Are Some Cultures Superior to Others?

• Total voters
Come to think of it Alaskan culture is superior to Texas.

Noticeably people raised in Texas do have their own culture. How would you describe this culture?

Allow a real Texan to answer this. Jake is a fake in more ways then one.

WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A TEXAN
by Bum Phillips

Here's an excerpt:

The same spirit that made 186 men cross that line in the sand in San Antonio damned near 165 years ago is still in you today. Why else would my friend send me William Barrett Travis' plea for help in an email just a week ago, or why would Charles Stanfield ask me to reprint a Texas Independence column from a year ago? What would make my friend Elizabeth say, "I don't know if I can marry a man who doesn't love Texas like I do?" Why in the hell are 1,000 people coming to my house this weekend to celebrate a holiday for what used to be a nation that is now a state?

Because the spirit that made that nation is the spirit that burned in every person who founded this great place we call Texas, and they passed it on through blood or sweat to everyone of us.

You see, that spirit that made Texas what it is is alive in all of us, even if we can't stand next to a cannon to prove it, and it's our responsibility to keep that fire burning. Every person who ever put a " Native Texan" or an "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could" sticker on his car understands.

Anyone who ever hung a map of Texas on their wall or flew a Lone Star flag on their porch knows what I mean. My Dad's buddy Bill has an old saying. He says that some people were forged of a hotter fire. Well, that's what it is to be Texan. To be forged of a hotter fire. To know that part of Colorado was Texas. That part of New Mexico was Texas. That part of Oklahoma was Texas. Yep. Talk all you want. Part of what you got was what we gave you. To look at a picture of Idaho or Istanbul and say, "what the Hell is that?" when you know that anyone in Idaho or Istanbul who sees a picture of Texas knows damned good and well what it is. It isn't the shape, it isn't the state, it's the state of mind.

Horse shit, Lonestar. You are a wannabee Texan who has no clue as to its greatness.

You are all mouth, no saddle, as we say.

Come to think of it Alaskan culture is superior to Texas.

Noticeably people raised in Texas do have their own culture. How would you describe this culture?

Allow a real Texan to answer this. Jake is a fake in more ways then one.

WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A TEXAN
by Bum Phillips

Here's an excerpt:

The same spirit that made 186 men cross that line in the sand in San Antonio damned near 165 years ago is still in you today. Why else would my friend send me William Barrett Travis' plea for help in an email just a week ago, or why would Charles Stanfield ask me to reprint a Texas Independence column from a year ago? What would make my friend Elizabeth say, "I don't know if I can marry a man who doesn't love Texas like I do?" Why in the hell are 1,000 people coming to my house this weekend to celebrate a holiday for what used to be a nation that is now a state?

Because the spirit that made that nation is the spirit that burned in every person who founded this great place we call Texas, and they passed it on through blood or sweat to everyone of us.

You see, that spirit that made Texas what it is is alive in all of us, even if we can't stand next to a cannon to prove it, and it's our responsibility to keep that fire burning. Every person who ever put a " Native Texan" or an "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could" sticker on his car understands.

Anyone who ever hung a map of Texas on their wall or flew a Lone Star flag on their porch knows what I mean. My Dad's buddy Bill has an old saying. He says that some people were forged of a hotter fire. Well, that's what it is to be Texan. To be forged of a hotter fire. To know that part of Colorado was Texas. That part of New Mexico was Texas. That part of Oklahoma was Texas. Yep. Talk all you want. Part of what you got was what we gave you. To look at a picture of Idaho or Istanbul and say, "what the Hell is that?" when you know that anyone in Idaho or Istanbul who sees a picture of Texas knows damned good and well what it is. It isn't the shape, it isn't the state, it's the state of mind.

Indeed, Texas is one of the last independent freedom loving Alpha male/female cultures we have left. This of course explains why they vote Republican.

Yes.

Democratic cultures are vastly superior to non-democratic cultures.

"The values of Western civilization are not just different, they're better. OK? I know a whole generation has been raised on the notion of multiculturalism, that all civilizations are just different. No! Not always, some times things are better! Rule of law is better than autocracy and theocracy. Equality of the sexes, better. Protection of minorities, better. Free speech, better. Free elections, better."
- Bill Maher "Victory Begins At Home"

Horse shit, Lonestar. You are a wannabee Texan who has no clue as to its greatness.

You are all mouth, no saddle, as we say.

I'm a fifth generation Texan you asshat. My ancestors been here since 1821 and have fought at the Battle of San Jacinto and have their names engraved on the monument. My fourth great granddad was one of the first Consulates of the State. I had an Uncle that died at the Alamo, another Uncle donated 200 acres to the town of Madisonville making it the County seat. You can go anywhere in Madisonville, Montgomery, Walker, Washington and Brazoria counties and find a historical record of my ancestors.

I have been a Texan since the day I was born in 1961 during Hurricane Carla and haven't resided in any other state with the few occasions where work took me. But I have never NOT been a resident of Texas you fake fuck.

No, you are not. Your parents moved in from MI in the 1970s.

I know folks from Madisonville, and they would never claim one such as yourself.

Whereas, I lived in Texas off and on for more than thirty years, greatly enjoyed it, and was ready to retired to SLC when the time came.

No, you are not. Your parents moved in from MI in the 1970s.

I know folks from Madisonville, and they would never claim one such as yourself.

Whereas, I lived in Texas off and on for more than thirty years, greatly enjoyed it, and was ready to retired to SLC when the time came.

I know you're not talking about me you lying fuck.

My ancestors on my fathers side came from Ireland in 1750 and arrived in Virginia on my mother side they came from Europe in 1621 and none have ever lived in Michigan.

Here's a question that every true Texan should know.

How many sides does a horse have?

Do you have anything else to say on any topic? Every fucking post you make here is this exact same one. Save up some extra money and buy another thought.

All you ever do is bitch at people. Sorry you're too repulsive to have friends or get laid, but there's always virtual reality, a frozen pizza and hand lotion for you. I see some of the animated stuff is looking pretty real these days.

Superiority is a perspective based view. No culture is superior to another. The only way you can view one culture as superior is if you are convinced that culture is superior. Your poll is rhetorical as usual.

Culture:
the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

Superiority is a perspective based view. No culture is superior to another. The only way you can view one culture as superior is if you are convinced that culture is superior. Your poll is rhetorical as usual.

Culture:
the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

I judge a culture on how well it can sustain itself. That being the case Western Culture is certainly the most superior culture in world history. Although, leftists are certainly trying their hands at regression.

Liberal Blue State is clearly superior to nutjob right wing Red Neck deep south confederate.

Liberal Blue State is clearly superior to nutjob right wing Red Neck deep south confederate.

I guess that's why liberals retire, move away from the North with ruinous taxes and cost of living expenses, and move down South only to ruin their states the same way they did the North.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/best-worst-run-states-america-030403958.html

Best run states

North Dakota
Wyoming
Iowa
Nebraska
Utah

Worst run states

Nevada
Rhode Island
Illinois
New Mexico
California

349px-ElectoralCollege2008.svg.png

2012-11-06-EM20121105_final.PNG

Last edited:

Culture:

I judge a culture on how well it can sustain itself. That being the case Western Culture is certainly the most superior culture in world history. Although, leftists are certainly trying their hands at regression.

Thats why I said you fail as usual. Your perspective is screwed up like some cracked bifocals.

Forum List

Back