Apartheid in the Middle East - Let's End the Suffering

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
I saw this video tonight. It has some very sad photos - such as you'd see in time magazine only this time it is Arab Muslims, other Muslims being treated horrificly. We talk about the North Koreans that are suffering. The Jews that are suffering. The Christians that are suffering. But we usually don't discuss the Muslim suffering because we do not understand it. I will post other articles if you do not wish to see the video but as I said some photos may be too much for you and so you can opt for the articles instead. This what is called Apartheid although I do not know if I am spelling that correctly. The video will cover suffering Muslims from each individual country. It is a very moving video presentation.

[ame=http://youtu.be/VJCrWmtpNrM]Where is the REAL Apartheid in the Middle East? - YouTube[/ame]

If you wish to comment on the video please be respectful to all people in regards to their plight. Consider you could have been born into one of these nations. What would your life have been like? It is a great privledge to be born an American. We should cherish our freedom. God bless America.

I don't think it is funny, Sunni. People are suffering. I posted another video on another thread about a story of a North Korean woman who lived in a communist nation which was just as brutal. I feel great mercy for these people because they deserve to be free and not be tormented like this. A govt should protect people from harm, not openly use it to punish and intimidate others with. That is what communist nations, do, that is Germany did under Hitler, that is a very oppressive way to exist. You and I are blessed in that we live here in America where these things do not happen. If we are free don't you think we should help out those who are not?

I don't think it is funny, Sunni. People are suffering. I posted another video on another thread about a story of a North Korean woman who lived in a communist nation which was just as brutal. I feel great mercy for these people because they deserve to be free and not be tormented like this. A govt should protect people from harm, not openly use it to punish and intimidate others with. That is what communist nations, do, that is Germany did under Hitler, that is a very oppressive way to exist. You and I are blessed in that we live here in America where these things do not happen. If we are free don't you think we should help out those who are not?
The video you posted was just another idiotic propaganda piece directed towards muslims and Islam.

And now you want to compare muslim countries with N. Korea.

How stupid can you be??........never mind.....I already know the answer. .. :cool:

I think if you really want to examine suffering, hardship and the value of small points of light in an Islamic country you could do better than propaganda films. Islamic majority countries vary greatly in their degree of freedom, rights and such and there is a lot of stuff out there who's main aim is to demonize, not promote understanding, truth or real change.

I listened to this news story on the way to work this morning - it's real suffering, and it's real triumphs, and it's set in the back drop of a very uncertain future for these children:

Whoever hears of students being overjoyed to take final exams?
For many students, final exams are a headache. But in a besieged Syrian neighborhood, just getting to take a test this week is a cause for celebration.

that's the case for 120 ninth graders who boarded buses Sunday on the outskirts of Damacus. They made a perilous journey from the Syrian refugee camp of Yarmouk to get to safe locales in the capital where they could take nationwide, end-of-year exams. And the BBC's Lyse Doucet took the journey with them.

"The students had to make their way through these corridors, this warren of ruins," says Doucet. "Just hours before they came out, we could hear sporadic gunfire and hear reports that even at this eleventh hour — on the eve of the nationwide exams — after weeks of negotiations, the negotiations were still going on with some of the rebel groups to ensure safe passage."

The teenagers — many of them Palestinian refugees living in Syria — have been trapped inside their neighborhoods for nearly a year. About 300 students had considered taking the journey out, according to Doucet. In the end, only a fraction took the risk.

"You have to admire these students, so determined not to miss another year of school that they were willing to come out in those conditions," Doucet says.

RTR3OPCU.jpg

Rest of article at link, but it's only an abreviated synopsis - it's worth it to listen to the linnk.

Don't look at this, look at that.

Not so fine a method for discussion, but there it is.

I saw this video tonight. It has some very sad photos - such as you'd see in time magazine only this time it is Arab Muslims, other Muslims being treated horrificly. We talk about the North Koreans that are suffering. The Jews that are suffering. The Christians that are suffering. But we usually don't discuss the Muslim suffering because we do not understand it. I will post other articles if you do not wish to see the video but as I said some photos may be too much for you and so you can opt for the articles instead. This what is called Apartheid although I do not know if I am spelling that correctly. The video will cover suffering Muslims from each individual country. It is a very moving video presentation.

Where is the REAL Apartheid in the Middle East? - YouTube

Sadly prevalent in too many places in the region.

I think if you really want to examine suffering, hardship and the value of small points of light in an Islamic country you could do better than propaganda films. Islamic majority countries vary greatly in their degree of freedom, rights and such and there is a lot of stuff out there who's main aim is to demonize, not promote understanding, truth or real change.

I listened to this news story on the way to work this morning - it's real suffering, and it's real triumphs, and it's set in the back drop of a very uncertain future for these children:

For many students, final exams are a headache. But in a besieged Syrian neighborhood, just getting to take a test this week is a cause for celebration.

that's the case for 120 ninth graders who boarded buses Sunday on the outskirts of Damacus. They made a perilous journey from the Syrian refugee camp of Yarmouk to get to safe locales in the capital where they could take nationwide, end-of-year exams. And the BBC's Lyse Doucet took the journey with them.

"The students had to make their way through these corridors, this warren of ruins," says Doucet. "Just hours before they came out, we could hear sporadic gunfire and hear reports that even at this eleventh hour — on the eve of the nationwide exams — after weeks of negotiations, the negotiations were still going on with some of the rebel groups to ensure safe passage."

The teenagers — many of them Palestinian refugees living in Syria — have been trapped inside their neighborhoods for nearly a year. About 300 students had considered taking the journey out, according to Doucet. In the end, only a fraction took the risk.

"You have to admire these students, so determined not to miss another year of school that they were willing to come out in those conditions," Doucet says.

RTR3OPCU.jpg

Rest of article at link, but it's only an abreviated synopsis - it's worth it to listen to the linnk.

In Lebanon the refugees cannot take their BACC exams.

Lebanon Refuses to Allow Syria's Palestinian Refugees to Take Baccalaureate Exames | Foreign Policy Journal

RTR3OPCU.jpg

In Lebanon the refugees cannot take their BACC exams.

Lebanon Refuses to Allow Syria's Palestinian Refugees to Take Baccalaureate Exames | Foreign Policy Journal

That is just so wrong, on so many levels :(

Time is short for Rasha, who is one tough smart kid committed to serving her country Palestine and Syria pending return to her village near Haifa. Her family learned two days ago that the University of Strasbourg in Strasbourg, Alsace, France, the second largest university is France will award her a full scholarship if she does well on the BACC. SSSP can also help a bit.

Hopefully Lebanon will relent and allow Palestinian and Syrian students to take next month’s vital Baccalaureate exams.

RTR3OPCU.jpg

Thank you for the story on these teens, Coyote. Another very sad situation because every teen needs a reason to hope for the future. Who are the organizations that are helping these children. Does anyone here know?

LOL.......you neglected to tell people the video was a comedy........funny stuff. .. :lol: :lol:

Translation: i am ashamed that Muslims in the ME are being treated like garbage and being neglected by other Muslims.

I'm really focused on getting these people help through advocacy, supporting organizations that help them, that kind of thing because we know that VOM does alot for 10/40 window nations but there are other nations who need our help too. Writing letters on their behalf, there are groups out there for writing letters to prisoners and such. It is a positive effort to help.

The reality on the ground?

There is Apartheid in Israel: Jews aren't allowed on the Temple Mount.

Why aren't Jews allowed on the Temple Mount?

Because their Muslim brothers want to piss them off.

So, there are preparations for a Third Jewish Temple - The Temple Mount.

Why?

To piss their Arab brethren off.

Isaac and Ishmael (mtrip) would be so proud.

:doubt:

So how do we help those girls, Aris? Any suggestions? Write letters? Send letters to the organizations that are funded by Americans? Write Congressman, Senators in the US? Who?

Great song, great group.
[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]

That is the beginning of Zionism.

Psalms 137
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?

Zionism is not a new political movement as some might have you believe, it is the desire to return *home*. The Jewish people had been exiled to Babylon and this poem reflects their pain.

Last edited:

Why?

The Jews have gone to the Temple Mount but there has been much protesting over them going there. Not to go off topic but the word Apartheid. I heard that word years ago concerning Apartheid in Africa. I thought that was in reference to the British presence - am I mistaken? Do you know the history of that, Ropey? Maybe I'm confused. The British brought colonialism to India. Right? Why would it be called Apartheid on continent of Africa?

Last edited:

Why?

The Jews have gone to the Temple Mount but there has been much protesting over them going there. Not to go off topic but the word Apartheid. I heard that word years ago concerning Apartheid in Africa. I thought that was in reference to the British presence - am I mistaken? Do you know the history of that, Ropey?

Excuse me Jeri. I'm being sarcastic when using that term. It doesn't apply to the Arabs keeping the Jews away from the Temple Mount any more than it applies to the Jews keeping the non Israeli citizens away from Israel.

Forum List

Back