a white of such generation can be instilled with a sense of superiority, then a black of the same generation can be instilled with a sense of inferiority. One feeds the other.

Or didn't any of y'all think of that?

Oh yes do tell us all about "honesty" when you can't tell the difference between "Pogo" and "Mamooth" and are willing to fling a turd of "liar" based on your own fuckup. Poster please.

Last edited:

DUMBASS.

Valid theories might have something to do with her self-awareness. She must think racism was born and will die with a single generation.

Agreed, I'm not sure I buy the theory that it just goes with a generation. The statement is more emotional than rational. It would be nice but perhaps overly optimistic.

Perhaps it misunderestimates the persistence of long-entrenched social mores too.

DUMBASS.

She wasn't "inferring" anything -- YOU infer, she implies. And no the OP's assumption isn't at all valid, since he claims the speaker said something SHE DIDN'T SAY. Don't you GET that? YOU JUST ACKNOWLEDGED IT in your first sentence. This ain't exactly rocket surgery --- it's a one or a zero. Whelp, it's not a one as claimed -- it's a ZERO.

This doesn't seem to have occurred to y'all race-obsessed but the generational racial values cited apply to BOTH races. If a white of such generation can be instilled with a sense of superiority, then a black of the same generation can be instilled with a sense of inferiority. One feeds the other.

Oh yes do tell us all about "honesty" when you can't tell the difference between "Pogo" and "Mamooth" and are willing to fling a turd of "liar" based on your own fuckup. Poster please.
I certainly don't expect you to admit anything. This is what you do - play semantic parsing games to avoid discussing the issue.

Fine with me. No harm, no foul.

DUMBASS.

I certainly don't expect you to admit anything. This is what you do - play semantic parsing games to avoid discussing the issue.

Now you're going to sit here and pretend you didn't write post 45?

Followed shortly after by this --

Not sure what my lie is, please explain.
it's mamooth, I wouldnt sweat it.
Do you know what they're talking about, the lie?

Did someone hijack your account then?

Are these "unposts" that never happened comrade? Down the memory hole are they?
And then you have the temerity to call ME a "liar"?

Guess I shouldn't expect you to admit anything. This is what you do -- Pee Wee Herman the point hoping it just goes away even after you've been proven wrong.

Guess I shouldn't expect you to admit anything. This is what you do -- Pee Wee Herman the point hoping it just goes away even after you've been proven wrong.
More of the same, thanks.

You certainly are trying hard.

More of the same, thanks.

You certainly are trying hard.

QED.

DUMBASS.

Agreed, I'm not sure I buy the theory that it just goes with a generation. The statement is more emotional than rational. It would be nice but perhaps overly optimistic.

Perhaps it misunderestimates the persistence of long-entrenched social mores too.
Like all of her fellow liberal theorists, she does not understand the nature of people. Emotional desires conquer rational knowledge.

DUMBASS.

Like all of her fellow liberal theorists, she does not understand the nature of people. Emotional desires conquer rational knowledge.

They do, often -- this board demonstrates that every minute.

This isn't a "liberal", "conservative" or "political" issue though. It's about racism. That's a sociocultural issue. And those are far more entrenched and far slower-evolving than political ones. It's understandable to want them to evolve faster but maybe not realistic.

This isn't a "liberal", "conservative" or "political" issue though. It's about racism. That's a sociocultural issue. And those are far more entrenched and far slower-evolving than political ones. It's understandable to want them to evolve faster but maybe not realistic.
Her entire posit is unrealistic. Racism, especially her special brand of it, is entrenched in her culture. That's why she says what she says. It won't matter how many of them die off, there will always be others to take their place.

Her entire posit is unrealistic. Racism, especially her special brand of it, is entrenched in her culture. That's why she says what she says. It won't matter how many of them die off, there will always be others to take their place.

It's entrenched in both cultures, if one stipulates a "white culture" and a "black culture". But yes I'm inclined to agree it's simplistic to believe it turns over and goes away simply by a generation dying off. It's more complex than that. It's entrenched in literature, in pop culture, in employment, and certainly in the economic manifestations of the past centuries that have determined where everyone lives and what their future is. Those are characteristics that don't die off with a generation.

Although to be contextually accurate that wasn't the whole of her analysis here.

It's entrenched in both cultures, if one stipulates a "white culture" and a "black culture". But yes I'm inclined to agree it's simplistic to believe it turns over and goes away simply by a generation dying off. It's more complex than that. It's entrenched in literature, in pop culture, in employment, and certainly in the economic manifestations of the past centuries that have determined where everyone lives and what their future is. Those are characteristics that don't die off with a generation.

Although to be contextually accurate that wasn't the whole of her analysis here.
She talks about "them" dying off. She doesn't see it as a multi-racial problem. No "we" about it.

She talks about "them" dying off. She doesn't see it as a multi-racial problem. No "we" about it.

Clearly she does, since she pointedly did not specify a race. The OP did that. But he plugged it in out of nowhere. "Them" still applies as long as she herself is not part of said generation.

Clearly she does, since she pointedly did not specify a race. The OP did that. But he plugged it in out of nowhere. "Them" still applies as long as she herself is not part of said generation.
Basically her entire thesis was flawed. No leadership ability, just re-heated pablum.

Forum List

Back