Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't wear it. It's too girlie. I prefer male clothes. but the message is good.

I'd wear it layered with a long sleeve tee under it in black and white. I wouldn't wear it sleeveless. It's a conversation piece. Your sitting outside Starbucks and some young person says what is that message on your t shirt about?

Oh yeah!

I think there's at least one reference to "the LORD" as "my rock" in the OT, but this would only apply indirectly to Christ (if at all).

According to the words attributed to Christ in the Gospels, Peter was "the rock" on which Christ would build his church -- a verse used in Catholic apologetics to sure up the doctrine of Apostolic Succession and to characterize Peter as the first Pope.

All the believers I have known in my life refer to Christ as their rock. Peter is just somebody that Jesus allegedly made the cornerstone of the church.

He has little or nothing to do with who people rely on in a spiritual sense.

All the believers I have known in my life refer to Christ as their rock. Peter is just somebody that Jesus allegedly made the cornerstone of the church.

He has little or nothing to do with who people rely on in a spiritual sense.

Tell that to the world's Catholic population.

Saint Peter still plays a major 'spiritual' role for millions of people.

I think there's at least one reference to "the LORD" as "my rock" in the OT, but this would only apply indirectly to Christ (if at all).

According to the words attributed to Christ in the Gospels, Peter was "the rock" on which Christ would build his church -- a verse used in Catholic apologetics to sure up the doctrine of Apostolic Succession and to characterize Peter as the first Pope.

Jesus is the Chief Cornerstone of the Church. A Cornerstone would be a rock, by definition.

Awesome shirt. The shorts, a little on the short and tight side and don't necessarily jive with modesty...but hey, I'm not complaining.

I really like this tee, and am just curious - would you wear it? Would you like it if you saw it on someone else, or do you think it's inappropriate.

70e6d0d6eca3f95fb95b4e15ed2ae8a8.jpg

Nothing wrong with it.

Jesus is the Chief Cornerstone of the Church. A Cornerstone would be a rock, by definition.

Eph. 2:20

Rock by default. Can't argue against that logic.

I humbly acknowledge the scriptural soundness of referring to Jesus as a "rock", and bow out of this discussion in abject shame.

I actually want to make my own Christian T shirt but one group refused to print it.

I actually want to make my own Christian T shirt but one group refused to print it.

if it was a wedding cake you could have put them out of business....

Maybe I could find a gay t-shirt maker that would refuse to print it but they probably would print this.

Do you know who wrote "The Message" Bible? He didn't translate it because there is no justification for the non-existent words being translated. This is how he feels about the Bible:

EP: I think it's partly our sin. One of the Devil's finest pieces of work is getting people to spend three nights a week in Bible studies.

MH I'm sure that's going to surprise a lot of readers!

A Conversation with Eugene Peterson

I just wanted to put his words on a t-shirt and my motive is not to discourage Bible reading but to show others what E.P. thinks about the Bible. So far one group refused to talk to me about printing it but it is okay for occult terms and symbols to be in "The Message".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back