Are Some Cultures Superior to Others?

Are Some Cultures Superior to Others?

• Total voters
It's like Anglo-Americans, so proud of their superior character, sitting behind miles of water protecting them from enemies, with all kinds of advantages in natural resources ...-Charles DeGaulle. lol

Indeed, environment has much to do with success which is what this entire book is written about >>>> Guns, Germs, and Steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, we are talking about those factors that aren't environmental.

Fortunately for us the US government has nuclear weapons, and thus, no standing army would ever invade even if they were on our border and with no buffers to boot. Unfortunately this is also why terrorism is the new style of warfare.

Obviously Cro - Magnon had a superior culture to the Neaderthals! Culture is the culmination of a group of people based on intelligence. Some groups are more intelligent, and therefore they are able to advance faster than less intelligent cultures - they dominate!

It is said that necessity is the mother of all invention, but a smarter group will anticipate a need quicker, and satisfy it more effectively. Over time, the smarter collective will put a gulf of achievement between it, and the rest. That is why some people are still perfecting the blow gun, and others advanced missiles!

The truth is not politically correct :eusa_whistle:

Obviously Cro - Magnon had a superior culture to the Neaderthals! Culture is the culmination of a group of people based on intelligence. Some groups are more intelligent, and therefore they are able to advance faster than less intelligent cultures - they dominate!

It is said that necessity is the mother of all invention, but a smarter group will anticipate a need quicker, and satisfy it more effectively. Over time, the smarter collective will put a gulf of achievement between it, and the rest. That is why some people are still perfecting the blow gun, and others advanced missiles!

I disagree with much of what you said. Environmental factors have always been the greatest determinant of human advancement. Nevertheless, culture, values, and ingenuity do have a significant effect.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojU31yHDqiM]Guns,Germs and Steel - Jared Diamond - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The best novels, plays and movies come from Africa.
The best inventions that make life easier come from Africa.
The best operas, symphonies and all other kinds of music come from Africa.
The best and most just political system comes from Africa.
The best judicial system comes from Africa.
The best rock'n roll and even the best hip-hop comes from Africa.

All the best things in the worlds come from Africa.

So to answer your question, without any doubt African culture trumps all others.

Uh, which one? That is to say, which African culture do you speak of?

No need to mention any particular country. How could I? There were no African countries until the colonial powers made them.

All of those I made a reference to can be described as European.

If you are really this stupid, please supply your banking and routing numbers so that we may contribute to your psychiatric bill.

63- That's what you call racist- There are many factors that account for that, and culture can just be about feelings, family, and freedom etc etc. No culture is better, and btw, you know KNOTHING about archery, animals, plants to eat in nature, etc etc etc etc...

63- That's what you call racist- There are many factors that account for that, and culture can just be about feelings, family, and freedom etc etc. No culture is better, and btw, you know KNOTHING about archery, animals, plants to eat in nature, etc etc etc etc...

There is indeed a reason culturally conservative groups do not advance into a first world economy. Islam, for example, is culturally failing much of North Africa, the Middle East, and parts of South East Asia. In this day and age there is no excuse for a lack of safety, rule of law, increased lifespan, abolition of slavery, and etcetera. And yet, Muslims have largely managed to avoid many of these desirable factors. Why? Because the culture of Islam is an inhibitor to human advancement. No, not all cultures are equal. While there is no consensus on what makes an advanced culture, there is indeed a consensus on which cultures enjoy cultural dominance. Across the world people raised on the English language can get along in foreign countries. Why? because large populations of people abroad speak English as a second language. Why has capitalism and globalism spread throughout the world instead of communism? Because the West has largely won the cultural war on this issue. There are indeed superior cultures.

Last edited:
What about HEAT, too much to care about thinking and hard work, also ruins the crops lol. There's a theory the world got hotter, so civilization move from Egypt to Greece to Italy and Spain, to France Germany and England. This question is a lot bigger than Foxbots can handle...

There is indeed a reason culturally conservative groups do not advance into a first world economy. Islam, for example, is culturally failing much of North Africa, the Middle East, and parts of South East Asia. In this day and age there is no excuse for a lack of safety, rule of law, increased lifespan, abolition of slavery, and etcetera. And yet, Muslims have largely managed to avoid many of these desirable factors. Why? Because the culture of Islam is an inhibitor to human advancement. No, not all cultures are equal. While there is no consensus on what makes an advanced culture, there is indeed a consensus on which cultures enjoy cultural dominance. Across the world people raised on the English language can get along in foreign countries. Why? because large populations of people abroad speak English as a second language. Why has capitalism and globalism spread throughout the world instead of communism? Because the west has largely won the cultural war on this issue.

Or it's too damn hot, and they didn't have any national resources until the late 40's, or colonial powers ripped them off, 3rd worlders that they were. Give them some time now.

What about HEAT, too much to care about thinking and hard work, also ruins the crops lol. There's a theory the world got hotter, so civilization move from Egypt to Greece to Italy and Spain, to France Germany and England. This question is a lot bigger than Foxbots can handle...

Once again, the major driving factor for human advancement throughout human history is indeed environmental factors. I said as much here >>> http://www.usmessageboard.com/9103019-post64.html . But they don't explain everything today whereas everyone enjoys the fruits of technological advancement. Those who value having children they cant afford, who value instant gratification, who value a crappy religion over rule of law, and etcetera, are inferior cultures.

But heat? Why didn't everyone move then?

Last edited:
Anyway, now you're talking politics, economics, and religion, only a part of culture. One CULTURE is NOT BETTER than another, just different..

Last edited:

There is indeed a reason culturally conservative groups do not advance into a first world economy. Islam, for example, is culturally failing much of North Africa, the Middle East, and parts of South East Asia. In this day and age there is no excuse for a lack of safety, rule of law, increased lifespan, abolition of slavery, and etcetera. And yet, Muslims have largely managed to avoid many of these desirable factors. Why? Because the culture of Islam is an inhibitor to human advancement. No, not all cultures are equal. While there is no consensus on what makes an advanced culture, there is indeed a consensus on which cultures enjoy cultural dominance. Across the world people raised on the English language can get along in foreign countries. Why? because large populations of people abroad speak English as a second language. Why has capitalism and globalism spread throughout the world instead of communism? Because the west has largely won the cultural war on this issue.

Or it's too damn hot, and they didn't have any national resources until the late 40's, or colonial powers ripped them off, 3rd worlders that they were. Give them some time now.

Europeans brought Africa from stone/bronze/iron age status into modernity. Indeed, after independence it took Africa how many years to reach the productivity they enjoyed under European domination? Aside from sharpening spears and enjoying hunter gatherer status, what did they know of the modern use of resources? It took a superior culture to bring them a better quality of life. And yes, their lives are of much better quality today than ever before in African history. There were parts of Africa that had not seen a wheel before Europeans came.

Last edited:
Anyway, now you're talking politics, economics, and religion, only a part of culture. One CULTUR is NOT BETTER than another.

Values stem from culture. Indeed, our culture is what we value. What we value will largely determine how successful we are. For example, Asians value education more than most cultures. They also make up over 25% of the students a MIT despite making up 3% of the US population. Some cultures are superior to others.

I disagree with much of what you said. Environmental factors have always been the greatest determinant of human advancement. Nevertheless, culture, values, and ingenuity do have a significant effect.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojU31yHDqiM]Guns,Germs and Steel - Jared Diamond - YouTube[/ame]
Dude, I'm not watching two hours of bullshit when I know some cultures are way smarter than others. Iran would of had the bomb long ago if they had the intelligence! There are many groups of people who don't eat enough protein for normal brain development - they are less capable of advancement.

I guess you believe all groups of people are of equal intelligence, or that it has no bearing on advancement :lol: Instead of starting a thread with an interrogative, why don't you make a proclamation, and support it cogently; without documentary, and let the participants argue your position?

Do black people like the ghetto? :eusa_shifty: :eusa_pray:

So to answer your question, without any doubt African culture trumps all others.

If you don't believe me, just ask the Reverend Al Sharpton.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I began reading this and for a minute I thought "what the hell?" :lol:

"Reverend" Al Sharpton.....that fool probably can't spell Afrika.....:D

Dude, I'm not watching two hours of bullshit when I know some cultures are way smarter than others. Iran would of had the bomb long ago if they had the intelligence! There are many groups of people who don't eat enough protein for normal brain development - they are less capable of advancement.

I guess you believe all groups of people are of equal intelligence, or that it has no bearing on advancement :lol: Instead of starting a thread with an interrogative, why don't you make a proclamation, and support it cogently; without documentary, and let the participants argue your position?

Do black people like the ghetto? :eusa_shifty: :eusa_pray:

I both agreed with you and disagreed with you. However I have better perspective because I took the time to educate myself on all of the arguments available. If you have not seen this video, or more preferably, read the book that this video stems from, then you are nowhere in the same arena as I in determining what we can attribute to culture and what we can attribute to environment.

I am not a cultural relativist. I do believe that some cultures are superior to others. But your wide brushstrokes are so ignorantly devised that it is almost embarrassing watching you make them. If you want to argue a point you first must educate yourself on the information available. Choosing not to, and yet, insisting you are right, is more of a show of ignorance than anything else.

I have made a number of threads a number of ways. I have often been told that I bias a poll by commenting in the op. You share the opposite view. I am going to take flack no matter what I do or how I do it. Now that you are no longer ignorant of this fact, do you think such a claim aids your argument?

By the way, that video is broken up into three 50 minute intervals.

Last edited:

Definitely.

Definitely.

It's amazing how far some will go to convince themselves that "African culture," (Note that they do not say which one), can be considered an advanced/superior culture.

They Came Before Columbus: The African Presence in Ancient America (Journal of African Civilizations)
They Came Before Columbus reveals a compelling, dramatic, and superbly detailed documentation of the presence and legacy of Africans in ancient America. Examining navigation and shipbuilding; cultural analogies between Native Americans and Africans; the transportation of plants, animals, and textiles between the continents; and the diaries, journals, and oral accounts of the explorers themselves, Ivan Van Sertima builds a pyramid of evidence to support his claim of an African presence in the New World centuries before Columbus. Combining impressive scholarship with a novelist’s gift for storytelling, Van Sertima re-creates some of the most powerful scenes of human history: the launching of the great ships of Mali in 1310 (two hundred master boats and two hundred supply boats), the sea expedition of the Mandingo king in 1311, and many

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0812968174/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0140178228&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0W6W3HST5F9KP56Z9DT8[/ame]

Forum List

Back