Are globalized corporations unamerican?

So worrying about the gov't, where most agencies are not subject to elections, is paranoid but worrying about corporations, which stand elections every day in the form of consumers' choice to buy or not, is not paranoid?
Does the disconnect here ever bother you?

Yes it is. Unless you are worried about a coup by the CIA or something, Our leaders are freely elected by the people of this country. THEY make the rules for those other entities.

Corporations stand elections every day? What a fucking crock. They lobby for protections that you and I don't have, they buy politicians so they don't have to face those Daily Elections that you speak of. They squash Competition and become so big and bloated that they rival the government you hate so much.

They scare me 10X the amount that a Democratically elected government does. They are above the government. Some say... they OWN the government. Our power is in our vote, not our corporations.

Who knew the Singer sewing machine company was un-American in 1890 when it became the first U.S. manufacturing company to establish factories overseas.........

Globalized. You bet they are... They own half of the economy's.. and to think our own government allowed for it to happen. Regulation and deregulation equal total corruption.
My opinion, get on the Tea Party ban wagon if you want to help stop it.

PS: Watch, Food Inc.

So worrying about the gov't, where most agencies are not subject to elections, is paranoid but worrying about corporations, which stand elections every day in the form of consumers' choice to buy or not, is not paranoid?

Yes it is. Unless you are worried about a coup by the CIA or something, Our leaders are freely elected by the people of this country. THEY make the rules for those other entities.

Corporations stand elections every day? What a fucking crock. They lobby for protections that you and I don't have, they buy politicians so they don't have to face those Daily Elections that you speak of. They squash Competition and become so big and bloated that they rival the government you hate so much.

They scare me 10X the amount that a Democratically elected government does. They are above the government. Some say... they OWN the government. Our power is in our vote, not our corporations.

Just how stupid are you?
Obamacare calls for hundreds of rules that will shape the basic legislation. All of them will be written by people who are totally unaccountable to anyone.
But you make a basic contradiction: If our leaders are freely elected then how can they be bought by corporations?
It's one or the other, pal.

Just how stupid are you?
Obamacare calls for hundreds of rules that will shape the basic legislation. All of them will be written by people who are totally unaccountable to anyone.
But you make a basic contradiction: If our leaders are freely elected then how can they be bought by corporations?

not half as stupid as you.

Just how stupid are you?

not half as stupid as you.
I'm not the one maintaining BOTh that gov't is subject to free and fair elections AND corporations own the government.

Just how stupid are you?

We are only given a choice by a party... The faces don't make much of a difference.
Unless we hit the levers for Tea Party Candidates. Then we will have our say.

WITH corporations America IS collapsing. BECAUSE of too strong a Business community America IS withering.

actually, liberal, we are in a great recession because American business is very weak and losing ground against international competition.

The solution is supply side economics, i.e., get the liberal government off their backs so they can supply goods and services to make the economy boom and put people back to work!!

WITH corporations America IS collapsing. BECAUSE of too strong a Business community America IS withering.

actually, liberal, we are in a great recession because American business is very weak and losing ground against international competition.

The solution is supply side economics, i.e., get the liberal government off their backs so they can supply goods and services to make the economy boom and put people back to work!!

Actually we are in a recession because of too much gov't interference. Gov't interference in the interest rate markets and mortgage markets caused the mess. Gov't interference has kept banks from foreclosing and letting the real estate market clear at lower levels. Gov't interference has kept GM and Chrysler going as inefficient, labor intensive concerns. Gov't interference has made the price of employing anyone complete guesswork. Gov't interference has turned banks into highly regulated utilities. Gov't interference has introduced more mandates into state governments. Gov't interference has kept the price of labor high through higher min wage floors, thus pricing people out of the market.
I could go on and on.

I got some news for ya:

try to wake up a stop being such a drone.

And you are right, America does not owe corporations anything, but corporations owe America EVERYTHING!

Corporations do pay tax, ya know.

But you're right: Why not tax them MORE? This way we can weaken the business community, and make America a stronger nation through investments in the military industrial complex, e.g. more Air Craft Carriers and Tomohawk Missels!!

Many/most of the multinational corporations pay very little or NO US taxes.
Smaller US based corporations do however pay taxes proportionally much higher than the multinationals.

Your dementia, if put into actionable practices, would turn Americans into economic slaves.

Better American business limps along until it realizes it has to serve the consumer before the stock holder.

Better American business limps along until it realizes it has to serve the consumer before the stock holder.

100% insane!!! if an American business does not have the best price and quality in the entire world the consumer drives it and stockholders into bankruptcy.

You have just proved perfectly that liberals are crazy!! This is why all Republican intellectuals treat them with pure contempt.

You really want to be honest? Fox agrees with nothing but pandering to the wealthy and slowly eroding the rest of America...So conservatives naturally want to do the same thing.

You see how it works... I proffer a link...that includes a valid study by a major university that shows how Fox brainwashes people like you... so you choose to ignore it and defend some vague notion about our founding fathers and how liberals hate America...

in other words...you have nothing.
No they don't. And you cannot produce a single shred of evidence to prove your claim.

Well nothing can convince you.... you're a true believer... a Shiite Republican. But more and more people are seeing the light in regards to FoxNews. Beck has been exposed as the charlatan he is and now lost his job...People's fervor for the Tea Party has waned. Look at Ohio and Wisconsin, New Jersey and even in my home state of Pennsylvania. More and more people aren't buying what you're selling.

They see Congress easily becoming the most lame duck Congress in history.... Simply because of the Shiites like yourself. Face it.... Extremism and radicalism is on the downhill slope of their allotted 15 minutes of fame.

Hey... I'm not saying that MSNBC doesn't engage in some of the same tactics... but they don't claim to be fair and balanced either.
Make all the claims you wish. People who don't like changes will act up and have the loudest voice. You should know that just because they are loud it does not mean their numbers are large.
You lose sight of the fact that the majority of people are not bothered with the problems experienced by public worker unions and politicians that cannot stop spending so foolishly.
You think people will ignore kitchen table issues to swoop to the rescue of public employees? Think again.
BTW....who is "they"?

100% insane!!! if an American business does not have the best price and quality in the entire world the consumer drives it and stockholders into bankruptcy.

You have just proved perfectly that liberals are crazy!! This is why all Republican intellectuals treat them with pure contempt.

I am not a liberal, you are not a conservative but a moron like many on the far right.

You have recast what I said wrongly. Once corporations realize that they have to please the consumer, they will be very profitable.

You fascist corporatists are the reason why we are in the hole. You will never govern again.

I am not a liberal, you are not a conservative but a moron like many on the far right.

You have recast what I said wrongly. Once corporations realize that they have to please the consumer, they will be very profitable.

You fascist corporatists are the reason why we are in the hole. You will never govern again.
You keep screeching " I am not a liberal" Yet, everything you post would make the far left wing of the democrat party very proud.
I told you once before. We do not care for what you say. We watch very carefully what you do. Liberals cannot stand being watched. Get it, lefty?

I don't care what you think, because you are not a conservative, just a corporatist fascist of the extreme right.

Your opinions are for grins and chuckles, nothing serious.

Your type will not get to govern again.

Just how stupid are you?

We are only given a choice by a party... The faces don't make much of a difference.
Unless we hit the levers for Tea Party Candidates. Then we will have our say.

LOL! Your say?? The tea party is a fragmented host of chaos, where whatever you believe is not what the next tea bagger thinks. Those elected broke their word and promises and act like the other two partys.:lol:

I don't care what you think, because you are not a conservative, just a corporatist fascist of the extreme right.

And here is Chuckles the Clown's moniker!!! LMAO!!:cuckoo::lol::eek::eusa_angel:

The corporate fascists are governing right now. People like you put them into power. They are lead be Obama, Pelosi and Reid. Of course, you thought you were opposing the other corporate fascist like McCain and John Boehner but alas, they are the same. But you don't care. Hacks never do...

My opinions are based on facts. Your opinions are based on emotion.
Your last post proves that. It's all name calling and nothing else.
I will not play your game. I will not defend "corporatist" or "fascist".
I do not care what names you wish to place. They are nothing.
Out side IS going to take the majority in the Senate and God willing, we will get back the White House.
Just as the GOP needed to be purged from the majority a few years ago, so does the democrat party. Why? Because they are doing it wrong.
When the economy is in the shitter, the party in the majority always gets the blame.
Since the dems control the Senate and the Executive branches, guess what? They get the blame.

Forum List

Back