Are democrats high?

The roads, schools, hospitals, universities, state parks, prisons, water treatment plants, pension funds and police forces in Wisconsin must all be gold plated.

Or Walker wants to keep living in the govenor's mansion.

or the govt is run well, shut is done on budget and he had a surplus to give back To taxpayers

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is sending 671,000 families an election-year check. Democrats call it bribery.

To Gov. Scott Walker (R), who drove the one-time tax payout into law, it's a chance to turn a state budget surplus into a bonus for parents who could use extra cash. To his critics, who note that Walker is a few months away from a tough reelection bid, it looks like campaign-year bribery of the up to 671,000 families who could receive checks.

Are they really serious......that is the entire democrat playbook.......they have a surplus, hes giving the people checks......see what happens when you run government well....the gov actually can give back money.

I mean to mock giving people money, are the democrats really high, enough to criticize their entire playbook since FDR?
I can't read it cuz of ad blockers. How much is the check for?
It's like $100, it's not a ton....but for a lot of people, it'll help, but I cant believe the democrats are going off about it. They are getting it because the govt has a surplus
That's pretty cool. When our state has a surplus, they put it in a "rainy day" fund, but there are a lot of restrictions on what "rainy day" money can be used for, so when there's something we need, we can't usually use it anyway.
Good for Gov. Walker. Sure it's an election tactic, but it's also pretty awesome when a state collects your money and doesn't need it all, they give it back. Maybe he'll start a trend.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is sending 671,000 families an election-year check. Democrats call it bribery.

To Gov. Scott Walker (R), who drove the one-time tax payout into law, it's a chance to turn a state budget surplus into a bonus for parents who could use extra cash. To his critics, who note that Walker is a few months away from a tough reelection bid, it looks like campaign-year bribery of the up to 671,000 families who could receive checks.

Are they really serious......that is the entire democrat playbook.......they have a surplus, hes giving the people checks......see what happens when you run government well....the gov actually can give back money.

I mean to mock giving people money, are the democrats really high, enough to criticize their entire playbook since FDR?
It's like $100, it's not a ton....but for a lot of people, it'll help, but I cant believe the democrats are going off about it. They are getting it because the govt has a surplus
That's pretty cool. When our state has a surplus, they put it in a "rainy day" fund, but there are a lot of restrictions on what "rainy day" money can be used for, so when there's something we need, we can't usually use it anyway.
Good for Gov. Walker. Sure it's an election tactic, but it's also pretty awesome when a state collects your money and doesn't need it all, they give it back. Maybe he'll start a trend.
I agree, I hope more states do that, and I hope more states get their budget to a point they can do that.

It's like $100, it's not a ton

its $100 per child

sounds like an excellent idea - send money back to the people rather than wasting it on another program

I appreciate your even handed reaction to this, but it has to be said...

liberal logic 101

perpetual handouts through a government program = "sound policy"
taxes collected in ecxess distributed back to the folks = "bribery"

koIbuP7.gif

There is no check, just a tax rebate of one hundred dollars and a sales tax holiday for school stuff, the same stuff Missouri does except in Missouri they rebate real estate taxes if you have under ten acres and are a senior, so that screws me. I have 43 acres..
Good times isn’t it? I have 12+. Screwed.

There is no check, just a tax rebate of one hundred dollars and a sales tax holiday for school stuff, the same stuff Missouri does except in Missouri they rebate real estate taxes if you have under ten acres and are a senior, so that screws me. I have 43 acres..
Eh, let the lower cast have their crumbs. In 18 months I plan on expanding my domain of rocks.

Eh, let the lower cast have their crumbs.
Nancy is that you????

they put it in a "rainy day" fund

More commonly known as...
During the presidential debate, Vice President Gore told the nation, “I will keep Social Security in a lockbox, and that pays down the national debt.” Well, which is it? If you take the Social Security surplus each year and use it to pay down the national debt, you’re not exactly keeping Social Security funds in a lockbox.

Al Gore’s Social Security Confusion

There is no "rainy day" fund...
There is no "lockbox"...

I appreciate your even handed reaction to this, but it has to be said...

liberal logic 101

perpetual handouts through a government program = "sound policy"
taxes collected in ecxess distributed back to the folks = "bribery"

koIbuP7.gif
I'm not a Democrat.

they put it in a "rainy day" fund

More commonly known as...
During the presidential debate, Vice President Gore told the nation, “I will keep Social Security in a lockbox, and that pays down the national debt.” Well, which is it? If you take the Social Security surplus each year and use it to pay down the national debt, you’re not exactly keeping Social Security funds in a lockbox.

Al Gore’s Social Security Confusion

There is no "rainy day" fund...
There is no "lockbox"...
I think we're talking about state budgets, unless I've become totally lost. My state does indeed have a rainy day fund.
The budget stabilization fund — also known as the rainy day fund — is the first place the treasurer turns to when the General Fund balance goes below zero. It is designed to avoid drastic cuts in services or tax increases to balance the budget when the economy goes slack. During the 2008 recession, the rainy day fund was depleted to less than $200,000 but since then has been built back up to a current balance of about $122 million.
Thanks mostly to LePage, Maine has a record $1 billion in the bank

Eh, let the lower cast have their crumbs.
Nancy is that you????
Only when they are orts.

You are definitely more trusting than I am... When a Government takes more than they need and does not return it to the folks they took it from... color it gone... Like a temporary tax... Think about it... Very few states run a surplus (make money), Alaska used to... And they distributed the surplus amongst qualified residents... Next time the state of Maine has a massive expenditure and they need to raise money, see if they don't raise taxes... What happened to the "rainy day" fund?

"Rainy day" funds are secretly "slush funds"... They buy vote's for the party in power pet projects... Need a new bridge in your district? No problem... Just get me the votes for that new afterschool program I am trying to get passed... It's the way the sausage is made...

The budget stabilization fund — also known as the rainy day fund — is the first place the treasurer turns to when the General Fund balance goes below zero. It is designed to avoid drastic cuts in services or tax increases to balance the budget when the economy goes slack. During the 2008 recession, the rainy day fund was depleted to less than $200,000 but since then has been built back up to a current balance of about $122 million.
Thanks mostly to LePage, Maine has a record $1 billion in the bank

You trust politicians to be financial wizards? They should make a budget... Vote on it... Live by it... And if by chance there is any left, send it back to the taxpayer... Not put it in a "rainy slushy box" somewhere it can be passed on to the next administration who might not be as "Honest"...

Forum List

Back