Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most religions don't accept other religions as true..even their own.
But since you said OUR church..which one is that?

(Which is why I don't go to church to begin with).
You asked about Mormons being Christian. They claim to be, although they acknowledge they are neither Catholic, Protestant to Orthodox. They are rewriting their beliefs to try to confrm today. Mormons teach God is flesh and bone and one of many, that just touches the differences.

I reply only to address why one would disagree with Mormom books being sold in a Christian bookstore. Not to debate the differences, since even the bookstore mentioned copped out with a business by contract answer.

The Protestants rewrote their beliefs to confront the theological status quo of their contemporaries and had major differences, but we have no difficulty thinking of them as Christians. Why the double standard with Mormons?
Don't misunderstand.
I think they are crackers and Smith either crazy or crazy like a fox, but they believe in the deity of Christ, so why shouldn't a Christian bookstore sell their stuff?
Much of the rest of what they sell is pretty crazy, too.

Bruce,

I'm sure you read a wide range of books.
We don't accept liberal books.
I'm sure that you will be able to find a church that is liberal and allows different things but they are places that I and other Christians avoid.

The pastors at church had an online bookstore and I recognized some Mormon authors. I complained and the difficulty level goes up when I go against a pastor. It took some of them a while but they eventually got rid of their online bookstore.

Chuck

Most religions don't accept other religions as true..even their own.
But since you said OUR church..which one is that?

(Which is why I don't go to church to begin with).
You asked about Mormons being Christian. They claim to be, although they acknowledge they are neither Catholic, Protestant to Orthodox. They are rewriting their beliefs to try to confrm today. Mormons teach God is flesh and bone and one of many, that just touches the differences.

I reply only to address why one would disagree with Mormom books being sold in a Christian bookstore. Not to debate the differences, since even the bookstore mentioned copped out with a business by contract answer.

The Protestants rewrote their beliefs to confront the theological status quo of their contemporaries and had major differences, but we have no difficulty thinking of them as Christians. Why the double standard with Mormons?
Don't misunderstand.
I think they are crackers and Smith either crazy or crazy like a fox, but they believe in the deity of Christ, so why shouldn't a Christian bookstore sell their stuff?

They disagree in the deity of Christ. They believe God and Jesus were separate people who died. Protestants protest Catholics, not the deity .

Don't misunderstand.

Bruce,

I'm sure that you will be able to find a church that is liberal and allows different things but they are places that I and other Christians avoid.

The pastors at church had an online bookstore and I recognized some Mormon authors. I complained and the difficulty level goes up when I go against a pastor. It took some of them a while but they eventually got rid of their online bookstore.

Chuck

You managed to close a bookstore.
How proud you must be.

Don't misunderstand.

Bruce,

Chuck

How proud you must be.

Except I didn't force anyone to do anything. I thought I had no effect. It was a while later that they closed it.

We. I hate that WE word. WE are not all alike, Chuck. I consider myself a christian but without the christians. I am a believer in Christ. Not the fools who do the WE thing and pretend they speak for God. You don't. Nobody does.

So, your WE sucks.

Bruce,

Chuck

How proud you must be.

Except I didn't force anyone to do anything. I thought I had no effect. It was a while later that they closed it.
You seemed very pleased with that result.
Why would you be?

I really like this tee, and am just curious - would you wear it? Would you like it if you saw it on someone else, or do you think it's inappropriate.

70e6d0d6eca3f95fb95b4e15ed2ae8a8.jpg

Appropriate for what? Personally, I wouldn't wear it, but I am a fat guy, not a skinny girl.

The sheep know their Father's voice and won't follow anyone else including Mormonism.

Of all the people on this earth, God shared that with you, eh?

Joseph Smith was in jail because of his crime so basically he would be a felon today unlike Jesus who committed no sin. Joseph Smith was a con artist from day one. He was a money digger. I see him no different than the man who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart and some of the other Mormons in jail.
however, he's been dead for over a hundred years.....back when I was in seminary I had a class assignment which required me to attend Catholic, Mormon, and 7th Day Adventist services and write a paper about how their church services contrasted with our own.....

what struck me most, (and what I wrote about) was how similar the services I attended were.....the focus was all about how members need to get out into the community and serve as Christ would......

celebrate what we have in common instead of accentuating the differences.......

ok. But...aren't you judging?

There are a myriad of reasons why we won't accept Mormonism as Christianity and we won't accept Mormonism as a way to heaven but I don't think you and other people want to hear a lot of doctrine.

uh, Reformed Baptist-ism isn't a "way to heaven" either......believing that you are saved by the redeeming act of Christ's sacrifice is......and Mormon's profess to that as part of their doctrine, just as you or I do.......

ok. But...aren't you judging?

There are a myriad of reasons why we won't accept Mormonism as Christianity and we won't accept Mormonism as a way to heaven but I don't think you and other people want to hear a lot of doctrine.

uh, Reformed Baptist-ism isn't a "way to heaven" either......believing that you are saved by the redeeming act of Christ's sacrifice is......and Mormon's profess to that as part of their doctrine, just as you or I do.......

So you get to cherry pick who gets into heaven and who doesn't? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Of all the people on this earth, God shared that with you, eh?

Joseph Smith was in jail because of his crime so basically he would be a felon today unlike Jesus who committed no sin. Joseph Smith was a con artist from day one. He was a money digger. I see him no different than the man who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart and some of the other Mormons in jail.
however, he's been dead for over a hundred years.....back when I was in seminary I had a class assignment which required me to attend Catholic, Mormon, and 7th Day Adventist services and write a paper about how their church services contrasted with our own.....

what struck me most, (and what I wrote about) was how similar the services I attended were.....the focus was all about how members need to get out into the community and serve as Christ would......

celebrate what we have in common instead of accentuating the differences.......

Though I see you generally pointing out differences, I applaud you for this post.
And I share your fetish for small breasted women, though I still think it ironic to sell the Jesus message with blatant sexuality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back