Are the numerous dog breeds proof of evolution?

They do not have to change, but they will.
Yes. Given enough time, they would change by genetic drift alone. It's inevitable. We couldn't stop it worldwide if we tried. Even the most "static" species in the fossil record underwent small changes. The advantage all of the static species seem to share is that there was a LOT of individuals at any given time all admixing on the whole. So even the random processes at work had diminished effect over the whole. But any and all of these species would almost certainly still change, given enough time.

I wonder if some models, barring extinction, may stay "static" for billions of years. even if true, this doesn't upend evolution in any way.
I’m hoping some fair minded people would chime in. If for 400 years we didn’t allow American blacks to learn while whites were learning science math and English and even though slowly, our white brains have been evolving differently for over 500 years. That may seem like a drop in the bucket but look at how much smarter a border collie is and we only created that breed in the 1800s.
whats this WE shit?? it was democrats that didnt want blacks to learn anything not the whole of the white people,,

I guess spreading your guilt makes you feel better,,
Us whites is who I mean by we. Now answer my questions or can’t you?
US WHITES didnt do it,, some whites did it and they later formed the democrat party,,

keep your guilt to yourself,,,

as for your question,, its stupid because the brain doesnt evolve it learns over time,, and if the dems didnt keep some blacks from ;learning they wouldnt be as dumb as some are,,
Get the fuck out of here turning this conversation into that. I’m so sick of you trumpeters.

Then why
Yes. Given enough time, they would change by genetic drift alone. It's inevitable. We couldn't stop it worldwide if we tried. Even the most "static" species in the fossil record underwent small changes. The advantage all of the static species seem to share is that there was a LOT of individuals at any given time all admixing on the whole. So even the random processes at work had diminished effect over the whole. But any and all of these species would almost certainly still change, given enough time.

I wonder if some models, barring extinction, may stay "static" for billions of years. even if true, this doesn't upend evolution in any way.
I’m hoping some fair minded people would chime in. If for 400 years we didn’t allow American blacks to learn while whites were learning science math and English and even though slowly, our white brains have been evolving differently for over 500 years. That may seem like a drop in the bucket but look at how much smarter a border collie is and we only created that breed in the 1800s.
whats this WE shit?? it was democrats that didnt want blacks to learn anything not the whole of the white people,,

Have you ever attended an all black Detroit public school? I have. Me, my brother and Kenneth were the only whites. Not exactly equal with metro detroit white suburb schools.
I attended an all black kansas city school and it was no different than the mostly white school I attended,,
Then why do blacks do worse on tests?

Yes in the north we let blacks be free and learn. Red states not so much. And today red state republicans are passing laws making it harder for blacks to vote. Jim Crow 2.0
how is getting an ID making it harder for blacks to vote?? are you saying theyre to stupid??

Have you ever attended an all black Detroit public school? I have. Me, my brother and Kenneth were the only whites. Not exactly equal with metro detroit white suburb schools.
I attended an all black kansas city school and it was no different than the mostly white school I attended,,
What city was the all black school? What city was the all white school. I’ll prov you’re lying.

US WHITES didnt do it,, some whites did it and they later formed the democrat party,,

as for your question,, its stupid because the brain doesnt evolve it learns over time,, and if the dems didnt keep some blacks from ;learning they wouldnt be as dumb as some are,,
Get the fuck out of here turning this conversation into that. I’m so sick of you trumpeters.
sorry buttercup I didnt vote for trump,, but you are a racist,,,

Yes in the north we let blacks be free and learn. Red states not so much. And today red state republicans are passing laws making it harder for blacks to vote. Jim Crow 2.0
how is getting an ID making it harder for blacks to vote?? are you saying theyre to stupid??
This ain’t about that sorry not going there . Start a thread.

I’m asking. If we could make a border collie the smartest dog in a couple hundred years, smarter than other breeds of dogs, could we have held blacks back by not allowing them to learn for 400 years?
And that is because we took the "smartest" two dogs from two litters and bred them. Then did it again 100s of times. That is not analogous to what you are describing.

So, by what mechanism?

lincoln high school in kc in 1979 and southwest

sorry buttercup I didnt vote for trump,, but you are a racist,,,
If that’s all bye

I
I’m asking. If we could make a border collie the smartest dog in a couple hundred years, smarter than other breeds of dogs, could we have held blacks back by not allowing them to learn for 400 years?
And that is because we took the "smartest" two dogs from two litters and bred them. Then did it again 100s of times. That is not analogous to what you are describing.

So, by what mechanism?
I figured starting in the 1600s we’ve been learning more and passing that on for many generations and maybe our brains have grown bigger over time because of this. Not possible intelligence evolves?

Culture. Not inherent ability at birth. As one can see by the variance between populations in different countries.
And the difference between blacks and whites might be hardly noticeable. And many blacks are smarter than many whites.

I was just pondering that 500 years of not allowing them to even read might have made them evolve a little differently

I don't have a science background and don't know much about evolution but I believe the answer to my question is YES. What say you? Here's an article that delves into the topic.

Not really. Just having different breeds doesn't prove evolution, especially if you consider the argument that things were created by some God or other.

I

So, by what mechanism?
I figured starting in the 1600s we’ve been learning more and passing that on for many generations and maybe our brains have grown bigger over time because of this. Not possible intelligence evolves?
That quickly? Maybe. Seems a stretch. And if what you are saying were true, we could isolate that in the US black population. I have never read this is the case.

No, i am going to go with the idea that i could pluck a baby out of any village on earth and raise it, and its chances would be as good as anyone's.

I

So, by what mechanism?
That quickly? Maybe. Seems a stretch. And if what you are saying were true, we could isolate that in the US black population. I have never read this is the case.

No, i am going to go with the idea that i could pluck a baby out of any village on earth and raise it, and its chances would be as good as anyone's.
Well we also took education to Africa. They didn have formal education until the missionaries. So while whites for over 1000 years were reading homer and Socrates, kunta kente Was learning how to survive in the wild.

I appreciate your input and I agree you could take any baby and turn them into a doctor or scientist. I was thinking on a macro or micro level. So small the difference is negligible

Well we also took education to Africa. They didn have formal education until the missionaries.
A good measure then would be the literacy rate in Africa in the last few centuries, no? Do you think it will reflect and support your implication? I would bet a lot of money that it would not.

I do get what you are saying. It can't be ruled out, but we also have no known mechanism for such inheritance. How would you objectively isolate this effect and causality, over centuries? It cannot be done.

What could be done, however, it to demonstrate a causality and a mechanism by which (spitballing here) that kids with intensive education (would have to be sample representing the entire demo) have kids that are smarter than average. But you would have to rule out smarter parents, the education of the last generation (they all jave to receive the "average education). I don't see any way to make such a controlled environment.

Then why

[/QUOT
Then why

Not all do badly. Otherwise we would have no black brain surgeons, like Dr. Ben Carson or black rocket scientists like Herman Cain.

Many blacks were selectively bred to be big and strong, we have huge football players and basketball players. If you were ever to see the breeding records of those old slave holders, you would find them incredibly detailed. The same as any breeder of championship bloodlines.

I don't have a science background and don't know much about evolution but I believe the answer to my question is YES. What say you? Here's an article that delves into the topic.

Nope.. Its a result of selective breeding.
Survival of the fittest is selective breeding too. It is connected to evolution; it's just being accelerated by people for the purpose of benefiting people.
Like roundup proof corn. From the creators of agent orange(yellow, red, blue--pick) ?Fot the benefit of WHOM ?

Forum List

Back