Are "Hate Crime" Laws Constitutional?

Y
the thread is about hate crime laws and the unequal application of the law based or race, age, sex, political connections, etc.

but lets stay on hate crimes, the truth about HRC and her illegal disclosure of classified data is tomorrow's story.

Fair enough.
either way the victim is dead and you are a murderer. What should happen to the black thugs who burned the white girl alive in Mississippi? Should they be charged with murder or something else?

If someone is part of an organization with a specific agenda to terrorize a particular group, then I can see hate crime additions. If you're part of the KKK and you are doing cross burnings to instill fear into the black community in a particular area, then yeah. That's way more than vandalism.

But if you're just some schmuck in a bar fight?

does that logic apply to the black panthers and Farrakhan? they both preach hate.

The actual black panthers? Or the boogeyman that conservatives have made up, where they show pictures of the same ONE guy at the same ONE polling station over and over for 3 elections over 4 years?

See this is a far left drone at it's best! Spouting religious dogma to deflect!
u so stupid

Says the far left drone that voted for Obama twice!

I don't. When we have a court system that let's a rich kid off after killing 4 people, additional penalties we can attach to a violent crime is okay by me.
To them its no different if I shoot you or burn a senior citizen alive. No diff?

either way the victim is dead and you are a murderer. What should happen to the black thugs who burned the white girl alive in Mississippi? Should they be charged with murder or something else?
Some murderers eventually get parole. He shouldn't. In fact he should be executed.

should they be charged with a hate crime since the victim was white? or just first degree murder which carries the death penalty in MS? Should the state kill him twice? burn him to death? What exactly do you want done to hate crime perpatrators?
To make sure they don't get out early. We all see the justice system is messed up. Rapists and killers get out and repeat offend. With hate crimes you assure someone will never get out.

A perfect example is that white kid who shot up that black church. I could see in the past a guy like that may be getting out after 20 or so years for good behavior. Maybe with a hate crime law slapped on him that I was sure he never ever gets out.

Why do you have a problem slapping a hate crime law on someone?

Because the basic premise of hate crime legislation is wrong. It is an attempt to manage the public thought and opinions by punishing some thoughts and rewarding others. It is wrong on so many levels.

You brought up the SC church shooter, he was a mental case. Why don't you libs feel sorry for him because he was crazy and didn't understand what he was doing? His crime was not a hate crime, it was multiple murder by a mentally incompetent human being. I am fine with the death penalty for him, or life in prison. What does calling it a hate crime add to it?

You see, hate crime laws operate on the premise that an assault committed for racial reasons is worse than an assault committed for non-racial reasons. I think only a racist would have a problem with that.

Actually, that's just race baiting. There's more to hate crimes than race. Your position is invalid.

To them its no different if I shoot you or burn a senior citizen alive. No diff?

Some murderers eventually get parole. He shouldn't. In fact he should be executed.

should they be charged with a hate crime since the victim was white? or just first degree murder which carries the death penalty in MS? Should the state kill him twice? burn him to death? What exactly do you want done to hate crime perpatrators?
To make sure they don't get out early. We all see the justice system is messed up. Rapists and killers get out and repeat offend. With hate crimes you assure someone will never get out.

A perfect example is that white kid who shot up that black church. I could see in the past a guy like that may be getting out after 20 or so years for good behavior. Maybe with a hate crime law slapped on him that I was sure he never ever gets out.

So you far left drones do not believe people can change!

Another example why the far left should not be in charge of anything!
If you commit a hate crime I don't care if you've changed. Oh fuck off stupid. Obama should let every murderer off based on your position.

There's not even the accusation that Hillary 'disclosed classified information' to anyone. She's being accused of a record's keeping violation. Where the FBI is investigating how the information was handled and if it was secure enough. Patreaus walked out 8 black books and gave them to his biographer to read. Presumably after he fucked her.

You've got your wires crossed on this one. As those aren't the same thing.

And of course, its got dick to do with this thread. You're merely trying to change the topic.

the thread is about hate crime laws and the unequal application of the law based or race, age, sex, political connections, etc.

but lets stay on hate crimes, the truth about HRC and her illegal disclosure of classified data is tomorrow's story.

Fair enough.

If someone is part of an organization with a specific agenda to terrorize a particular group, then I can see hate crime additions. If you're part of the KKK and you are doing cross burnings to instill fear into the black community in a particular area, then yeah. That's way more than vandalism.

does that logic apply to the black panthers and Farrakhan? they both preach hate.

The actual black panthers? Or the boogeyman that conservatives have made up, where they show pictures of the same ONE guy at the same ONE polling station over and over for 3 elections over 4 years?

both

What systematic crimes to terrorize people have the black panther's committed? Specifically. And try and pick something that's occured since hate crime laws came into effect.

I think they are dumb... I mean, take murder for instance... we've already established that motive matters.

yes, motive, like premeditation vs accidental homicide. But punishing thoughts is wrong. The crime should be punished, not the thoughts of the murderer.

If you commit a hate crime I don't care if you've changed. Oh fuck off stupid. Obama should let every murderer off based on your position.

what about a non-hate crime murder? different parole rules? Why?

See the far left just want hate crimes to label someone and actually not really do anything!

Another far left religious narrative shot down!

Because the basic premise of hate crime legislation is wrong. It is an attempt to manage the public thought and opinions by punishing some thoughts and rewarding others. It is wrong on so many levels.

You brought up the SC church shooter, he was a mental case. Why don't you libs feel sorry for him because he was crazy and didn't understand what he was doing? His crime was not a hate crime, it was multiple murder by a mentally incompetent human being. I am fine with the death penalty for him, or life in prison. What does calling it a hate crime add to it?
Because based on your comment he should be found mentally unfit to stand trial then one day when he's "cured" he could get out.

I don't think he can use the insanity plea

Fair enough.

both

What systematic crimes to terrorize people have the black panther's committed? Specifically. And try and pick something that's occured since hate crime laws came into effect.

that group and Farrakhan (who you carefully left out) have advocated the murder of white people based on skin color, the murder of cops based on being cops. the murder of republicans based on being republicans.

those groups are advocating hate crimes, should that be punished?

I could snap and kill a neighbor. I might get out in twenty. A hate crime should get more

Fair enough.

both

See how the far left wants to cherry pick and limit data!

They want a label called "hate crime" so it has more impact like the term "racist" or "homophobe" used to.

That is the only reason far left drones support it..

Because based on your comment he should be found mentally unfit to stand trial then one day when he's "cured" he could get out.

I don't think he can use the insanity plea

Personally, I don't care if he is crazy. He should be executed and removed from society. Why do you want to give him a pass because he is crazy?

liberal logic is an oxymoron.

I could snap and kill a neighbor. I might get out in twenty. A hate crime should get more

Yes you killed your neighbor because he was not far left, so you should get the label of "hate crime" as you want it on others who do not follow the far left religious narratives..

Why? what if you are white and the neighbor you kill when you snap is black? is that a worse crime than if he was white?

There are additional penalties for killing children or cops. OP's logic dictates these must go as well.
Wrong. Cop killing is an attack on the law enforcement system. They are doing their jobs and killing them puts undo pressure on the whole system. It has zip to do with hate.

Irrelevant. The fact is that the law creates a special class of crime based on the identity of these types of victims. I think Seawytch stretches a tad far when she says that the OP's logic requires that they be eliminated along with hate crimes (the OP suggests hate crime legislation is unconstitutional and that does not necessarily follow, but then again I didn't see the OP justify that position either). But her point is valid in showing that there are other examples where the law elevates some crimes based on the identity of the victim.

That then leaves us with the question as to when and why it is acceptable for the law to elevate the severity of an already criminal act based on the victim's identity. Happy to hear your thoughts on that.

See the far left just want hate crimes to label someone and actually not really do anything!

Then why do you care?

The purpose of hate crimes is to deter people from commuting them. Stop preying on old black gay Jews.

Fair enough.

both

that group and Farrakhan (who you carefully left out) have advocated the murder of white people based on skin color, the murder of cops based on being cops. the murder of republicans based on being republicans.

those groups are advocating hate crimes, should that be punished?

Lately?

Then why do you care?

The purpose of hate crimes is to deter people from commuting them. Stop preying on old black gay Jews.

Exactly as I posted, the far left wants it as a label and for no other reason!

Why? what if you are white and the neighbor you kill when you snap is black? is that a worse crime than if he was white?
Not a hate crime. Find swasticas in my home its a hate crime. Or confederate flag.

Forum List

Back