AOC Doubles Down, Says VA Problems Are A “Myth”

AOC is saying that the Right uses the problems of the VA as proof that single payer doesn't work, when in fact the reason the VA is struggling is because it is not being funded properly and that there are 48,000 vacancies.

The VA has been crippled. It always is after a war. We start wars and then don't fund the care for the vets afterward. It's fucking criminal.

When is Trump going to fill those vacancies?

Here is what AOC said:

"There is a myth that all VAs everywhere are broken, because the idea that if we can starve our public systems...of budgets and make sure they can't do their job, then we can say the whole system should be thrown away. I'm not going to back down from protecting the VA. I'm not going to back down from saying we should fund it. Because it's not about throwing away the entire system. It's about hiring the 48,000 vacancies that are necessary to give our veterans the medical care that they deserve."

So much for the bullshit narrative in the OP.
That’s not all she said.

BTW, Breaking News:

Veteran dies by suicide outside Cleveland VA hospital Monday, lawmakers demand action.

Here is what AOC said:

"There is a myth that all VAs everywhere are broken, because the idea that if we can starve our public systems...of budgets and make sure they can't do their job, then we can say the whole system should be thrown away. I'm not going to back down from protecting the VA. I'm not going to back down from saying we should fund it. Because it's not about throwing away the entire system. It's about hiring the 48,000 vacancies that are necessary to give our veterans the medical care that they deserve."

False Narrative Central strikes again I see. Pseudo-con are willfully stupid because nobody can be that stupid in real life and live.

Here is what AOC said:

That’s not all she said.

BTW, Breaking News:

Veteran dies by suicide outside Cleveland VA hospital Monday, lawmakers demand action.

Trumpbots have their head so far up Trumps ass it doesnt matter what she said, they spin it to suit them regardless ...

Occasional-cortex might be able to hang on to her seat forever. She could be the Maxine waters of the Bronx.

AOC is saying that the Right uses the problems of the VA as proof that single payer doesn't work, when in fact the reason the VA is struggling is because it is not being funded properly and that there are 48,000 vacancies.

The VA has been crippled. It always is after a war. We start wars and then don't fund the care for the vets afterward. It's fucking criminal.

When is Trump going to fill those vacancies?
So those 48.000 vacancies suddenly appeared when Trump took office ?

There should be no VA hospitals.

A veteran and his family should be able to go to the hospital of their choosing with the VA being the bill paying service.

How about giving that option for all Americans?

You have that option today, go ahead pay for your own damn health insurance and stop trying to mooch off others.

So do the vets .

Unless you were injured in your service or a retiree, you shouldn’t be using the VA.

the guy died in a hospital waiting for a ride to get to a hospital -

who was running the joint, Trump ?
It was 2014 and Trump wasn't President its was that other guy, what was his name ?

could be anyone that wasnt running a failed business ..
But the VA is not a business, its a failed government program.

VA Hospitals arent a business ?

mmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkk -

:th_smiley_emoticons_gaehn:

It was 2014 and Trump wasn't President its was that other guy, what was his name ?

mmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkk -

No they are not they are a bloated, bureaucratic, government program.

mmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkk -

like I said, is Trump running it -

mmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkk -

You people are bipolar nutbags.

mmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkk -

You people are bipolar nutbags.

tell me you dont appreciate Trumps deficit -

Why aren’t they being taken care of by the perfect private health system ?

Who says the Left live in a hermetically sealed bubble world?

All of Congress should only get healthcare from the VA.

They should let her get all her medical care from the VA for a year and see if she changes her mind.

That was 2014...... Just thought you might want to know....... And the article gives no reason why the ambulance took 30 minutes to arrive, don't you think that's kind of strange that the reason wasn't reported?
I go to the Raymond G Murphy VAMC where this happened, for the most part I've had very good and fairly quick service.
The biggest problem with the VA is Congress using the VA as a political football, AOC isn't helping and the fact that the VA and medical facilities all over the country are facing a severe shortage of primary care providers. There's just not enough Doctors, PAs and NPs to go around.

Shortages are a huge problem, and all the added red tape has made it worse. Many of the "fixes" have done the opposite.

My wife just recently started working for the VA as an RN. The hiring process was insane. She was interviewed within 2 weeks of applying and was told within a week of that she was accepted for the job....then 7.5 months later she was able to start working there. The process from "yes, you are hired" to "this is your start date" was the most insane thing I have ever seen. Her new manager thanked her for not giving up as most of the people she "hires" never make it to their start date as they give up and move on.

The VA is under such a microscope that my wife spends 3 times as much time charting as she did at a civilian hospital, because of all the new rules and regulations and there is so much CYA going on. The lady training her spent more time charting than she did with the patient.

There should be no VA hospitals.

A veteran and his family should be able to go to the hospital of their choosing with the VA being the bill paying service.

How about giving that option for all Americans?

You have that option today, go ahead pay for your own damn health insurance and stop trying to mooch off others.

So do the vets .

Unless you were injured in your service or a retiree, you shouldn’t be using the VA.

They don't unless they have a service related condition.

Forum List

Back