Apple Prepares for The Great Reset With Plans to Make You Rent Your iPhone

Microsoft did that with all their extras.Thankfully we still have all our older computers and disk if I need them and have something I want to Word, Excel, etc... to do.

Thing is they all require cdkeys. If Microsoft decides it doesn't want you using them and you connect that PC to the internet it will be flagged and shut down.

Kind of like you can install windows with a fake cdkey, but soon as you go online or the time to register it runs out youre locked out. Unless you crack it, but you still can't go online

It's fine as long as you don't go online with it.

Newer programs or devices they release can just be built with kill switches inside them.

Thing is they all require cdkeys. If Microsoft decides it doesn't want you using them and you connect that PC to the internet it will be flagged and shut down.

Kind of like you can install windows with a fake cdkey, but soon as you go online or the time to register it runs out youre locked out. Unless you crack it, but you still can't go online

It's fine as long as you don't go online with it.

Newer programs or devices they release can just be built with kill switches inside them.
I kept my cd's and have the keys. People have allowed themselves to be screwed by Microsoft when they did not insist on having those when paying for software in the computer.

It is another stunning malfeasance of a large corporation on it's imprisoned customers.
Not imprisoned? You can go to Samsung etc.? Pheh... if anyone thinks the others won't do the same, then you haven't paid attention to how things work.
I have an iPhone 5c, bought it in 2014. Paid for long ago. As well as Bonzi's iPhone7.

So my hardware cost for the past 8 years is about $700.
If I leased phones, the prices would have been averaged out - about $40/mo.
Over 8 years... my hardware cost would have been $3,840.

AND THAT IS WHY APPLE WANTS TO DO THIS... AND SO WILL THE OTHERS.

I would believe it more if you had a release from Apple but not from a fake news site.

DOesn’t matter to me if you believe it or not , because once it happens you won’t have a leg to stand on .

I would believe it more if you had a release from Apple but not from a fake news site.

Know what’s even funnier, you can’t believe that you wouldn’t have to rent something rather than own it. Is all types of situations like that already exist and of of you already use it because you have no choice and or it just is.
Example—-anything you down load down songs, music, certain software is often not hard copied any longer photoshop you will never own it pay for it even a yr. Sub, you still don’t own it and never will.

Computer software often it’s totally download now, and why do you think that might be………

Oh wait that’s right you don’t believe it yet. BAAHAHAHAHA.

Dear People :

Bloomberg is also making this statement.
go look at it.

F0D0C805-7F64-46E1-B60D-61D5B70F4315.jpeg

And as you can see, the media and other industry writers are going to line up behind this and do the selling for Apple talking about how great it is. Why would they do that? If I had any Apple stock - I would too.

I said this would happen 3 or 4 years ago.
Companies are following Adobe's lead.
For years Adobe Sold Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign... you could buy the bundle for about $1200.
Upgrades over the years cost between $100 - $125 annually.
So in 5 years, your cost of owning the software is 5 x 125 + 1200 = $1825
Adobe went subscription only a couple years ago. The cost is $600/year.
So in 5 years you pay $3,000 for the exact same software.

Everything you know in the computer world is going the subscription route. You think it is cheaper, but it cost double or more for the same thing.

And people are so stupid... everyone will think it is great.

And there is the timing of this also.
By Dec of this year - all older iPhones will no longer work when all the carriers turn off 3G.
And here comes Apple, your buddy... to make the transition "easier" for you.

It is another stunning malfeasance of a large corporation on it's imprisoned customers.
Not imprisoned? You can go to Samsung etc.? Pheh... if anyone thinks the others won't do the same, then you haven't paid attention to how things work.
I have an iPhone 5c, bought it in 2014. Paid for long ago. As well as Bonzi's iPhone7.

So my hardware cost for the past 8 years is about $700.
If I leased phones, the prices would have been averaged out - about $40/mo.
Over 8 years... my hardware cost would have been $3,840.

AND THAT IS WHY APPLE WANTS TO DO THIS... AND SO WILL THE OTHERS.
The other companies really can't try to force this. Too much competition with compatible technologies that Apple doesn't have.

And as you can see, the media and other industry writers are going to line up behind this and do the selling for Apple talking about how great it is. Why would they do that? If I had any Apple stock - I would too.

I said this would happen 3 or 4 years ago.
Companies are following Adobe's lead.
For years Adobe Sold Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign... you could buy the bundle for about $1200.
Upgrades over the years cost between $100 - $125 annually.
So in 5 years, your cost of owning the software is 5 x 125 + 1200 = $1825
Adobe went subscription only a couple years ago. The cost is $600/year.
So in 5 years you pay $3,000 for the exact same software.

Everything you know in the computer world is going the subscription route. You think it is cheaper, but it cost double or more for the same thing.

And people are so stupid... everyone will think it is great.
That is where all the nouveau riche came from in the tech industry. Microsoft develops software with a one time development cost then recoups their investment in the first thousand copies of the software it sells--it used to be that you got the software on disc, but now you don't even get that. So now, every time you purchase a new computer, you have to purchase the software again. Basically the same shit the music industry did when they went from vinyl to 4/8 track to cassette, to quadraphonic vinyl, to CD to blue ray and now downloads. They are selling NOTHING and getting rich.

The other companies really can't try to force this. Too much competition with compatible technologies that Apple doesn't have.
They will do it.
Too much f*cking money to be made going to that model.
The only hope in stopping this would be legislative... in America... that is not going to happen. The entire American legislative branch is in the pockets of these very same companies. All of them.
I will say it is highly likely European countries will outlaw it eventually, probably within the next 12-18 months.
America... nothing. It is all about getting as much money as possible from the public into their hands.

They will do it.
Too much f*cking money to be made going to that model.
The only hope in stopping this would be legislative... in America... that is not going to happen. The entire American legislative branch is in the pockets of these very same companies. All of them.
I will say it is highly likely European countries will outlaw it eventually, probably within the next 12-18 months.
America... nothing. It is all about getting as much money as possible from the public into their hands.
The other companies can't. Too much competition and one or more wouldn't just to lock up the prepaid market. If inflation keeps rising cheaper phones with fewer options will be more popular than rented phones on long contracts. The smart phone market is global, someone will capitalize on cheap quantity over expensive quality.

I'm not a fan of cell phones and don't own one, so don't read too much into this, but isn't that kind of what AT&T used to do with wired phones until the divestiture? Maybe that is what Apple needs to do. Those Bell South phones were virtually indestructible. I still have four of them that I bought when AT&T split.

AT&T was a government monopoly.

I have no desire to see the most evil corporation in the history of mankind become a monopoly.

1648517353489.png

What gets me, is Trumps new social site ONLY allows use by iPhones.

This pisses me off, but also, has me wondering if this is all part of his plan to undermine one of the most corrupt corporations on earth.
I think it's far more likely that the delay in the Android rollout is because the app has to be optimized for a much wider range of devices and android OS versions, compared to the iPhone app. It's not uncommon for the Android version of an app to take a little longer to hit the app store.

I think it's far more likely that the delay in the Android rollout is because the app has to be optimized for a much wider range of devices and android OS versions, compared to the iPhone app. It's not uncommon for the Android version of an app to take a little longer to hit the app store.

Nonsense.

When I write a mobile app in Python,, I hit one button and compile for Android and IOS.

Trump is fucking up. IOS has a SLIGHTLY larger installed base in the USA, but worldwide Android dwarfs it. This should have rolled out for Andriod, IOS, Linux, and Windows on day one.

Forum List

Back