Appearance and Personality: What do you like?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
What physical attributes matter most to you in a relationship?
Do you have any "deal breaker" rules regarding physical attributes?
Do you have any "deal breaker" rules regarding PERSONALITY attributes?

If you are in a current relationship, what would you change about your mate?
What did you learn from your last relationship?

As long as the person has a healthy self esteem and takes care of themselves physically I am fine. I workout, eat right and dress well. I expect my prospective partner to do the same. It is more than appearance as well, good healthy habits are the first defense against many health issues.

Big boobs, not obese, separated headed to D court, money can't buy pussy...

I followed you on the 1st 2
Why would you want someone separated headed to divorce court?
And, so wrong on the last comment..................

As long as the person has a healthy self esteem and takes care of themselves physically I am fine. I workout, eat right and dress well. I expect my prospective partner to do the same. It is more than appearance as well, good healthy habits are the first defense against many health issues.

Those are "basics" but I would think personality would definitely play a role.
For example, I'm sure you have a preference over an "outgoing social" person, vs. a "introverted quiet" person. Or no? Do you think everyone that is introverted and quiet lacks self esteem?

I know there are hookers...

Not just that.... you can pretty much have any woman you want if you make enough money, and, if you have celebrity status, guaranteed.

Every notice how every athlete (handsome or ugly) has a hot wife?

The most important attribute is what's on the inside. Appearance is not that important. Someone that is easy going, peaceful, upbeat, a positive attitude, someone that doesn't choose a partner based on the size of their bank account, someone that enjoys doing things together, loving, kind, giving, and someone that can weather the storm, should there be one along the way.

Those are "basics" but I would think personality would definitely play a role.
For example, I'm sure you have a preference over an "outgoing social" person, vs. a "introverted quiet" person. Or no? Do you think everyone that is introverted and quiet lacks self esteem?
I do not have a "type", I let a relationship take it's course.

The most important attribute is what's on the inside. Appearance is not that important. Someone that is easy going, peaceful, upbeat, a positive attitude, someone that doesn't choose a partner based on the size of their bank account, someone that enjoys doing things together, loving, kind, giving, and someone that can weather the storm, should there be one along the way.
If they were all this and smoked 3 packs of chest busters a day and drank a quart of booze that would not matter?

If they were all this and smoked 3 packs of chest busters a day and drank a quart of booze that would not matter?
No alcoholics and no drug users, period.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I would be bored if my man and I did not have senses of humor in common. Deal breakers: offensive breath and obese men. Fifty pounds is not a few pounds overweight.

What physical attributes matter most to you in a relationship? ...Healthy, good chest, solid. I don't usually like tall skinny guys. I tend to go for stocky guys..not meatheads. I want to feel like I can snuggle into them and be comfy...and safe. I tend to like blue collar types..work with your hands, Its a problem if I can fix the lawn mower (or whatever) and you cant.

Do you have any "deal breaker" rules regarding physical attributes? ummm....bad teeth, bad hygiene, unhealthy.

Do you have any "deal breaker" rules regarding PERSONALITY attributes? I like a guys guy but not misogynistic. Don't be a bigot. Stand for your convictions. Give your opinions. I don't want to make all the decisions. I want some input please. Be sweet and kind..and tough lol.

If you are in a current relationship, what would you change about your mate? The prior answer might be why I am single.... as Julia Roberts said.... I want the fairytale. (my own version of it)

What did you learn from your last relationship? If a guy has to hide his cell phone, he is most likely cheating on you?

I would be bored if my man and I did not have senses of humor in common. Deal breakers: offensive breath and obese men. Fifty pounds is not a few pounds overweight.

Good point. Hubby and I have had arguments over this. I tend to have a pretty irreverent sense of humor and he can be overly sensitive to things (like being mean-spirited) - he got very pissed off at me many times early in our relationship because he found my sense of humor to be cruel. It's a hard obstacle to overcome.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
So for me:

(1) Good hygiene
(2) Outgoing & Not Afraid to make decisions
(3) Loves tennis
(4) Wants to be involved with my family
(5) Taller than me (preferred)
(6) Short fingernails
(7) Loves movies and music of all kinds
(8) Love kissing and cuddling

there may be more but that's a good start ;)

No alcoholics and no drug users, period.

No "Leaving Las Vegas" for you huh?
Moderate alcoholism is OK with me ... as long as they are not an angry/violent drunk :)

My wife used to be rude to me in public....but that stopped years ago.

I found out she loved me unconditionally even with my flaws. That is most important.

Having a nice booty is a must though.

I know there are hookers...

Not just that.... you can pretty much have any woman you want if you make enough money, and, if you have celebrity status, guaranteed.

Every notice how every athlete (handsome or ugly) has a hot wife?
Looks alone will do it. My wife and I got engaged before she had any clue about how wealthy I was.

Tats are a deal-breaker. Drinking is a huge negative but not complete deal-breaker unless to excess or like we can't hang out unless you're drinking (I'm not that bad hehe.) Drugs are a deal-breaker even if legal (experimentation or satisfying curiousity fine, went to college too...) But if you're still doing them then there are problems I'm not interested in sharing. Overt religiousity is a deal-breaker. Wanna be religious fine, but keep it to yourself. :)

Being well-spoken is a must. I'm too old and cranky to have to put everything someone says through a Star Trek Universal Translator. If you wanna fool around, just say that, don't use euphamisms, body language, or some kind of MTV Girl Code you think everyone understands. :)

Jagged, decayed and/or missing meth/crack addict teeth, that's a deal breaker.

Foul-smelling pussy, that's a deal breaker.

Generally, any sort of poor hygiene is a deal breaker.

Needle tracks, that's a deal breaker.

Drunk? That's a deal breaker. I won't fuck a girl who's drunk. It's akin to rape IMO.

If we go out to a restaurant or club and she's rude to the waitress or staff, that's a deal breaker.

There's more but those are just a few deal breakers off the top of my head.

Forum List

Back