AR 15 used in home defense against intruders

Yeah....the only thing more stupid than a third rate burglar is a numbskull manning an unloaded weapon. To me the fact that it happened proved that individual had no business even being near an AR-15.

Wait a minute... Now the guy is crucified because the gun wasn't loaded? Would you idiots please make up your minds????

I own three guns, a 12 gauge semi, auto Remington shotgun, a .38 S&W Chief's special and a .30 .30 Marlin rifle. I'll guarantee you that when I pull one of them on somebody

1) It Will Be Loaded
2) I Will Use It

You've just accurately described the reason there is no need for that kind of weapon in the hands of the public.

What a moron. He proved precisely the opposite.

What this example shows is that simply brandishing a weapon is enough to scare an intruder off.

Why not?

Also semi automatics work the same way whether it's a rifle or a handgun. One trigger pull, one bullet comes out.

Why do you think it comes out faster from a rifle?

A stupid bastard who will pull an unloaded weapon on an intruder should use a bat. At least that way he won't kill himself.

Most people who are in someone else's house for no good will be armed and will shoot anybody who appears to be about to kill them DUH

I disagree. Most street thieves don't have guns. If they did, they'd sell them for drugs.

If all I had was an empty AR-15 propped in the corner, I'd do the same thing he did. You're not gonna win a gun fight with a baseball bat, and very often just brandishing a weapon ends the encounter.

However this (below) is what I have in my nightstand, loaded with hollowpoints. .38 S&W Centennial in solid stainless steel, tested for +p+ ammo (first generation of this gun).

Just grab and shoot. A very natural pointer, and very easy to shoot at close range. No magazines, and no hammer or safety to mess with. I have a Glock 23 as well, but prefer this as an apartment defense weapon.

SW38Centennial640.jpg

Disagree all you like. Ordinary citizens who have never even had military training have absolutely no business owning or using a weapon which is capable of firing 2 or 3 rounds a second.

Hell....at that rate you can miss a deer 8 or 10 times before a cat can lick it's ass.

Wait a minute... Now the guy is crucified because the gun wasn't loaded? Would you idiots please make up your minds????

I own three guns, a 12 gauge semi, auto Remington shotgun, a .38 S&W Chief's special and a .30 .30 Marlin rifle. I'll guarantee you that when I pull one of them on somebody

1) It Will Be Loaded
2) I Will Use It

You've just accurately described the reason there is no need for that kind of weapon in the hands of the public.

What this example shows is that simply brandishing a weapon is enough to scare an intruder off.

If you have a retarded intruder who can't tell that there isn't a magazine in the gun.

What would have happened if he needed to shoot?

Yeah....the only thing more stupid than a third rate burglar is a numbskull manning an unloaded weapon. To me the fact that it happened proved that individual had no business even being near an AR-15.

If he preferred keeping it unloaded (for whatever reason, maybe kids were around, or he'd just got back from the range, and had it unloaded for travel?). I don't fault him for that. But from the story he just didn't have time to slam a mag in and rack it, so he did what he could do, and it worked.

A stupid bastard who will pull an unloaded weapon on an intruder should use a bat. At least that way he won't kill himself.

Most people who are in someone else's house for no good will be armed and will shoot anybody who appears to be about to kill them DUH

Duh . . . wrong. No one got killed, so your bat theory is ridiculous.

1) It Will Be Loaded
2) I Will Use It

If you have a retarded intruder who can't tell that there isn't a magazine in the gun.

who says he didn't have a magazine in the gun?

What would have happened if he needed to shoot?

The same thing that would have happened if he didn't have a gun in the first place. So where's the downside?

Disagree all you like. Ordinary citizens who have never even had military training have absolutely no business owning or using a weapon which is capable of firing 2 or 3 rounds a second.

Hell....at that rate you can miss a deer 8 or 10 times before a cat can lick it's ass.

You're a moron, and no one believes you ever owned a gun. Millions of hunters have semi-automatic rifles that are capable of firing 2 or 3 rounds a second. You don't need military training to operate a semi-automatic.

1) It Will Be Loaded
2) I Will Use It

Black Plastic AR-15 ,

ar15.jpeg

which makes it theoretically practical for some striking fear on others and be safe for the operator.

I watched the video, and the gun owner said "as a responsible gun owner" he kept the rifle locked and unloaded. I don't know if that meant he put a trigger lock on it, but the bottom line is that before he could "unlock" it and load, the door opened and just the sight of the barrel scared off the perps, who cops say had BB guns.

That's the catch 22 with guns... Folks that try to be safe and keep their home defense gun locked up and unloaded, may not have time to unlock it and load when someone is suddenly breaking though a window. I don't have kids, so can leave a revolver loaded in my bedstand, but if you have kids, it complicates things. Even quick entry safes could slow you down in a stress situation. Also an AR 15 propped against the wall in your bedroom could be grabbed by an intruder sneaking in before you wake up.

Just have to assess your own situation and weapons, and act accordingly.

Last edited:

1) It Will Be Loaded
2) I Will Use It

I'll guarantee you that if some dumb mutherfucker comes into my house(my castle) in the middle of the night to do who knows what to whom...scaring won't be what he gets. I will put two rounds of #6 turkey shot up his ass and the undertaker can try to make the remains presentable enough for an open casket memorial. Have you ever seen an old man who has already had one helluva life really pissed off?

Last edited:

If he preferred keeping it unloaded (for whatever reason, maybe kids were around, or he'd just got back from the range, and had it unloaded for travel?). I don't fault him for that. But from the story he just didn't have time to slam a mag in and rack it, so he did what he could do, and it worked.

Please explain how he could kill himself with an unloaded weapon.

The point was that if the absent minded prick had remembered to load it he would have more than likely hurt himself or some member of his family. That is the kind of person who will leave a weapon and ammunition laying around in the house where anybody can get their hands on it. Can you say, "Another Sandy Hook in Newtown?" You do remember that I take it. One of those six year old children had eleven bullets in or through it and the AR-15 belonged to the shooter's mother. She got hers....she's just as dead as her son.

Last edited:

The point was that if the absent minded prick had remembered to load it he would have more than likely hurt himself or some member of his family. That is the kind of person who will leave a weapon and ammunition laying around in the house where anybody can get their hands on it. Can you say, "Another Sandy Hook in Newtown?" You do remember that I take it. One of those six year old children had eleven bullets in or through it and the AR-15 belonged to his mother.

Are you drunk? Can't read? Both?

If you watch the video it seems like he IS a responsible gun owner, and for all we know could be an Olympic marksman! He said the gun was for sporting use, not home defense.

He said he kept it locked up and unloaded, and you're whining that "he left it laying around for anyone to grab"? This is why it's a waste of time debating libs. They can't read, and have NO common sense.

BTW I was blaming Lanza's mom the very first day. Knowing how unbalanced her son was, even that she was trying to have him committed, she should have had all the guns OUT of the house, but they were not even locked up. If she'd lived, I'd have her on trial, and would hope she'd be sued for all she owned by the families of the victims!

Last edited:

I don't conceed that I am an idiot.

All my guns are loaded, with a round in the chamber, and stashed throughout my house.

This story give a great example of what not to do, even though it worked.

The student said that "being a good gun owner, everything was locked". The gun was unloaded.

However, he didn't have enough time to unlock it and load it, much less chamber a round.

Yes, the intruder ran just because he saw it. However, what if he didn't run?

According to the story the intruders had guns. The intruder may have shot the student, who was defenseless with an unloaded rifle. The intruders could have then also stolen the AR-15.

Although it has a happy ending, the student did the wrong thing.

The rifle should have been unlocked, loaded with a round in the chamber,and be ready to be used in very short notice. This story illustrates how short that notice can be.

If you feel the necessity to keep loaded guns with rounds in the chamber, then all of the rational discussions about gun control are not going to change the irrational fears you must be harboring.

The point was that if the absent minded prick had remembered to load it he would have more than likely hurt himself or some member of his family. That is the kind of person who will leave a weapon and ammunition laying around in the house where anybody can get their hands on it. Can you say, "Another Sandy Hook in Newtown?" You do remember that I take it. One of those six year old children had eleven bullets in or through it and the AR-15 belonged to the shooter's mother. She got hers....she's just as dead as her son.

Even though an AR-15 was not used in the Sandy Hook shootings, handguns were... But why let facts get in the way of your progressive thinking based solely upon fantasy? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGn4o1Lb6L0]Today Show - no rifles used in Newtown shooting. - YouTube[/ame]

All my guns are loaded, with a round in the chamber, and stashed throughout my house.

The student said that "being a good gun owner, everything was locked". The gun was unloaded.

However, he didn't have enough time to unlock it and load it, much less chamber a round.

According to the story the intruders had guns. The intruder may have shot the student, who was defenseless with an unloaded rifle. The intruders could have then also stolen the AR-15.

The rifle should have been unlocked, loaded with a round in the chamber,and be ready to be used in very short notice. This story illustrates how short that notice can be.

If you feel the necessity to keep loaded guns with rounds in the chamber, then all of the rational discussions about gun control are not going to change the irrational fears you must be harboring.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6700904-post230.html

Not all neighborhoods are equal. But I do feel if I lived on the wide open prairie and the buffalo still ran free in massive waves, I would want a assault rifle at home. I don't think all survive but that'll take a lot of them with me will give me some satisfaction. By the way you live in a really scary neighborhood. I mean I've lived on some streets that were totally completely safe, a few times I ran across a neighbor that ran to the front of the property with his loaded gun.

Last edited:

Even though an AR-15 was not used in the Sandy Hook shootings, handguns were... But why let facts get in the way of your progressive thinking based solely upon fantasy? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGn4o1Lb6L0]Today Show - no rifles used in Newtown shooting. - YouTube[/ame]

What a monstrous load of right wing horse shit. The AR-15 was the primary weapon. You people amaze me. If I believed in hell you would burn in it.

Rebelations 21
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will have their part in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Last edited:

:eek:

So you want to limit everyone to single action revolvers? Even then, a skilled shot could probably squeeze off 2 rounds/second with the combination of the proper gun and ammo.

What a monstrous load of right wing horse shit. The AR-15 was the primary weapon. ....

Yes, you are correct:
From the latest update of the Connecticut State Police website:
despp: ** UPDATE ** State Police Identify Weapons in Sandy Hook Investigation

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 18, 2013

** UPDATE **

STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION;
INVESTIGATION CONTINUES

In previous press conferences, the Connecticut State Police clearly identified all of the weapons seized from the crime scene at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

To eliminate any confusion or misinformation, we will again describe and identify the weapons seized at the school crime scene.

Seized inside the school:

#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber-- model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round magazine

#2. Glock 10 mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun

Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)

This case remains under investigation.

Lt. J. Paul Vance

Forum List

Back