Zone1 Are any Christians here interested to know WHY Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah?

So you agree that it isn’t necessarily true that “Jesus is the truth” (whatever that means)? Good! We agree that people of different religions have different beliefs, and that one is not necessarily more true than another.

If I said that Christianity is a religious cult with no relationship to Judaism, how would you react?
With Scripture. The books of Romans and Galatians explain very well how Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism.

So you agree that it isn’t necessarily true that “Jesus is the truth” (whatever that means)? Good! We agree that people of different religions have different beliefs, and that one is not necessarily more true than another.
I agree that there are many religious philosophies. However, Jesus is the only way to God.

I agree that there are many religious philosophies. However, Jesus is the only way to God.
Pfffft. Says YOU. How arrogant and intolerant of others’ beliefs. You remind me of liberals: it’s my way or the highway!

With Scripture. The books of Romans and Galatians explain very well how Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism.
And the Mormons would say that the book of Mormon explains how Mormonism is the fulfillment of Christianity. If you support your religion by citing books that require that you be an adherent of your religion then you have a circular bit of reasoning.

And the Mormons would say that the book of Mormon explains how Mormonism is the fulfillment of Christianity. If you support your religion by citing books that require that you be an adherent of your religion then you have a circular bit of reasoning.
Why do people like BS Filter keep insisting that everyone goes to hell unless they abandon their religions? It’s so intolerant. Judaism is much better - recognizing that we have a tolerant, forgiving Gd who welcomes all good, righteous people.

Why do people like BS Filter keep insisting that everyone goes to hell unless they abandon their religions? It’s so intolerant. Judaism is much better - recognizing that we have a tolerant, forgiving Gd who welcomes all good, righteous people.
I have made peace with the idea that people in other religions have a "my way or the highway" approach. What I can't figure out is why they are surprised that the threat happens to mean nothing to me.

I have made peace with the idea that people in other religions have a "my way or the highway" approach. What I can't figure out is why they are surprised that the threat happens to mean nothing to me.
Yes, it makes no sense. I had an evangelical couple after me for YEARS, and the wife kept warning me how in the NT it says that the “only way to the Father is through the Son.” She just couldn’t understand why that held no sway.

The Bible is the authority. The book of Mormon doesn't agree with Scripture. What book is the authority of your religion?

The Bible is the authority. The book of Mormon doesn't agree with Scripture. What book is the authority of your religion?
Our Torah has 2 components, a written one, often called the TaNaCh (an acronym based on the three subsections' Hebrew names) and the oral one (which has been written down and its commentaries are still evolving and being developed). The authority for law rests with the legal codes like the Shulchan Aruch but there are different traditions and opinions within Judaism so there are subtle differences between communities.

As the gospels don't agree with content of both the written and oral laws, they have no authority.

Our Torah has 2 components, a written one, often called the TaNaCh (an acronym based on the three subsections' Hebrew names) and the oral one (which has been written down and its commentaries are still evolving and being developed). The authority for law rests with the legal codes like the Shulchan Aruch but there are different traditions and opinions within Judaism so there are subtle differences between communities.

As the gospels don't agree with content of both the written and oral laws, they have no authority.
Do you have an example of the gospels not agreeing?

Do you have an example of the gospels not agreeing?
Besides the Hebrews statement which doesn't reflect what is in Leviticus? Sure.

Under Jewish law, Jesus was not guilty of any crime which required capital punishment, the form of execution would never be acceptable in a Jewish community and the process of the "trial" is not reflective of an actual Jewish trial.

Under Jewish law, Jesus was not guilty of any crime which required capital punishment, the form of execution would never be acceptable in a Jewish community and the process of the "trial" is not reflective of an actual Jewish trial.

We disagree on the Hebrews Scripture. Wasn't blasphemy punished by death?

Forum List

Back