Arctic Sea Ice

From your beloved NASA site.

NASA - NASA Examines Arctic Sea Ice Changes Leading to Record Low in 2007

Nghiem said the rapid decline in winter perennial ice the past two years was caused by unusual winds. "Unusual atmospheric conditions set up wind patterns that compressed the sea ice, loaded it into the Transpolar Drift Stream and then sped its flow out of the Arctic," he said. When that sea ice reached lower latitudes, it rapidly melted in the warmer waters.

"The winds causing this trend in ice reduction were set up by an unusual pattern of atmospheric pressure that began at the beginning of this century," Nghiem said.

Began at the beginning of the century, which was 50 years into the CO2 emmissions of the industrial revolution.

No, this amount of degradation of Arctic Ice is not cyclical. And there was less ice by volume in 2008 than in 2007. Just thinner and covered a larger area.

Bluegreen algea are insignificant, but they changed the content of the atmosphere two billion years ago.
Palaeos Earth: Atmosphere: Oxygen

That you are an ignorant individual is readily apparent, as is the fact that you desire to remain in that condition.

Grasping at straws is what this is called ... :eusa_whistle:

Silly girl. You may know programing, but your ignorance is woefully apperant in other areas. But rather than change that situation, you prefer play the comic. Grow up, beyond adolescence, willful ignorance is ugly.

Funny thing about programming, it requires a grasp of mathematics, very complex mathematics (well it use to before the new OS's made it too easy). It also requires thinking with more than just one brain cell at a time. The capability of using logic over all other aspects of life, to see how everything connects at once instead of focusing on one tiny little portion of the machine. (Still talking long time ago) This ability does not end with programming, if you love computers as much as I do you start to think like one, making connections to form big pictures, seeing how each part works within the whole and how the whole responds to each part. This is where you lack ability, you see one part and ignore the whole, you ignore all the parts around that one part, and you ignore how they interact with each other.

I will give you an example using the computer, since I know it so well, and then parallel it to your "expertise" (believe it when I see it). When you are using a computer you focus on the one application at a time, typing or clicking away seeing it's response to your input. When I am using a computer I see how the keyboard relays the info for the key I just pressed in my mind, how the hardware translates that into binary code (though I picture hex code really), how the hardware then stores it in a buffer in the CPU through (and I do mean how, electrical currents going through specific connections). Then how the OS reads that buffer and pops it off, which then that information is routed to the application that has the current focus, managed by the OS's thread manager usually, though it's not always the one you see on your desktop, sometimes there are helper apps running to, each one checking to see if they need to respond to the key press, if not the OS continues down until it gets to the application that has focus ...

Well you get the hint. With the environment I see almost the same thing, how ocean temperatures influence the winds and how the winds influence the currents, how the land transmits the heat, how the life forms effect the land ... etc, etc, etc, and so does everyone else who sees your hoax for what it is. What you see is how the ice is melting. Not the why, not all factors effecting the ice, not how life interacts with the ice, not even why the ice is there ... just that the ice is melting. Here's the question ... so what?

Grasping at straws is what this is called ... :eusa_whistle:

Silly girl. You may know programing, but your ignorance is woefully apperant in other areas. But rather than change that situation, you prefer play the comic. Grow up, beyond adolescence, willful ignorance is ugly.

Funny thing about programming, it requires a grasp of mathematics, very complex mathematics (well it use to before the new OS's made it too easy). It also requires thinking with more than just one brain cell at a time. The capability of using logic over all other aspects of life, to see how everything connects at once instead of focusing on one tiny little portion of the machine. (Still talking long time ago) This ability does not end with programming, if you love computers as much as I do you start to think like one, making connections to form big pictures, seeing how each part works within the whole and how the whole responds to each part. This is where you lack ability, you see one part and ignore the whole, you ignore all the parts around that one part, and you ignore how they interact with each other.

I will give you an example using the computer, since I know it so well, and then parallel it to your "expertise" (believe it when I see it). When you are using a computer you focus on the one application at a time, typing or clicking away seeing it's response to your input. When I am using a computer I see how the keyboard relays the info for the key I just pressed in my mind, how the hardware translates that into binary code (though I picture hex code really), how the hardware then stores it in a buffer in the CPU through (and I do mean how, electrical currents going through specific connections). Then how the OS reads that buffer and pops it off, which then that information is routed to the application that has the current focus, managed by the OS's thread manager usually, though it's not always the one you see on your desktop, sometimes there are helper apps running to, each one checking to see if they need to respond to the key press, if not the OS continues down until it gets to the application that has focus ...

Well you get the hint. With the environment I see almost the same thing, how ocean temperatures influence the winds and how the winds influence the currents, how the land transmits the heat, how the life forms effect the land ... etc, etc, etc, and so does everyone else who sees your hoax for what it is. What you see is how the ice is melting. Not the why, not all factors effecting the ice, not how life interacts with the ice, not even why the ice is there ... just that the ice is melting. Here's the question ... so what?

Kitten, you are full of it. No, you do not see these things for you have demonstrated a profound ignorance of all too many of the very things that you post about.

Kitten, you are full of it. No, you do not see these things for you have demonstrated a profound ignorance of all too many of the very things that you post about.

Really .. point to one post where I only pay attention to "ice melting" and ignore all other data?

Really .. point to one post where I only pay attention to "ice melting" and ignore all other data?

Report 1: Physical Evidence

Study reveals growing evidence of global warming

http://www.aps.org/policy/statements/07_1

.cfmhttp://www.gcrio.org/OnLnDoc/pdf/global_warming030101.pdf

Climate Change: Global Warming

If you look at these sites you will see that it is not just ice melting. Ice is the most visible and has the fastest feedbacks, but , if you bother to look, you can see the other affects the scientists are seeing right now.

A heavily recoverd sea ice extent in March 2009. If the sun keeps blanking on sunspots and the cooling continues this ice will thicken by next winter.

npseaice_ams_2009074.jpg

Last edited:

Report 1: Physical Evidence

Study reveals growing evidence of global warming

http://www.aps.org/policy/statements/07_1

.cfmhttp://www.gcrio.org/OnLnDoc/pdf/global_warming030101.pdf

Climate Change: Global Warming

If you look at these sites you will see that it is not just ice melting. Ice is the most visible and has the fastest feedbacks, but , if you bother to look, you can see the other affects the scientists are seeing right now.

That's all still not all the data, it's only the data that agrees with your hoax, and even then, it till focuses only on ... ice melting ...

A heavily recoverd sea ice extent in March 2009. If the sun keeps blanking on sunspots and the cooling continues this ice will thicken by next winter.

npseaice_ams_2009074.jpg

That image looks pretty recent
Do you have one from say 1700 or maybe even a older one say when Christ was walking around:cuckoo::cuckoo:

If we had a duplicate image from around 1300 you would see hardly any ice visible.

I do believe horse-drawn SUVS were a big problem back then though...

npseaice_ams_2009074.jpg

That image looks pretty recent
Do you have one from say 1700 or maybe even a older one say when Christ was walking around:cuckoo::cuckoo:

If we had a duplicate image from around 1300 you would see hardly any ice visible.

I do believe horse-drawn SUVS were a big problem back then though...

Damn those horses for releasing all that methane!

All you can do is insult and change the subject because the facts are irrefutable.

CO2 causes the earth to retain heat.

We are adding 8 billion tons of CO2 to the atmosphere every year.

All you can do is insult and change the subject because the facts are irrefutable.

Funny thing I haven't bothered asking yet because it's been too fun bashing you environuts with your own "facts" ... how do we know how much we are putting out?

Read along now...

More Carbon Dioxide, Please « Watts Up With That?

Changing the subject again.

You can't deny the fact that CO2 causes the earth to retain heat, or that we are adding billions of tons of CO2 to the atmosphere every year.

Funny thing I haven't bothered asking yet because it's been too fun bashing you environuts with your own "facts" ... how do we know how much we are putting out?

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL ... wiki ... wiki is the most accurate source. Really ... do they trap all the CO2 and weigh it every year? Tell me, how we know exactly how much we are putting in the atmosphere ... and no, I don't click wikikrapia sources.

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh good Lord now you are using Wiki!

You have sunk to a new low sir...

Forum List

Back