AR 15 used in home defense against intruders

All my guns are loaded, with a round in the chamber, and stashed throughout my house.

This story give a great example of what not to do, even though it worked.

The student said that "being a good gun owner, everything was locked". The gun was unloaded.

However, he didn't have enough time to unlock it and load it, much less chamber a round.

Yes, the intruder ran just because he saw it. However, what if he didn't run?

According to the story the intruders had guns. The intruder may have shot the student, who was defenseless with an unloaded rifle. The intruders could have then also stolen the AR-15.

Although it has a happy ending, the student did the wrong thing.

The rifle should have been unlocked, loaded with a round in the chamber,and be ready to be used in very short notice. This story illustrates how short that notice can be.

Mike, I also have a few loaded handguns laying around the house. It's normal around here to find a handgun on the dining room table, the kitchen counter, the nightstand, my wife's purse, my desk etc wherever it has been set down by whomever was using it, kind of like how I would imagine lots of folks treat their keys when they come home. I also have a loaded 12 gauge pump in my gun cabinet which has glass doors and no lock.

The only lock I have installed is a locking door knob on our bedroom door and if there are going to be children in the house then I go around the place and pickup whatever needs to be moved and toss it on the bed or some other handy spot and lock the door. It's not unlike finding any other tool or other often used item laying out or about.

many of our guns are loaded too and accessible at various points in the house. whats the point of having them for self defense if they are unloaded and locked away?

I repeat....there is no need for ordinary citizens to own military style weapons. Next thing we know you all will want your own cruise missle.

923strawman.jpg

I repeat....there is no need for ordinary citizens to own military style weapons. Next thing we know you all will want your own cruise missle.

That is an absurd arguement.

The military use numerous types of weapon that civilians use.

They use Glock 9 mms, Beretta 9 mms .45 acp handguns, knives, and all sorts of rifles.

What's wrong with using a weapon that the military uses? :eek:

When will you folks be wanting cruise missles.

Assault weapons were banned in the mid 90's. Get your drawers down......it's coming again.

There is no such thing as an assault weapon.

There are assault rifles, but those, which have selective fire options, are already heavily regulated.

'Assault weapon' is nothing more than puffery, marketing mumbojumbo with no actual meaning

Assault weapons were banned in the mid 90's

And yet our crime rates are lower now than they were when the ban was in effect. So I guess that ban didn't accomplish anything....

Unless... defenceless victims were the goal, i which case it worked beautifully

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know what an Assault Rifle is, the first one was the German MP 44. Now it's mostly people who don't know much or anything at all calling anything that looks scary to them an assault weapon! It's almost comical...they ought to as (Mudwhislte says) just call them Scary looking Bang Bangs!

Forum List

Back