Are gag orders constitutional?

You said threats are illegal. Nothing about “absolute” I stated that is incorrect and now it’s goalpost moving from you

Threats are illegal, if there are witnesses.

This entire thread is about whether gag orders are unconstitutional. Whether the 1st amendment is absolute or not is THE question.

This entire thread is about whether gag orders are unconstitutional. Whether the 1st amendment is absolute or not is THE question.

What will be interesting is if antagonistic posts similar in concept to "Will someone rid me of this meddlesome priest" would be viewed as threats or inciting others to commit violence.

The "But, your Honor, I never asked anyone to commit violence..." defense.

WW

No one says it is absolute. Post the post number that statement was made?

It was an example of restrictions that can be placed on Free Speech. And actually, I did provide an explanation. More than once.

So now, how about answering my question?
Why can’t one yell fire in a crowded theater?

What will be interesting is if antagonistic posts similar in concept to "Will someone rid me of this meddlesome priest" would be viewed as threats or inciting others to commit violence.

The "But, your Honor, I never asked anyone to commit violence..." defense.

WW
Threats have different categories, demofks again can’t grasp concepts! To not categorize them is baseless

Lets ignore the peaches-and-chief for a minute. Lets forget him and his gag orders. This is a general question.
Are gag orders constitutional? How can ones speech be silenced with threat of hefty fines, jail, imprisoned to their home etc for talking about the government?
I know there is a Supreme court case about it, but that doesnt really mean anything in this thread. They also said it was constitutional for the tyrant FDR to imprison citizens simply for their heritage, forcing people to salute the flag was constitutional, and a state saying a black and white person couldnt get married was legal :rolleyes:
Again, please leave trump out of this. I know TDS is a serious mental condition, but damn..
In America 2.0, there’s no Constitution

Lets ignore the peaches-and-chief for a minute. Lets forget him and his gag orders. This is a general question.
Are gag orders constitutional? How can ones speech be silenced with threat of hefty fines, jail, imprisoned to their home etc for talking about the government?
I know there is a Supreme court case about it, but that doesnt really mean anything in this thread. They also said it was constitutional for the tyrant FDR to imprison citizens simply for their heritage, forcing people to salute the flag was constitutional, and a state saying a black and white person couldnt get married was legal :rolleyes:
Again, please leave trump out of this. I know TDS is a serious mental condition, but damn..

Divulging state secrets.
Violating an NDA.

That gives you 4 exceptions. Actually, only 1 was needed.
Apparently it doesn't matter to so called "democrats". Like a slimy snake, the democrats shed their skin and they have abandoned democracy and became authoritarians and fear their autocracy is at stake if WE questions them...ya think?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back