Are Gun Control Laws Constitutional

Are gun controls Constitutional

• Total voters
Everybody knew Adam Lanza was crazy. Allowing him to be around guns was wrong.

"Around guns".

So you bleev that not only should a crazy person be banned from guns, anyone he might come in contact with in his life should also be banned from guns?
Im pretty sure that the around guns comment meant that he should not own a gun or have in his possession a gun for any reason. I doubt it meant that those around him could not own guns.
But then, I guess this is the critical thinking of the conservative that allows me to understand these things.

The Supreme Court has found some gun control laws to be constitutional. They have also found some gun control laws to be unconstitutional. So if you want an answer to the OP question, you have to be way more specific as to the nature of gun control you are talking about.

The second amendment is clear. Every American can keep and bear arms and the stinking government can't infringe on this right.

However thanks to progressives, the Constitution is just about meaningless. Americans are ruled by a small criminal elite, who have gained near total power.
Yes the state can infringe on it. Thats what "regulated" basically means.
and since the 2nd was to allow the citizens guns to keep the government in control should it ever (like now) get out of control, the question has to be asked. Regulated by who? the same government that the 2nd was created to keep in check?
Seems counterproductive to me.

"Around guns".

So you bleev that not only should a crazy person be banned from guns, anyone he might come in contact with in his life should also be banned from guns?
I pretty sure that the around guns comment meant that he should not own a gun or have in his possession a gun for any reason. I doubt it meant that those around him could not own guns.

It was already pointed out before he made the "around guns" comment that Adam Lanza did not own a gun.

"Allowing him to BE AROUND guns" clearly means more than "allowing him to OWN guns". So I would like an explanation of that comment.

But then, I guess this is the critical thinking of the conservative that allows me to understand these things.
Try harder.

Do I want felons, spouse abusers, children under the age of 16, a few others, to be allowed to own firearms?

No

Do I want the majority of US citizens to have the right to own them?

Yes

So you believe the 2nd A. does not allow for everyone to own, possess or have in their custody and control. How do we 'weed out' those who should not own or possess a gun?

The Supreme Court has found some gun control laws to be constitutional. They have also found some gun control laws to be unconstitutional. So if you want an answer to the OP question, you have to be way more specific as to the nature of gun control you are talking about.
Well is it legal to attach a 50cal Gatlin gun to a Ford Pickup then ride thru downtown Reno? What about that one?
maxresdefault.jpg

"Around guns".

I pretty sure that the around guns comment meant that he should not own a gun or have in his possession a gun for any reason. I doubt it meant that those around him could not own guns.

It was already pointed out before he made the "around guns" comment that Adam Lanza did not own a gun.

"Allowing him to BE AROUND guns" clearly means more than "allowing him to OWN guns". So I would like an explanation of that comment.

Try harder.
or, around guns could be going to a gun range and using a friends gun. Its often done. He does not own the gun that he is holding.
or even making it so he can not work at an armory or gun dealer.
Please do try to think beyond what the talking points tell you.

Do I want felons, spouse abusers, children under the age of 16, a few others, to be allowed to own firearms?

No

Yes

So you believe the 2nd A. does not allow for everyone to own, possess or have in their custody and control. How do we 'weed out' those who should not own or possess a gun?
Due process.

The second amendment is clear. Every American can keep and bear arms and the stinking government can't infringe on this right.

However thanks to progressives, the Constitution is just about meaningless. Americans are ruled by a small criminal elite, who have gained near total power.
and since the 2nd was to allow the citizens guns to keep the government in control should it ever (like now) get out of control, the question has to be asked. Regulated by who? the same government that the 2nd was created to keep in check?

Not that I agree with your opinion(s), but the question deserves a response. Each state could choose to license or not license gun owners. Let the State government or those with a referendum allow the people to vote on the question.

or, around guns could be going to a gun range and using a friends gun. Its often done. He does not own the gun that he is holding.

So we obviously need some clarification as to what he meant by "around guns".

Especially since in Lanza's case, his mother had guns, and that is what he used. Which is precisely why I asked if the people around a "crazy person" should be banned.

Dumbass.

No

Yes

Harsher sentences, actually enforced, for straw purchases, crimes including a firearm, felons caught in possession of a firearm.

Not that I agree with your opinion(s), but the question deserves a response. Each state could choose to license or not license gun owners. Let the State government or those with a referendum allow the people to vote on the question.
and each state can also determine the regulations that have to be met in order to vote. Let the people of the state vote on a policy.

Post your opinion to these simple questions:

Do you believe Adam Lanza, Dylann Roof and Jared Lee Loughner (among too many others) had the absolute right to own, possess and have in their custody and control a gun prior to the murders they committed?

Should each state be granted the power to require all residents or visitors to their state, who want to own or possess a gun, to be licensed by the state?
No new laws would've stopped them... Fact

So we obviously need some clarification as to what he meant by "around guns". Dumbass.
dont think so. We just need to find out how to make it so you are not such a dumbass.

So how about it? Do you bleev that not only should a crazy person be banned from guns, anyone he might come in contact with in his life should also be banned from guns?

Exactly how would you legislate a crazy person not to "be around guns"? Should his mother have been banned from owning guns?

So how about it? Do you bleev that not only should a crazy person be banned from guns, anyone he might come in contact with in his life should also be banned from guns?
I picture you running into a wall time and time again while screaming, Im not wetawded Im not wetawded

Do you believe Adam Lanza, Dylann Roof and Jared Lee Loughner (among too many others) had the absolute right to own, possess and have in their custody and control a gun prior to the murders they committed?

Should each state be granted the power to require all residents or visitors to their state, who want to own or possess a gun, to be licensed by the state?
yes

no

We get it, leftist hate freedom and HATE the Constitution.

Please stop voting for people that want to take our freedoms 'for our own good'.

That wasnt the reason the 2nd was created. The clue is in it being a state right. The south wanted to make sure they could arm their militias in the event of slave/NA uprisings. The wording had to be changed to "state" so they would join the union.

That wasnt the reason the 2nd was created. The clue is in it being a state right. The south wanted to make sure they could arm their militias in the event of slave/NA uprisings. The wording had to be changed to state so they would join the union.
Not really... Boy

No new laws would've stopped them... Fact
That is the point I was trying to make in my first post in this topic. There is no law which could have prevented any of those mass shootings. Up to the moment all of them went on their sprees, they were law-abiding citizens.

There is only one new law which could drastically reduce mass shootings, and all shootings in general. A total ban on guns, followed by mass confiscation, which would require the repeal of at least the Second Amendmend and maybe even the Fifth.

Forum List

Back