Are there any Democrats who think Biden's VP criteria are silly?

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Seriously, I get the liberal passion for diversity and equal rights. And I'd certainly include any and all qualified candidates in my search, but doesn't declaring that they have to be of a certain race or gender strike you as patronizing and petty?

Of course it's patronizing and petty. That's the way Democrats have treated Blacks for the last 50 years. Totally ignore them and then months before the election make some pandering gestures or scare them with the spectre of the GOP taking their benefits away.

I guess Biden is excluding whites because he doesn't think blacks can compete with them and win the job fair and square. Isn't that highly insulting to the black candidates for the job??

Biden is supposed to announce this week.
Did he forget? Or, is it a Friday nite surprise?

Seriously, I get the liberal passion for diversity and equal rights. And I'd certainly include any and all qualified candidates in my search, but doesn't declaring that they have to be of a certain race or gender strike you as patronizing and petty?

Well when McConnell selected Sarah Palin as a Token, it was clear to everyone she was a kook. Biden has not make a decision on his running mate yet, but there is no doubt that the three most common Black Women mentioned are smarter, more experienced and more grounded than Palin or Pence.

The choice for VP has always been about electability, Trump took Pence simply because Trump's morality was in question and he needed a token Christian - Pence met the needs claiming to be a Christian, a Conservative and then a Republican. The fact is I doubt his Christianity given his entire support for Trump; I doubt he's a conservative since nothing has been conserved in the last three + years, and he and Trump have destroyed much of the Republican Party's talking points, i. e. Big Tent, Families First & Compassionate Conservative.

Biden is supposed to announce this week.
Did he forget? Or, is it a Friday nite surprise?

Who says he's supposed to announce this week? RW publications probably, for they need to edit their attacks on whosoever is named as the VP since they've already written the character assassination wording.

Of course it's patronizing and petty. That's the way Democrats have treated Blacks for the last 50 years. Totally ignore them and then months before the election make some pandering gestures or scare them with the spectre of the GOP taking their benefits away.

Well, pandering and scaring voters isn't exactly a democrat "exclusive".

Well when McConnell selected Sarah Palin as a Token, it was clear to everyone she was a kook. Biden has not make a decision on his running mate yet, but there is no doubt that the three most common Black Women mentioned are smarter, more experienced and more grounded than Palin or Pence.

The choice for VP has always been about electability, Trump took Pence simply because Trump's morality was in question and he needed a token Christian - Pence met the needs claiming to be a Christian, a Conservative and then a Republican. The fact is I doubt his Christianity given his entire support for Trump; I doubt he's a conservative since nothing has been conserved in the last three + years, and he and Trump have destroyed much of the Republican Party's talking points, i. e. Big Tent, Families First & Compassionate Conservative.

Or...elect them as President for eight years...damn panderers!!!!

/——/
Biden Says He Can't Wait To Find Out Who He Picked For VP
August 3rd, 2020
article-6713-1.jpg

Sigh... I wasn't asking about Republicans, but thanks for playing.

Democrats are extremely racist/sexist people. So much so that the most important thing about their vp nominee is its race and sex.

I guess Biden is excluding whites because he doesn't think blacks can compete with them and win the job fair and square. Isn't that highly insulting to the black candidates for the job??

When they come out and declare that they're only considering candidates of a specific race and gender, yeah. It sure seems insulting.

The reason that you doubt Pence's Christianity due to his support for Trump shows that you have trouble accepting that it's possible for someone to honestly interpret Christianity or Trump differently than you do. Even if your views on both topics were objectively 100 percent correct, that STILL wouldn't mean that Pence's interpretations were the same as yours, and that he couldn't simply be misunderstanding his religion or his running mate or both in a manner that eliminated any conflict of interests.

IMO, this statement is somewhere between mindless partisan vitriol and the rantings of someone who was never socialized, as a child, to truly understand the concept of other people who have consciousness independent of your own.

Seriously, I get the liberal passion for diversity and equal right. And I'd certainly include any and all qualified candidates in my search, but doesn't declaring that they have to be of a certain race or gender strike you as patronizing and petty?
I've (thankfully) spoken with quite a few Dems who can admit that this is ridiculous.

An election as important as this one, and Biden feels obligated to eliminate at least half of his potential veeps simply because they have a dick (and, probably, skin that is too light). That's a perfect example of how the PC/Identity Politics zealots have fucked up the party.

Last edited:

I thought the same thing when Justin Trudeau told Canadians that half of his cabinet would be women. But we have had the BEST and most competent governance than we’ve ever had.

People wailed about all of the qualified men who lose out to less qualified women but for women voters we thought about all of the amazing women who were elected to Parliament and never made it to cabinet.

We had a long time male Liberal cabinet minister in my Toronto riding. It took his office two weeks to return my call on an immigration matter for one of our business clients. Next election, we voted for SOMEONE ELSE. The guy whose city council office returned all calls by noon, and resolved all questions by close of business.

Women in leadership are more collaborative and less competitive than men. Our Minister of Health who is a Chinese-Canadian woman first time MP elected in the Red Wave with Trudeau, has drawn high praise from Conservative Premiers across the country.

I thought the same thing when Justin Trudeau told Canadians that half of his cabinet would be women. But we have had the BEST and most competent governance than we’ve ever had.

People wailed about all of the qualified men who lose out to less qualified women ...

I don't give a shit about that. I just think it's patronizing to say "my veep candidate must have a vagina and African DNA".

Forum List

Back