Are Gun Control Laws Constitutional

Are gun controls Constitutional

• Total voters
The second amendment is clear. Every American can keep and bear arms and the stinking government can't infringe on this right.

However thanks to progressives, the Constitution is just about meaningless. Americans are ruled by a small criminal elite, who have gained near total power.
Yes the state can infringe on it. Thats what "regulated" basically means.
You need to understand history, to know the meaning of the word militia. Militia meant EVERY able bodied man. In your uninformed nut job world, you think militia means the government run military...WRONG!!!

The amendment continues with the words 'SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." This clearly means the big unlimited government you love, run by elitists and criminals, can't impose gun control laws.

I know this is a waste of time, because liberals are uninformed and propagandized. So there's that.
you also have to understand that at the time of the writing, the state was the people, it was never meant to be the governing body ruling over the people as it has now become.
So when it says the state, it means that the people have the say, not the "government"

The second amendment is clear. Every American can keep and bear arms and the stinking government can't infringe on this right.

However thanks to progressives, the Constitution is just about meaningless. Americans are ruled by a small criminal elite, who have gained near total power.
You need to understand history, to know the meaning of the word militia. Militia meant EVERY able bodied man. In your uninformed nut job world, you think militia means the government run military...WRONG!!!

The amendment continues with the words 'SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." This clearly means the big unlimited government you love, run by elitists and criminals, can't impose gun control laws.

I know this is a waste of time, because liberals are uninformed and propagandized. So there's that.
Nope. Originally "militia" meant every able bodied white man with land.

Nope. The "shall not be infringed" is speaking about the rights of the militia to have a weapon which we have already decided was not everyone.

The 2nd amendment is what we call an absolute clause. That means the first part of the amendment sets the conditions where the second part is true.

Last edited:

Nope. Originally militia meant every able bodied white man with land.

Nope. The "shall not be infringed" is speaking about the rights of the militia to have a weapon which we have already decided was not everyone.

The 2nd amendment is what we call an absolute clause. That means the first part of the amendment sets the conditions where the second part is true.
that cool.
I have land

Post your opinion to these simple questions:

Do you believe Adam Lanza, Dylann Roof and Jared Lee Loughner (among too many others) had the absolute right to own, possess and have in their custody and control a gun prior to the murders they committed?

Should each state be granted the power to require all residents or visitors to their state, who want to own or possess a gun, to be licensed by the state?
Yes they had an absolute right. None of them were guilty of any crime, all of them could or did pass background checks.
There should be no restrictions whatsoever. The 2A is very clear about this.

that cool.
I have land
I'm glad you gave up resisting your education from me. Good job.

that cool.
I have land
actually its not worth arguing with you. First off you are a negro, not capable of intelligent thought. Second you are an idiot.
now, either one is bad but an idiot negro is just too far gone. Now run on home, your corn bread and chitterlings are just about done.

that cool.
I have land
actually its not worth arguing with you. First off you are a negro, not capable of intelligent thought. Second you are an idiot.
now, either one is bad but an idiot negro is just too far gone. Now run on home, your corn bread and chitterlings are just about done.
I accept your concession. :itsok:

Wrong again.

My ancestors came to the the colonies before the American Revolution. They owned no land, but they were armed to the teeth. So, you don't know WTF you posting.

Again the militia was every able bodied man. So, the stinking big tyrannical government you love, can't take that right away.....IF we abide by the Constitution, and we all know you progs HATE the Constitution.

Why do progs always want to take rights away from Americans?

Wrong again.

My ancestors came to the the colonies before the American Revolution. They owned no land, but they were armed to the teeth. So, you don't know WTF you posting.

Again the militia was every able bodied man. So, the stinking big tyrannical government you love, can't take that right away.....IF we abide by the Constitution, and we all know you progs HATE the Constitution.

Why do progs always want to take rights away from Americans?
Poor white trash with guns back then were not even considered real men. Now i know why youre not that bright. Youre genetically poor white trash.

Nope. Scalia covered that. The first clause announces a purpose, not a qualification.
If libs didnt have misinformation they'd have no information at all.

Do you believe Adam Lanza, Dylann Roof and Jared Lee Loughner (among too many others) had the absolute right to own, possess and have in their custody and control a gun prior to the murders they committed?

Should each state be granted the power to require all residents or visitors to their state, who want to own or possess a gun, to be licensed by the state?

Until they were adjudicated unfit...yes.

Do you think left wing anti Americans have an absolute right to vote?

Adam Lanza was still in school..
And how do you know people are crazy before they act crazy? Do people want to start forcing sane tests on us too?

Shhhhhh......please...don't even suggest something like that to these left wing assholes...you say it to be funny.....they will mean it....

Do I want felons, spouse abusers, children under the age of 16, a few others, to be allowed to own firearms?

No

Do I want the majority of US citizens to have the right to own them?

Yes

So you believe the 2nd A. does not allow for everyone to own, possess or have in their custody and control. How do we 'weed out' those who should not own or possess a gun?

Easy...if you commit a crime with a gun, you are arrested and put in jail.

How do we weed out computer criminals before they commit computer crime?

and since the 2nd was to allow the citizens guns to keep the government in control should it ever (like now) get out of control, the question has to be asked. Regulated by who? the same government that the 2nd was created to keep in check?
Seems counterproductive to me.

Not that I agree with your opinion(s), but the question deserves a response. Each state could choose to license or not license gun owners. Let the State government or those with a referendum allow the people to vote on the question.

Licensing is unConstitutional....it is a Poll Tax on gun ownership and a prior restraint on law abiding citizens exercising a Right they have done nothing to lose.....

No new laws would've stopped them... Fact
That is the point I was trying to make in my first post in this topic. There is no law which could have prevented any of those mass shootings. Up to the moment all of them went on their sprees, they were law-abiding citizens.

There is only one new law which could drastically reduce mass shootings, and all shootings in general. A total ban on guns, followed by mass confiscation, which would require the repeal of at least the Second Amendmend and maybe even the Fifth.

And the 14th.....

and since the 2nd was to allow the citizens guns to keep the government in control should it ever (like now) get out of control, the question has to be asked. Regulated by who? the same government that the 2nd was created to keep in check?
Seems counterproductive to me.
That wasnt the reason the 2nd was created. The clue is in it being a state right. The south wanted to make sure they could arm their militias in the event of slave/NA uprisings. The wording had to be changed to state so they would join the union.
Not really... Boy
Yes really...cave chimp

The Second Amendment was Ratified to Preserve Slavery

"If the country be invaded, a state may go to war, but cannot suppress [slave] insurrections [under this new Constitution]. If there should happen an insurrection of slaves, the country cannot be said to be invaded. They cannot, therefore, suppress it without the interposition of Congress . . . . Congress, and Congress only [under this new Constitution], can call forth the militia."

And why was that such a concern for Patrick Henry?

"In this state," he said, "there are two hundred and thirty-six thousand blacks, and there are many in several other states. But there are few or none in the Northern States. . . . May Congress not say, that every black man must fight? Did we not see a little of this last war? We were not so hard pushed as to make emancipation general; but acts of Assembly passed that every slave who would go to the army should be free."

Do you realize moron that the first gun control laws in this country were to deny Indians and slaves guns...?

Do you believe that the right to speech can be subject to background checks to ensure that said speech complies with party goals? Are speech controls constitutional?
If speech controls are not Constitutional, we've wasted a lot of legislation on libel and slander laws.

No...slander and libel deny a law abiding citizen their rights.....so they are not consitutional....and that doesn't impact freedom of speech.

Lets say someone is unstable.

How does that fact mean they will never have the need of a weapon?

Either to feed or protect themselves or others?

define unstable....the number of mentally ill people in this country is large, the number who are dangerous are few......

Forum List

Back