Apparently It Isn't Enough That The Little Mermaid Is Now Black

You said homosexuality is a sexual sin. Why did you omit heterosexuality?
Are you upset about heterosexual immorality like you are about homosexuality?

Of course. Where there are children involved its impact is even more destructive, possibly.

You said homosexuality is a sexual sin. Why did you omit heterosexuality?
Are you upset about heterosexual immorality like you are about homosexuality?

As an addition:

You realize there are no huge social pressures for everyone to accept adultery, right? Almost everyone understands that adultery, if not outright destructive, is less than ideal.

But there IS great social pressure to accept homosexuality--to even celebrate it. THAT is why is seems Christians "hate" homosexuality more than other sins. We don't. We are being forced to accept it as "good". That's the difference.

As an addition:

You realize there are no huge social pressures for everyone to accept adultery, right? Almost everyone understands that adultery, if not outright destructive, is less than ideal.

But there IS great social pressure to accept homosexuality--to even celebrate it. THAT is why is seems Christians "hate" homosexuality more than other sins. We don't. We are being forced to accept it as "good". That's the difference.

I don't think that's true. I think the idea is to stop persecuting and discriminating against gays.. so they have the same human rights as other people.

I don't think that's true. I think the idea is to stop persecuting and discriminating against gays.. so they have the same human rights as other people.

Please. They're forcing Christians to bake them cakes just because they can. Among many other "special rights". What they WANT is for everyone to endorse their life. Sorry, no one gets that automatic privilege.

Please. They're forcing Christians to bake them cakes just because they can. Among many other "special rights". What they WANT is for everyone to endorse their life. Sorry, no one gets that automatic privilege.

There was nothing going on with that until the baker went on Facebook and bragged about how he stuck it to the gays. He was using it as a Christian sales pitch.

As an addition:

You can make the argument that adultery is bad because one party is being hurt- the spouse being cheated on.

Your argument against homosexuality is that you think it's icky. If both partners are into it, and that is their sexual orientation (not a choice), then it isn't "sinful". It's just the way they turned out, whether you want to call it "God" of "nature" or "fate".

What special right is that, that they not be discriminated against based on their sexual orientation.

What if a bakery decided to deny service to an interracial couple because that was his interpretation of the Bible? Would that be okay?

PS Like many young gays, he really, really hates--and laughs at--the gay "agenda" and the liberal endorsement of it. Like this, above.

We laugh at it together, Joe. The evangelical Christian family and their gay friend.

Believe it or not, I don't care. We laugh.
Hey, my best friend's mom is a "fag hag" (whatever that is, we ask no questions cuz we do not wanna know) and so she has a 1/2 dozen around sometimes and ..we talk some..none of them like those "Drag Queen Story Hour" things either.
Who the hell is pushin' that crap? One of em's an actual drag queen with size 12 gold pumps.
They don't approve of pushing that stuff onto children. :nono:
It's definitely not homosexual people, it's the homosexual lobby or something pushing that crap.

You can make the argument that adultery is bad because one party is being hurt- the spouse being cheated on.

Your argument against homosexuality is that you think it's icky. If both partners are into it, and that is their sexual orientation (not a choice), then it isn't "sinful". It's just the way they turned out, whether you want to call it "God" of "nature" or "fate".

What special right is that, that they not be discriminated against based on their sexual orientation.

What if a bakery decided to deny service to an interracial couple because that was his interpretation of the Bible? Would that be okay?

the fact remains that the vast majority of households are mother father based... most little kids are not going to understand otherwise. Well, that is until they are re-educated in school.
But getting back to the movie, when you add something like LGBQ into a film for 6 or 7 year olds... then the movie becomes all about that. Its not really fair for kids who are just looking for some adventure. at that age they arent looking for a re- education or adult enlightenment in their cartoons.

the fact remains that the vast majority of households are mother father based... most little kids are not going to understand otherwise. Well, that is until they are re-educated in school.
But getting back to the movie, when you add something like LGBQ into a film for 6 or 7 year olds... then the movie becomes all about that. Its not really fair for kids who are just looking for some adventure. at that age they arent looking for a re- education or adult enlightenment in their cartoons.

You are right. Any alteration of a story to appeal to modern audiences is wrong.

We need to go back to Hans Christian Anderson's original story. The one where the Mermaid dies at the end. The kiddies will love that!

Oh, most kids aren't as naïve as you think. Most seven year olds know what gay people are.

Any movie, show, media presentation depicting homosexuality, at all, is going to be a financial failure. The audience is very small to non existent. The movie Bros proved that. Movie makers who want to make a gay friendly product should just make the cheapest presentation possible. Don't inflict their delusions on us. We won't stand for it.

You are right. Any alteration of a story to appeal to modern audiences is wrong.

We need to go back to Hans Christian Anderson's original story. The one where the Mermaid dies at the end. The kiddies will love that!

Oh, most kids aren't as naïve as you think. Most seven year olds know what gay people are.
She didn't die. She became foam upon the sea.

There is pressure to accept a lot of things.
Patriotism for one.
God for another.
I would say there is just as much pressure to accept god as anything else. I won’t because of my culture. That brings up a question. Why do you fear your god?

God created freedom. Human freedom is a marvelous thing and I believe it is God's. So you have freedom to accept or reject Him, and everything I say about Him. As is right and as it should be.

"Fear" is not fear like trembling, destructive fear. In the Bible, the fear of the Lord is healthy respect. Rather like a mother would say to her children "wait 'til your father gets home!" even if the father was good and not abusive. This statement--and what was behind it--put children on the right path.

I wonder if you realize that evangelical Christians are the ones now who don't care what people do in the "privacy of their bedroom". Or better yet: we might care but we don't infringe on their freedom to do it.

Meanwhile....

YOUR people are the ones insisting we change the language to suit them, open our girls' sports to biological MEN, etc.

Forum List

Back