Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce reminds me of Frasier. And not in a particularly good way. Condenscending.

No idea what's in your mind.

Chuckt do you mean "banned from a church"?

If you do this with ill, deceitful or unforgiving intent, just resolve that first before you act.
Don't surprise people or do things behind their backs, where it appears to rebel or reject them.

As long as it is done with positive intent to share original ideas, constructively and creativity, there should not be a conflict that you can't resolve in advance.

Is there any ill intent involved?
Are there any other good ideas you could develop at the same time?

It means banned from part of the audience which buys the materials.

I wish some of these individuals I wish to reach would think like you but they don't. I've even asked some pastors and the response gets stranger than that.

The concept of adding or taking away from God's word doesn't bother them.

They have rejected a Christian model for different theological constructs or because it is "business" or it is just the way things are done which doesn't mean it is right.

I've seen Mormon books in the Christian bookstore. I alert the manager and then ask why they have to sell the Mormon book in a Christian bookstore and their answer is they have a contract to sell books from their supplier and they can't deviate from that.

The motive is not ill will. The method is to expose which is Biblical.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Mormons follow the Bible as well as the Book of Mormons.
The whole title of Mormons is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

I wouldn't be offended by it and, on the right people, it would look good. Sadly too many might wear it when it doesn't really fit either in terms of size or demeanor.

Or worse, both.

Cig time. And it ain't important anyway. So I guess I shouldn't have said it.
I ain't going to go look for it, but you were a tad short talking to someone..not sure who it was..Emily...maybe Chuck...maybe Jeri...can't remember... SQUIRREL!
You said "keep it short. Some don't have all day to be here" or some such. I thought it rude.

And the feeling I get from your comments are...negative. Again, big woop.

I like the Shirt, but to me it is for someone to wear in their early 40's or younger.

I will be 62 soon. I'd wear it right now if I had it. Black tank underneath (those arm cutouts look mighty big) and black leggings. Yep. I'd wear it and devil take the hindemost if nobody liked it, lol. Pun intended.;)

Chuck..what issue do you have with Mormon books in a Christian store? Most christian book stores carry lots of tomes that are spiritual and are about Christ. Mormons are chrisitan. Aren't they?

We don't accept Mormonism as true.

Our church hasn't and never will accept Mormonism as Christians or true.

Chuckt do you mean "banned from a church"?

If you do this with ill, deceitful or unforgiving intent, just resolve that first before you act.
Don't surprise people or do things behind their backs, where it appears to rebel or reject them.

As long as it is done with positive intent to share original ideas, constructively and creativity, there should not be a conflict that you can't resolve in advance.

Is there any ill intent involved?
Are there any other good ideas you could develop at the same time?

I wish some of these individuals I wish to reach would think like you but they don't. I've even asked some pastors and the response gets stranger than that.

They have rejected a Christian model for different theological constructs or because it is "business" or it is just the way things are done which doesn't mean it is right.

I've seen Mormon books in the Christian bookstore. I alert the manager and then ask why they have to sell the Mormon book in a Christian bookstore and their answer is they have a contract to sell books from their supplier and they can't deviate from that.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

The sheep know their Father's voice and won't follow anyone else including Mormonism.

Chuck..what issue do you have with Mormon books in a Christian store? Most christian book stores carry lots of tomes that are spiritual and are about Christ. Mormons are chrisitan. Aren't they?

Most religions don't accept other religions as true..even their own.
But since you said OUR church..which one is that?

(Which is why I don't go to church to begin with).

The sheep know their Father's voice and won't follow anyone else including Mormonism.

Of all the people on this earth, God shared that with you, eh?

Every Church in good standing.

Of all the people on this earth, God shared that with you, eh?

Joseph Smith was in jail because of his crime so basically he would be a felon today unlike Jesus who committed no sin. Joseph Smith was a con artist from day one. He was a money digger. I see him no different than the man who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart and some of the other Mormons in jail.

You asked about Mormons being Christian. They claim to be, although they acknowledge they are neither Catholic, Protestant to Orthodox. They are rewriting their beliefs to try to confrm today. Mormons teach God is flesh and bone and one of many, that just touches the differences.

I reply only to address why one would disagree with Mormom books being sold in a Christian bookstore. Not to debate the differences, since even the bookstore mentioned copped out with a business by contract answer.

You asked about Mormons being Christian. They claim to be, although they acknowledge they are neither Catholic, Protestant to Orthodox. They are rewriting their beliefs to try to confrm today. Mormons teach God is flesh and bone and one of many, that just touches the differences.

I reply only to address why one would disagree with Mormom books being sold in a Christian bookstore. Not to debate the differences, since even the bookstore mentioned copped out with a business by contract answer.

The Protestants rewrote their beliefs to confront the theological status quo of their contemporaries and had major differences, but we have no difficulty thinking of them as Christians. Why the double standard with Mormons?
Don't misunderstand.
I think they are crackers and Smith either crazy or crazy like a fox, but they believe in the deity of Christ, so why shouldn't a Christian bookstore sell their stuff?
Much of the rest of what they sell is pretty crazy, too.

ok. But...aren't you judging?

There are a myriad of reasons why we won't accept Mormonism as Christianity and we won't accept Mormonism as a way to heaven but I don't think you and other people want to hear a lot of doctrine.

I've been in church where our interim pastor who is also a theologian (Th.D.) did a whole series on cults and Mormonism was one of them. It doesn't matter who you ask. All the counter-cult and discernment ministries: Christian Research Institute, CARM, Watchman Fellowship and others that you wouldn't know all come out against Mormonism. I've talked to a Rabbi who really doesn't accept Mormonism and I believe most of the Evangelical churches won't accept Mormonism either.

And Yes, I judge. I believe that Christians can judge and quoting half a verse to me "Judge not lest you should be judged" is really a volume control because we're supposed to grow up as Christians, take the beam out of our eye and judge.

Jesus said, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."-John 7:24

We are supposed to test by comparing spiritual things with spiritual: “Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.” (1 Corinthians 2:13) The example is with testing what is excellent with that which differs:

Philippians 1:10 That ye may approve (dokimazo: test as in testing metals) things that are excellent (diaphero: that which differ); that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;

We are testing everything as metal against things that differ.

My Mother In Law works at a Biblical University and doesn't argue this topic of judging with me.

I have articles that I've written about judging but I'm sure you don't want to read it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back