AP blames Pamela Geller for deaths of two jihadis who attacked and tried to kill her

Had she not held the cartoon contest and offered prize money - both men would be alive. That is an undeniable fact. Furthermore, Bank of America is (so far as I know) a legitimate banking business which gives services to their customers that are necessary to cash paychecks, store money for savings accounts, checking accounts, etc.

There was no necessity, no service rendered, nothing of value or good report, nothing to be gained by a cartoon drawing contest of Mohammad. She knew there were armed guards surrounding the place and she also knew it was inciting those who are lost and following the teachings of Islam to wrath. It led to two men - not taking into account the outcome - but overcome by a provocation to anger and wrath - to their deaths.

Big difference. Miss Geller should realize that what she did is not something that Jesus Christ would have done - to gain their attention. He would have spoken truth to them - not this.
The event is Constitutionally protected free speech.
Just as a crucifix in a jar of urine, flag burning, hanging a mannequin done up to look like Sarah Palin in effigy.....
Contrary to your side's perceptions of the First Amendment, the right to free speech applies to everyone.....And here's another newsflash. There is no constitutional protection from being offended.
As you have lost any credibility you have have had, you can stand down now.

Bill O’Reilly argued it is “bogus” to invoke freedom of speech in the debate over the Mohammed Art Exhibit and Contest on Thursday.

O’Reilly said that, “the dead men deserved what they got. But the incident was ignited by a contest featuring cartoons of the prophet Mohammed. Any depiction of that Islamic icon is a sin in the Muslim world. Many Americans believe the provocation was legitimate under freedom of speech, but that is not the issue. No one I know favors curtailing speech in this case. The real issue is whether the exposition was the right thing to do.”

He continued that the “Christian point of view” is that “you don’t demean other people unnecessarily. Jesus would not have sponsored that event.” And “the goal of every decent person in the world should be to defeat the jihad. And in order to do that, you have to rally the world to the side of good, our side. Emotional displays like insulting the prophet Mohammed make it more difficult to rally law-abiding Muslims, for example. Including nations like Jordan and Egypt, who are actually the fanatical Islamists. In any war, you have to win hearts and minds, and the situation in Garland, TX goes against that. Again, the freedom of speech issue is bogus. No one is saying the exposition was illegal. The point is winning, defeating the jihad.”

O Reilly Bogus To Invoke Free Speech in Mohammed Art Contest Debate - Breitbart

Thank you. While I am no fan of Bill O'Reilly I must agree that the Christian point of view is that you don't demean other people unnecessarily. Jesus would not have sponsored the event. We do need to defeat jihad. Absolutely.

Had she not held the cartoon contest and offered prize money - both men would be alive. That is an undeniable fact. Furthermore, Bank of America is (so far as I know) a legitimate banking business which gives services to their customers that are necessary to cash paychecks, store money for savings accounts, checking accounts, etc.

There was no necessity, no service rendered, nothing of value or good report, nothing to be gained by a cartoon drawing contest of Mohammad. She knew there were armed guards surrounding the place and she also knew it was inciting those who are lost and following the teachings of Islam to wrath. It led to two men - not taking into account the outcome - but overcome by a provocation to anger and wrath - to their deaths.

Big difference. Miss Geller should realize that what she did is not something that Jesus Christ would have done - to gain their attention. He would have spoken truth to them - not this.
The event is Constitutionally protected free speech.
Just as a crucifix in a jar of urine, flag burning, hanging a mannequin done up to look like Sarah Palin in effigy.....
Contrary to your side's perceptions of the First Amendment, the right to free speech applies to everyone.....And here's another newsflash. There is no constitutional protection from being offended.
As you have lost any credibility you have have had, you can stand down now.

You are missing the point. This isn't a matter of freedom of speech. It's a matter of doing what is right.

Juan Williams unloaded on anti-Muslim activist Pam Geller, comparing her to a pyromaniac who walks before a judge and insists she only burns down buildings to see how quickly the fire department responds.

She complained about the fact that her motives have been questioned by the media — and claimed that criticisms of her are emboldening the jihadists. “Not the jihadists motives!” she said. “My motives! For ten years after 9/11, I’ve been opposing Sharia and jihad. It’s the media that’s created these myths against me.”
:crybaby:

Geller tried to talk over Williams, saying that he’s “promoting Sharia,” but Williams would have none of it. “I think you are about self-promotion, Pam Geller, not about the cause of free speech!”

Juan Williams Pam Geller is no better than your average self-promoting pyromaniac - Salon.com
Juan Williams is a shill for the far left and an Islamist sympathizer.
How a lib like him can accuse the right of a war on women while sympathizing with Islamist terrorists is a mystery.

Had she not held the cartoon contest and offered prize money - both men would be alive. That is an undeniable fact...

I disagree. Those boys were determined to martyr themselves (and get their virgins before the supply is gone) and may well have tried their Jihad somewhere else ... perhaps with greater success. Those are undeniable facts. We owe Gellar and those alert cops a debt of gratitude for getting those scummies off our streets.

Bill O’Reilly argued it is “bogus” to invoke freedom of speech in the debate over the Mohammed Art Exhibit and Contest on Thursday.

O’Reilly said that, “the dead men deserved what they got. But the incident was ignited by a contest featuring cartoons of the prophet Mohammed. Any depiction of that Islamic icon is a sin in the Muslim world. Many Americans believe the provocation was legitimate under freedom of speech, but that is not the issue. No one I know favors curtailing speech in this case. The real issue is whether the exposition was the right thing to do.”

He continued that the “Christian point of view” is that “you don’t demean other people unnecessarily. Jesus would not have sponsored that event.” And “the goal of every decent person in the world should be to defeat the jihad. And in order to do that, you have to rally the world to the side of good, our side. Emotional displays like insulting the prophet Mohammed make it more difficult to rally law-abiding Muslims, for example. Including nations like Jordan and Egypt, who are actually the fanatical Islamists. In any war, you have to win hearts and minds, and the situation in Garland, TX goes against that. Again, the freedom of speech issue is bogus. No one is saying the exposition was illegal. The point is winning, defeating the jihad.”

O Reilly Bogus To Invoke Free Speech in Mohammed Art Contest Debate - Breitbart
O'Reilly is correct. ...... :cool:

Had she not held the cartoon contest and offered prize money - both men would be alive. That is an undeniable fact...

I disagree. Those boys were determined to martyr themselves (and get their virgins before the supply is gone) and may well have tried their Jihad somewhere else ... perhaps with greater success. Those are undeniable facts. We owe Gellar and those alert cops a debt of gratitude for getting those scummies off our streets.

I do not owe Pamela Geller anything, SAYIT. You may find her actions heroic. I do not. As for the cops? Of course they were alert. There was a cartoon contest of Mohammad with a money prize going on inside. They were on high alert because they knew she was provoking people to anger with her event.

I don't blame her for their deaths, I PRAISE her for them. Thank you, Pam! Two less terrorists in our country.

Then there is something wrong with you. They both went headlong into eternity without Jesus Christ and you are rejoicing over this? That is a grief to hear of, S.J..
I care more about the lives of the American people than I do about where terrorists spend eternity.

The lives of American people were not at risk. It was Pamela Geller who put the lives of American people at risk by inciting people to violence of a nonsense cartoon contest and a money prize. She was wrong. If you disagree that is your choice. As for the two Muslim men? There but for the grace of God go you and I. They were raised in a false religion and brainwashed to defend it at all costs. This was the result. It is very sad if you ask me.
Terrorists were living among us and you think American lives were not at risk??? Better to smoke them out BEFORE they carry out a mass killing like they did in Boston. If you can't understand that, you are part of the problem, a big part.

I do not want to see any harm come to her but I do hope that she will think before doing something so foolish and nonsensical again.
Pam Geller is a jew, so of course she will do it again.

Jews thrive on causing strife and hatred. ...... :cool:

I do not know what religion she is. I thought she was a Christian although I don't think her actions reflect being one.
I am not sure I support Pamela Geller's project in Garland, Texas because I do not know the details. I probably would
support it if her intention was to high light the vulgarity of
the Iranian holocaust cartoon contest. Islamic filth should
not go completely unanswered because its "success"
inspires MORE outrageous "acting out". Everytime muslims spit on anything, Buddhist, Hindu, Christian,
or Jewish and the world just yawns------Muslims see themselves are VICTORIOUS and utterly JUSTIFIED. I do not believe that here aim was actually just FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION-----to me it seemed more FREEDOM TO RESPOND TO INSULT in an equitable manner.

The Iranian cartoonists are devils - no question - their holocaust cartoons despicable, vile and straight from hell. But Rosie, the Jews and Christians need to take the high road. We do not need to lower our standards to meet the devils.

oh---right----that TURN THE CHEEK THING........ I used to be like than and even when I TRY NOT TO BE----I fall
into the trap. Very early on ----on encountering lots of
muslims------I learned that "Christians are liars-------they lie about PROPHET JESUS-------they claim he made wine-----
and they even claim that if someone hit him----he would not hit back-------NO MUSLIM PROPHET ACTS LIKE THAT---CHRISTIANS ARE LIARS" spoken with utter disdain
but only after I declared myself a jew------while I was a Christian they LOVED CHRISTIAN PROPHET JESUS
(aka ISA) ALSO----"Christians do not care about their prophet--------anyone can insult him" spoken with utter disdain. You can take the high road, Jeremiah-----I am not even interested in ending up in SCOTLAND .

BTW when Jesus attacked the money changers in the temple courtyard------that was an act of rebellion against rome. I am not so sure that jesus was as much a CHEEK TURNER as you wish to believe. He did not kiss them-----he banged their stuff around. If I remember correctly ----he even swung at them with a knotted rope---
knotted ropes were used by romans to beat people up

This is right up there with blaming Bank of America for the deaths of robbers who tried to rob it and shoot customers. If the bank hadn't concentrated all that money in one building, the robbers who shot up the place would still be alive.

It's hard to even imagine people being so warped that they blame Geller for jihadis getting the proper results of their acts of attempted murder.

Except in todays bizarro world, inhabited by bizarro liberals who do exactly that.

------------------------------------------------------

AP Headline Blames Pamela Geller For Deaths of Two Men Who Tried to Kill Her - Christine Rousselle

AP Headline Blames Pamela Geller For Deaths of Two Men Who Tried to Kill Her
Christine Rousselle | May 08, 2015

Last night, the Associated Press tweeted an article about Pamela Geller, organizer of the Garland, TX "Draw Muhammad" contest that nearly resulted in her death, with a rather, shall-we-say, victim-blaming headline.

AP Associated Press

Pamela Geller says she has no regrets about Prophet Muhammad cartoon contest that ended in 2 deaths:

Activist No regrets about cartoon contest ended by gunfire
5:00 PM - 7 May 2015

This is a rather unusual description of what actually happened at the event. Two armed men attempted to attack Geller and the other attendees of the event, but they were shot dead by armed guards before they could, you know, murder people. Shucks.

The exhibit didn't "result in deaths." These were not accidental shootings or deaths caused by some sort of tragedy. Nobody goes to an art exhibit expecting to be shot. The people who were killed were jihadis intent on carrying out a fatwa on Geller. Geller should not have to say she "regrets" anything--the rational or expected response to a controversial exhibit is not the attempted mass murder of everyone in attendance.

The AP's attempt to clarify the tweet blaming someone who was almost murdered for nearly being murdered was...just as bad.
LOL! What a blatant lie. The headline says nothing of the sort.
Yes it most certainly does....
"Prophet Muhammad cartoon contest that ended in 2 deaths".....
AP is implying the event itself caused the death of the two terrorists.
Period..
Why do you libs sympathize with Islamist terror groups and individuals?

Yep... The AP has now officially supported Islam for a terrorist attack on US Soil.

These are the same ideas that blamed the US For 9-11... there's nothing remotely American about any of 'em.

The Left supports Islam because The Ideological Left is a manifestation of the same Evil.

Pam Geller's tactic to defeat jihad by insulting Muhammad and creating more jihadists is totally idiotic. ...... :cuckoo:

Muhummad, the rapist pig, is dead. She demonstrated that the people who worship the dead rapist pig are murderers.
Fortunately the disgusting murderers who worship the rapist
pig failed in their attempt to murder.

There was no necessity, no service rendered, nothing of value or good report, nothing to be gained by a cartoon drawing contest of Mohammad.

In America, we have the freedom to do things that some think have no value.
Those who think we shouldn't, should feel free to report to Somalia or Iraq or Idontgiveafuckistan.
Allah fuckbar!!!!

The media and the left loon's focus shouldn't be so much on Geller being provocative but rather why the Islam is so ridiculously provokable

I do not owe Pamela Geller anything, SAYIT. You may find her actions heroic. I do not. As for the cops? Of course they were alert. There was a cartoon contest of Mohammad with a money prize going on inside. They were on high alert because they knew she was provoking people to anger with her event.

She was provoking Islam to violence. And she is still alive, which is provoking Islam to Violence.

Your problem Jere... is that you 'feel' that Islam is reasonable, that it has a right to BE. When in reality, thus in FACT: Islam is a mass-murdering political cult, which exists to impart mayhem, death and destruction... when it is not imparting deceit and fraudulence as a means to influence the ignorant.

There is no right to do ANY of that, to anyone... this in contrast to Gellers GOD-GIVEN RIGHT TO STAND UP TO BULLIES by poking their figurehead in the eye.

You go ahead and stand with Islam Jere... but you should know that there is no upside to doing so. You're pushing an irrational position.

Geller was not provoking people with a long history of peaceful repose... She was provoking a mass-murdering cult with a long history of unapologetically murdering innocent people. And she was saying, "FUCK YOU MASS-MURDERING CULT!" because she's an American and that's how we roll!

There was no necessity, no service rendered, nothing of value or good report, nothing to be gained by a cartoon drawing contest of Mohammad.

Those who think we shouldn't, should feel free to report to Somalia or Iraq or Idontgiveafuckistan.
Allah fuckbar!!!!

THANK YOU!

Allah fuckbar!!!!
There is no necessity, service rendered or any value to any art at all. This was a contest to see who could draw the best cartoon. The value assigned was $10,000. That's the value. None of the cartoons was profane or pornographic. The objection to drawing mohammed is "Because we said so." That is reason enough to put a firecracker up jihad ass and light it.

I'm glad these two are dead. Too bad the Boston Bomber boys couldn't have been drawn into something similar before they were offended by a race.

Did Pamela Geller provoke them to wrath or didn't she?

Uh... No, she did not.

I agree with you on many issues but on this matter I disagree with you. I believe she did know she would be provoking people to anger and she decided to go forward with her plans. To be clear - the LORD looks at our motives for why we do things, Where_r_my_Keys. What was Ms. Geller's motive for doing this?

There is your answer.

I understand her point, which was that it's okay to openly disagree with something without fear of being attacked. The really sad part is that we are well aware that there are too many radical Muslims who will kill over stupid things.

We can't forever silence ourselves for fear of offending someone. Muslims need to learn to ignore things they don't like since their inability to do that is the real problem here.

If nothing else, this latest attack should highlight what the real threat is, and that is radical Muslims trying to stop people from disagreeing with their religion. We shouldn't give in.

Forum List

Back