Are we at herd immunity? If not please explain why not.

Estimated total cases in the US - 81 Million

Asymptomatic persons in the US - 132mil

Total Vaccinated - 34 mil

Total Safe = 247mil or 75%

So at 75% are we not at herd immunity? Why didn't Joe Biden state as such? I would recommend listening to the podcast.

Let's start with the error in your calculations. They aren't saying that 40% of Americans are infected and asymptomatic, they are saying 40% of infected are asymptomatic.
So what % of Americans won't get the infection or if they do won't have any symptoms?

So the answer to your dumb question is no, we are not at heard immunity.
Why do you have to be so nasty? I asked a simple question.

And you're wrong

NASTY?? Go back to Israel traitor
More antisemitism from the far left.
Not supporting the corrupt and Senile leader of the Demonrat Party makes you a "traitor" I'm a proud traitor too

So at 75% are we not at herd immunity? Why didn't Joe Biden state as such? I would recommend listening to the podcast.

Let's start with the error in your calculations. They aren't saying that 40% of Americans are infected and asymptomatic, they are saying 40% of infected are asymptomatic.
So what % of Americans won't get the infection or if they do won't have any symptoms?

So the answer to your dumb question is no, we are not at heard immunity.
Why do you have to be so nasty? I asked a simple question.

And you're wrong

NASTY?? Go back to Israel traitor
More antisemitism from the far left.
Not supporting the corrupt and Senile leader of the Demonrat Party makes you a "traitor" I'm a proud traitor too
Corrupt ,senile ??? LOL Just more republican bullshit thrown against the wall

The numbers I've seen said we've got 70 million vaccinated and about 30% herd immunity.

At this rate, I think we are at herd immunity by June.
The numbers have been declining constantly. I think far more have been exposed to the virus than we know, and we are rapidly developing immunity with or without the vaccine

So how did Joe Biden become a multimillionaire over the last couple years on his salary as a senator.

Good God, man, open your damn eyes. Is Party POWER that important to you that Monkey see no evil?
You are why Democrats cant be trusted with political power

Herd immunity occurs at about 75% exposure rate.

We are not even half way there IF you consider the vaccine as contributing.

We do not know that it does that.

All we know for a fact is that if you DO get the virus that it won't be serious

So how did Joe Biden become a multimillionaire over the last couple years on his salary as a senator.

Good God, man, open your damn eyes. Is Party POWER that important to you that Monkey see no evil?
Obama wasn't a citizen ,,,Hillary was a sick crook, Biden is senile ,Fauci is fos ? You get where this is going death ?? Republicans are all lying scumbags

Bullshit I know of one healthy 55 year old who died on the ventilator

Sorry to hear it. Lost a dear friend as well

Too many unknowns. I think it's just "wait and see".

I hope we are.

Damn shame and to think some of it could have been avoided Good health to you

The herd immunity level is estimated at between 70%-95%. We're not there.

We don't know how many have had it.

We know some who have had it can get it again.

We know vaccines aren't 100% effective.

We don't know how long immunity lasts.

The mostly-Immunity doesn't kick in until about 2 weeks after the vaccine is adminstered.

And even after herd immunity, a whole lot of people can still die as the epidemic is declining.
The numbers above consist of 2 shots....I did not show 1 shot only. I show 75%....you said 70% - 95% = herd immunity...link please...
They expected it to be around 80% of the population for herd immunity, BEFORE these newer variations hit the scene that spread even quicker....So they think it could take even more than the 80% estimate.

All you have to do is Google. Honestly...:rolleyes:

More specifically, the Bidens reported an adjusted gross income of roughly $11 million in 2017 and $4.6 million in 2018. The bulk of that number comes from a multi-book deal with Flatiron Books valued at $8 million per Publishers Weekly, but the Bidens also earned a sizable income from speaking engagements.
The AP reports that Biden's basic speaking fee was $100,000, but it ranged from $40,000 to $190,000. The New York Times also notes that Biden made additional unpaid speaking engagements during this time which are not listed on the disclosure, citing his campaign.
Additionally, the disclosures reveal that the former VP earned $540,000 as a professor at the University of Pennsylvania’s Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement.

Most people are now getting sick and recovering.
And still 1,500 people a day are dying of it.
And so?
There are millions of people who have retired after working for 30-40 years and want to live maskless.
You can't dictate to people not to bungee jump as long as they don't take you along for the ride.
Where I live and work everybody is wearing a mask and I hardly hear an ambulance.

You're worried about COVID and I know hundreds of people who have told their bosses they will telecommute rather than go to NYC and take the chance of being stabbed by some angry Black man.

The herd immunity level is estimated at between 70%-95%. We're not there.

We don't know how many have had it.

We know some who have had it can get it again.

We know vaccines aren't 100% effective.

We don't know how long immunity lasts.

The mostly-Immunity doesn't kick in until about 2 weeks after the vaccine is adminstered.

And even after herd immunity, a whole lot of people can still die as the epidemic is declining.
The numbers above consist of 2 shots....I did not show 1 shot only. I show 75%....you said 70% - 95% = herd immunity...link please...
They expected it to be around 80% of the population for herd immunity, BEFORE these newer variations hit the scene that spread even quicker....So they think it could take even more than the 80% estimate.

"They" have no clue. Anyone who moves the goalposts daily while flailing around about masks is a laughingstock.

Damn shame and to think some of it could have been avoided Good health to you

Those croc and shame tears aren't gonna work. Go shame someone who'll listen to your snake oil sales pitch.

Forum List

Back