AR 15 used in home defense against intruders

The other side of that story could be if it had been loaded and the homeowner had fired. If he had missed, which is likely, he could have shot up the house across the street. Walk off 600 feet from your living room to your neighborhood...and get back to us.

An AR-15 hollow point penetrates less than a handgun or a shotgun.

Disagree all you like. Ordinary citizens who have never even had military training have absolutely no business owning or using a weapon which is capable of firing 2 or 3 rounds a second.

Hell....at that rate you can miss a deer 8 or 10 times before a cat can lick it's ass.

:eek:

So you want to limit everyone to single action revolvers? Even then, a skilled shot could probably squeeze off 2 rounds/second with the combination of the proper gun and ammo.

I repeat....there is no need for ordinary citizens to own military style weapons. Next thing we know you all will want your own cruise missle.

Disagree all you like. Ordinary citizens who have never even had military training have absolutely no business owning or using a weapon which is capable of firing 2 or 3 rounds a second.

Hell....at that rate you can miss a deer 8 or 10 times before a cat can lick it's ass.

So you want to limit everyone to single action revolvers? Even then, a skilled shot could probably squeeze off 2 rounds/second with the combination of the proper gun and ammo.

I repeat....there is no need for ordinary citizens to own military style weapons. Next thing we know you all will want your own cruise missle.

That is an absurd arguement.

The military use numerous types of weapon that civilians use.

They use Glock 9 mms, Beretta 9 mms .45 acp handguns, knives, and all sorts of rifles.

What's wrong with using a weapon that the military uses? :eek:

The other side of that story could be if it had been loaded and the homeowner had fired. If he had missed, which is likely, he could have shot up the house across the street. Walk off 600 feet from your living room to your neighborhood...and get back to us.

Not really because AR-15 frangible or hollow point bullets penetrate less than most handguns or shotguns.

They use Glock 9 mms, Beretta 9 mms .45 acp handguns, knives, and all sorts of rifles.

When will you folks be wanting cruise missles.

Assault weapons were banned in the mid 90's. Get your drawers down......it's coming again.

Last edited:

Assault weapons were banned in the mid 90's. Get your drawers down......it's coming again.

1. stoopid analogy

2. no they were not

3. no they will not

1. stoopid analogy

2. no they were not

3. no they will not

We'll see.

I remember when mothers of children who had been killed in auto accidents formed MADD. Before that drunk driving was a slap on the hands and guys used to brag about how many times they had driven an automobile so drunk that they passed out at the wheel. Pay attention...yiour ass can go up for a year for driving drunk now.

Do you think the parents of those five and six year olds who were shot repeatedly with an automatic rifle are about to soon forget that useless bastard who picked up his mother's rifle and loaded an extended capacity clip and slaughtered their children? You people have just pushed too far.

Last edited:
Last edited:
1. stoopid analogy

2. no they were not

3. no they will not

We'll see.

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

likely any new legislation will be similar to the 1994 law

big deal

reply to your edit

you people?

racist

LMAO!! Last I heard the NRA would take dues from anybody.....even a white male:

I remember when mothers of children who had been killed in auto accidents formed MADD. Before that drunk driving was a slap on the wrists and guys used to brag about how many times they had driven an automobile so drunk that they passed out at the wheel. Pay attention...yiour ass can go up for a year for driving drunk now.

Do you think the parents of those five and six year olds who were shot repeatedly with an automatic rifle are about to soon forget that useless bastard who picked up his mother's rifle and loaded an extended capacity clip and slaughtered their children? You people have just pushed too far:

"Officials haven’t said exactly how many bullets Lanza used but from information they’ve leaked or released so far, you can do a rough calculation. According to the Hartford Courant’s sources, Lanza fired at least four 30-round magazines. Wayne Carver, Connecticut’s chief medical examiner, says Lanza pumped 3 to 11 bullets into each of the seven children Carver examined. If you average that rate across the 20 dead kids, it adds up to 140 bullets. That’s not counting the six rounds Lanza used to blow open the front doors, or any of the bullets he spent on teachers. We’re already talking more than 150 shots. And we haven’t even started counting the misses"

Last edited:
We'll see.

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

likely any new legislation will be similar to the 1994 law

big deal

reply to your edit

you people?

racist

LMAO!! Last I heard the NRA would take dues from anybody.....even a white male:

I remember when mothers of children who had been killed in auto accidents formed MADD. Before that drunk driving was a slap on the wrists and guys used to brag about how many times they had driven an automobile so drunk that they passed out at the wheel. Pay attention...yiour ass can go up for a year for driving drunk now.

Do you think the parents of those five and six year olds who were shot repeatedly with an automatic rifle are about to soon forget that useless bastard who picked up his mother's rifle and loaded an extended capacity clip and slaughtered their children? You people have just pushed too far:

"Officials haven’t said exactly how many bullets Lanza used but from information they’ve leaked or released so far, you can do a rough calculation. According to the Hartford Courant’s sources, Lanza fired at least four 30-round magazines. Wayne Carver, Connecticut’s chief medical examiner, says Lanza pumped 3 to 11 bullets into each of the seven children Carver examined. If you average that rate across the 20 dead kids, it adds up to 140 bullets. That’s not counting the six rounds Lanza used to blow open the front doors, or any of the bullets he spent on teachers. We’re already talking more than 150 shots. And we haven’t even started counting the misses"

I haven't pushed anything asswipe

I caught a guy breaking into a side bedroom window one day. As he started to climb into the house I stepped around the corner of the door jamb and pointed a .357 at him. He looked at me for a split second, his eyes went wide and he bolted. I ran to the front door and as he was running away across the front yard I put a round into the ground a few feet behind him. I was sure surprised at how much faster that Mexican could run when he heard the report because he was already moving pretty darn fast. A few moments later the thought hit me that I may have committed a crime by firing the warning shot, I dunno. ~shrug~

I may have committed a crime: Technically yes... The use of deadly force only applies when your life is threatened, that doesn't mean you can't sacrifice a butter knife and place it into the criminals dead hand before the cops show up... "Officer, I thought it was a gun, but he was coming at me so fast".:eusa_whistle:

I understand what you are saying and I have owned guns personally since I was 12 years old. I was also in the military and have come to grips with firing on other people. But I still retain the desire to never have to harm another person without cause.

I caught a guy breaking into a side bedroom window one day. As he started to climb into the house I stepped around the corner of the door jamb and pointed a .357 at him. He looked at me for a split second, his eyes went wide and he bolted. I ran to the front door and as he was running away across the front yard I put a round into the ground a few feet behind him. I was sure surprised at how much faster that Mexican could run when he heard the report because he was already moving pretty darn fast. A few moments later the thought hit me that I may have committed a crime by firing the warning shot, I dunno. ~shrug~

In Michigan you would have committed a crime.

You can only discharge a firearm if a "reasonable person" would believe his life is in danger or someone else's life is in danger.

If he was running away you couldn't make that case.

In any case I'm glad the whole incident worked out well for you.

Thank you sir.

And things like this happen frequently but are rarely reported. my neighbor own a pet store. he had someone try to rob him 2 years ago. they took off when he pulled his gun. all that made the papers though was the report of an attempted robbery

Yeah....the only thing more stupid than a third rate burglar is a numbskull manning an unloaded weapon. To me the fact that it happened proved that individual had no business even being near an AR-15.

Wait a minute... Now the guy is crucified because the gun wasn't loaded? Would you idiots please make up your minds????

I own three guns, a 12 gauge semi, auto Remington shotgun, a .38 S&W Chief's special and a .30 .30 Marlin rifle. I'll guarantee you that when I pull one of them on somebody

1) It Will Be Loaded
2) I Will Use It

You've just accurately described the reason there is no need for that kind of weapon in the hands of the public.
How, exactly, did he do that?

All my guns are loaded, with a round in the chamber, and stashed throughout my house.

This story give a great example of what not to do, even though it worked.

The student said that "being a good gun owner, everything was locked". The gun was unloaded.

However, he didn't have enough time to unlock it and load it, much less chamber a round.

Yes, the intruder ran just because he saw it. However, what if he didn't run?

According to the story the intruders had guns. The intruder may have shot the student, who was defenseless with an unloaded rifle. The intruders could have then also stolen the AR-15.

Although it has a happy ending, the student did the wrong thing.

The rifle should have been unlocked, loaded with a round in the chamber,and be ready to be used in very short notice. This story illustrates how short that notice can be.

Mike, I also have a few loaded handguns laying around the house. It's normal around here to find a handgun on the dining room table, the kitchen counter, the nightstand, my wife's purse, my desk etc wherever it has been set down by whomever was using it, kind of like how I would imagine lots of folks treat their keys when they come home. I also have a loaded 12 gauge pump in my gun cabinet which has glass doors and no lock.

The only lock I have installed is a locking door knob on our bedroom door and if there are going to be children in the house then I go around the place and pickup whatever needs to be moved and toss it on the bed or some other handy spot and lock the door. It's not unlike finding any other tool or other often used item laying out or about.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back