🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

AP Source: Census Worker hanged with 'fed' on body

In his speech, Clinton referred to the anger in the country as evidenced on things people said on the airwaves. He was correct about that...and it's funny to note that the same seems to be going on once again.

He didn't mention right wing radio, that was how the right wing radio nuts took it, though. And it's also why ClusterFuck didn't link to the actual speech.

:lol:

Because I've tried several combination of "Clinton hate radio speech" on Google and I get lemons

its Kentucky, they likely were moonshiners

ACtually that was my first thought, too.

But if I were moonshinging and decided I had to kill a guy who stumbled onto my still, I would't hang the guy up with a sign like that.

I'd bury the body deep.

Wouldn't you?

No, I do think this was either some right wing nutter, or somebody hoping to throw off the cops (which might then means that you are right about those moonshiners as you and I first thought).

Hopefully this investigation will get a followup.

My first thought was Pot Field, especially after I read the body was found near Daniel Boone National Forest.

Statement of Art Gaffrey
Forest Supervisor Sequoia National Forest, California
Forest Service, United States Department of Agriculture

Before the Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy and Human Resources
Subcommittee on Energy Policy, Natural Resources and Regulatory Affairs
Committee on Government Reform, United States House of Representatives​

MR. CHAIRMAN AND MEMBERS OF THE SUBCOMMITTEES:

Thank you for the opportunity to present the Department’s views on the impacts of drug production on public lands. I am Art Gaffrey, Forest Supervisor, Sequoia National Forest in California. Accompanying me today is Jerry Moore, Special Agent-In-Charge, Pacific Southwest Region in California.

Drug production and cultivation on Federal lands is a significant source of the domestic production and supply of illegal drugs, especially for marijuana (cannabis).

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has identified the major domestic outdoor cannabis cultivation areas in the United States the states of California, Hawaii, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Missouri. Marijuana sites are typically found in the more remote locations on public lands nationwide.

Production is increasing on Federal and State lands as stepped-up law enforcement and drug eradication in urban and rural areas have forced traffickers to move to the seclusion of forests, parks, refuges, and other public lands. Additionally, growing marijuana on Federal lands offers the grower immunity from asset forfeiture laws.​

USDA Forest Service - Testimony

Last edited:
obviously, whoever chose to do this, did so to make a STATEMENT against the Fed...and whether moonshiners, or pot growers, both would have a reason to not want the Fed to do their Census, thinking the census folk are just ATF or the DEA's pawns.
That's not so obviuos to me.

Ever hear of subterfuge?

I am not certain we can negate that the civil disobedience and legal protests and radio and tv coverage of such did not have a "part" in all of this... speculation of ours.
I blame Booooooooosh.

I do not know about you but if I have got a pot field or meth lab nearby the last thing I want to do is bring any attention to the area. These people have been growing pot in these areas for a long time and the last thing they want is the FBI sniffing about.

its Kentucky, they likely were moonshiners

ACtually that was my first thought, too.

But if I were moonshinging and decided I had to kill a guy who stumbled onto my still, I would't hang the guy up with a sign like that.

I'd bury the body deep.

Wouldn't you?

No, I do think this was either some right wing nutter, or somebody hoping to throw off the cops (which might then means that you are right about those moonshiners as you and I first thought).

Hopefully this investigation will get a followup.

My first thought was Pot Field, especially after I read the body was found near Daniel Boone National Forest.

Statement of Art Gaffrey
Forest Supervisor Sequoia National Forest, California
Forest Service, United States Department of Agriculture

Before the Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy and Human Resources
Subcommittee on Energy Policy, Natural Resources and Regulatory Affairs
Committee on Government Reform, United States House of Representatives​

MR. CHAIRMAN AND MEMBERS OF THE SUBCOMMITTEES:

Thank you for the opportunity to present the Department’s views on the impacts of drug production on public lands. I am Art Gaffrey, Forest Supervisor, Sequoia National Forest in California. Accompanying me today is Jerry Moore, Special Agent-In-Charge, Pacific Southwest Region in California.

Drug production and cultivation on Federal lands is a significant source of the domestic production and supply of illegal drugs, especially for marijuana (cannabis).

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has identified the major domestic outdoor cannabis cultivation areas in the United States the states of California, Hawaii, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Missouri. Marijuana sites are typically found in the more remote locations on public lands nationwide.

Production is increasing on Federal and State lands as stepped-up law enforcement and drug eradication in urban and rural areas have forced traffickers to move to the seclusion of forests, parks, refuges, and other public lands. Additionally, growing marijuana on Federal lands offers the grower immunity from asset forfeiture laws.​

USDA Forest Service - Testimony

More evidence of success in the "war" on (some) drugs, obviously. :lol:

I do not know about you but if I have got a pot field or meth lab nearby the last thing I want to do is bring any attention to the area. These people have been growing pot in these areas for a long time and the last thing they want is the FBI sniffing about.
Occams razor will not work here!

obviously, whoever chose to do this, did so to make a STATEMENT against the Fed...and whether moonshiners, or pot growers, both would have a reason to not want the Fed to do their Census, thinking the census folk are just ATF or the DEA's pawns.
That's not so obviuos to me.

Ever hear of subterfuge?

I am not certain we can negate that the civil disobedience and legal protests and radio and tv coverage of such did not have a "part" in all of this... speculation of ours.
I blame Booooooooosh.

no one knew this man, in the rural area where he was killed...

i think it is HIGHLY unlikely that someone killed him for his money and HUNG HIM and wrote FED on his chest/back to cover up the robbery?

it is NOT LIKE anyone even knew he would be in their ISOLATED area, and i seriously DOUBT some strangers were going to traverse THAT BACK COUNTRY to SET UP the backwoodsmen for a murder they did not commit, and NOT GET CAUGHT or killed by the backwoodsmen themselves?

unless you are thinking our own gvt set them up to now come in and raid them, to get to their ''operations''....? :eek:!!!!!!

Could be a false flag operation, wasnt a tree grown from an acorn was it?

Not without precedent

"...in the spring of 1972, at Tulane University...students asked (Saul) Alinsky to help plan a protest of a scheduled speech by George H. W. Bush, then U.S. representative to the United Nations - a speech likely to include a defense of the Nixon administration's Vietnam War policies. The students told Alinsky they were thinking about picketing or disrupting Bush's address. That's the wrong approach, he rejoined, not very creative - and besides causing a disruption might get them thrown out of school. He told them, instead, to go to hear the speech dressed as members of the Ku Klux Klan, and whenever Bush said something in defense of the Vietnam War, they should cheer and wave placards reading, ‘The KKK supports Bush.' And that is what they did, with very successful, attention-getting results. --

Sanford D. Horwitt "Let Them Call Me Rebel"

I don't know at all, and haven't enough on-the-spot information to start playing Lieutenant Columbo...That's all.

I LOVE MYSTERIES!

I am addicted to the female, who done it Sleuths or female medical examiner types!!!!!!

:lol:

Forum List

Back