Are we heading toward another revolution?

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I couldn't really determine the appropriate forum in which to make this thread, so I have posted it here. If some anal moderator thinks it should be elsewhere, you can move it, but I believe it qualifies as a "current event" because it relates to the current state of our nation.

We are no longer a Representative Republic. This is clear from the recent policies coming out of Washington and rulings of the Supreme Court. The First and Second Amendments have been completely trampled, the Fourth Amendment, completely ignored, and they act as if the Ninth and Tenth Amendments don't even exist. From the NSA spying, to gun registries, to health care mandates, our individual personal liberties are being taken left and right, and a complacent America sits and watches, or worse, makes excuses for why it is necessary!

We hear absolute idiots on the left argue that the Constitution is a "living document" which is somehow designed to mold and shape itself to the times, and allow all sorts of things that simply aren't allowed in the Constitution. To say we have a "living constitution" is to say we have NO constitution. It can merely mean whatever we determine it to mean at any given time. The Constitution is our rule book, and for the game to be fair, we must have a set of established rules which are constant. How many of you would like to play poker with me, and the rules be "living?" Perhaps, under certain circumstances, my pair beats your three of a kind? So, the notion that our Constitution is "living" is quite simply, preposterous.

We can argue as to when the problems began for our country, and how we got so far removed from the original intent of the Founders, but much of it began with the Supreme Court grabbing power for itself, which is not in the Constitution. Since this happened a long time ago, many will argue; Well, that's just how it's always been... No it hasn't. It wasn't until 1803 and the landmark Marbury v. Madison case, that the SCOTUS usurped power of judicial review for itself, trumping our rights as citizens. It's also astonishing how many Americans actually believe the Federal government has more authority than the State government, when the Constitution clearly states this is not the case. The Federal government has very limited powers under the Constitution, and what powers are not specifically enumerated, are supposed to be left to the States and People respectively. But again, since it has been this way for so long, people just assume that's how it has always been.

Now, I have never been one of these "Doomsday Survivalist" type of people, who are always predicting anarchy and chaos is just around the corner, but in studying history, I can look back to the first American Revolution, and find some pretty amazing details. In fact, let's go back to just 20 years or so before the American Revolution, during the days of British Colonies, and we see that most people were perfectly happy being Colonists, living their lives in a new place, content with being under the throne of the King, because the King wasn't hassling them much, and they had pretty much all the freedom they desired. It wasn't until the authority of the British throne began to threaten the liberty and freedom of the people, that rumblings began, and people became dissatisfied. This did not happen overnight, it took years. In fact, even when it reached 'critical mass' in the late 1760s, there were still quite a few people in America who were deemed "Loyalists," and who did not favor taking up arms against the most powerful military in the world in the name of freedom. Many of them thought the idea was insane, what the hell were these rebellious troublemakers thinking? How could one even possibly consider such an idea as declaring our independence from the throne? It was stark-raving madness!

Even into the 1770s, when the cries became louder and louder, the loyalists and the British literally laughed and scoffed at the idea that we would ever succeed in breaking our bonds with the throne. I mean, we're talking about a few thousand rag-tag people with muskets and cannons and no Navy, facing the greatest military power in the world. How the hell would they ever succeed? Well, we know by history, they did succeed, but I think many people simply take this for granted and assume it was something inevitable, or that it was a forgone conclusion we would succeed. Far from it.

When we look at the situation today, with a government that is completely out of control, and becoming more and more intrusive of our liberties and freedoms, we have to ask ourselves, what is ultimately going to have to happen? It becomes clearer to me everyday, that we are ultimately going to have to, once again, declare our independence from tyrannical government, and face down the mightiest military on the planet. Yeah, it's crazy as hell to think about, but what other alternative is there? Again, I am not saying this is going to happen tomorrow or next week, or next year, or maybe not even in the next decade, but eventually I believe this is what is going to have to happen, if we ever expect to regain our independence. In the meantime, we will hear the modern-day equivalent of the "loyalists" telling us how crazy we are, how it's preposterous to even consider such a thing... insane, even. But the same was said about the first revolutionaries.

Nicely written. The answer is yes, but it can't happen until human suffering becomes so great that it breaks political barriers and all eyes become tuned to the real enemy which is the federal government.

Whenever I have posted a thread, the first thing I do is proofread it for mistakes as soon as it posts. I am always suspicious of replies that come in before I have had the chance to read the thread, because it tells me, the replier didn't bother reading the post at all, they simply entered a knee-jerk reply to the title. Thank you for revealing yourself as a knee-jerk reactionary, and not someone interested in debate or discussion of the thread topic, this saves me much time in responding to you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78]Revolution - The Beatles - YouTube[/ame]

Tell the world, Johnny!

All nations die but there will never be one that dies as badly as this one. Bloodshed is inevitable. This nation is violent to the core, depraved, dehumanized and highly insensitive to violence. This will not end with Barack running to some resort by helicopter only to be blown away against a wall with his wife and children as we saw when Romania fell. Oh no, it will be much, much worse. The military and their ilk will slaughter civilians in the streets.

Whenever I have posted a thread, the first thing I do is proofread it for mistakes as soon as it posts. I am always suspicious of replies that come in before I have had the chance to read the thread, because it tells me, the replier didn't bother reading the post at all, they simply entered a knee-jerk reply to the title. Thank you for revealing yourself as a knee-jerk reactionary, and not someone interested in debate or discussion of the thread topic, this saves me much time in responding to you.

rofl

Hilarious thread!

:thup:

The Crazy has been strong lately.

Nicely written. The answer is yes, but it can't happen until human suffering becomes so great that it breaks political barriers and all eyes become tuned to the real enemy which is the federal government.

I don't know that "all eyes" have to become tuned, that certainly wasn't the case in the first revolution. A good many people were totally opposed to declaring independence from the throne, they argued vociferously against it, and did everything in their power to prevent it.

What it WILL take, is courageous men like Washington, Jefferson, Madison, and others, who were willing to risk their lives for the sake of freedom, and lead us into revolution. It's important to remember, we currently think of these men as great visionaries who were heroes of their time, but as the revolt began, they were very much hated and loathed by the loyalists as well as the British royalty. Had we not succeeded in defeating the British, these men would have likely been executed and remembered as traitors.

All nations die but there will never be one that dies as badly as this one. Bloodshed is inevitable. This nation is violent to the cordepraved, dehumanized and highly insensitive to violence. This will not end with Barack running to some resort by helicopter only to be blown away against a wall with his wife and children as we saw when Romania fell. Oh no, it will be much, much worse. The military and their ilk will slaughter civilians in the streets.

I think most of our military would be on our side. after all they have been fighting dictators and terrorists. like our gov't. some people still love their country. i do agree with a lot of your post though.. but damn, man, this is one lazy fuckin country. thats why obama is getting his agenda done quick. people bitch but dont move off their fatass

True, some will be loyalists, but it would be nice if partisan freaks would agree upon who their real enemy is.

We could cripple this country financially by X amount of Americans refusing to pay taxes, national strikes etc. We could blockade congress with a mass of humanity and shut the government down.

Those actions would probably force the dysfunctional republic to start making some needed changes before it ends up practicing hard tyranny. Civil disobedience is key. If you aren't willing to be civilly disobedient and face the consequences then you have no business participating in a revolution.

All nations die but there will never be one that dies as badly as this one. Bloodshed is inevitable. This nation is violent to the cordepraved, dehumanized and highly insensitive to violence. This will not end with Barack running to some resort by helicopter only to be blown away against a wall with his wife and children as we saw when Romania fell. Oh no, it will be much, much worse. The military and their ilk will slaughter civilians in the streets.

I think most of our military would be on our side. after all they have been fighting dictators and terrorists. like our gov't. some people still love their country. i do agree with a lot of your post though.. but damn, man, this is one lazy fuckin country. thats why obama is getting his agenda done quick. people bitch but dont move off their fatass

I hope you're right, but I'm pretty certain the average 19 year old soldier doesn't have a clue about the constitution, laws etc. Most likely he'll just follow orders and it seems that the OA has created a litmus test for it's commanders which is scored by their willingness or unwillingness to fire on U.S. citizens.

The mods should seriously add an option for OP's to delete posts that aren't constructive at all.

The less-than-human leftist are pouring in and posting overtly stupid garbage.

On topic: To the OP...yes it'll end badly as you predict. But the question at this moment isn't a matter of "if" but a matter of "when."

I don't think it'll happen in my life time and I'm still young.

The mods should seriously add an option for OP's to delete posts that aren't constructive at all.

The less-than-human leftist are pouring in and posting overtly stupid garbage.

On topic: To the OP...yes it'll end badly as you predict. But the question at this moment isn't a matter of "if" but a matter of "when."

I don't think it'll happen in my life time and I'm still young.

You're right.

The "The Coming Inevitable Civil War With Obama Crashing in a Helicopter" overtly stupid garbage posts should be deleted.

Internet warriors unite! Our downvote power cannot be ignored!

Hang on lemme get more chips, then I'm ready to fight.

Oh, I read your narration - every word of it. I merely (1) caught it within moments after it had been put-up and (2) read through it and (3) recognized it as another in an endless series of slanted speculations as to the need for revolution in our country.

I do not believe that conditions exist which warrant revolution in our country, nor do I foresee those materializing anytime soon.

So I gave you the most succinct answer possible to your question.

No.

I thought it the absolute height of eloquence.

And it breaks my little heart that you did not perceive it in the same fashion.
wink_smile.gif

You are welcome, of course, to draw your own conclusions as to my abilities and worth.

I would not dream of attempting to change your mind.

Doesn't affect me in the slightest.

You posed a question.

I gave you my considered answer.

You just did not like what you received in-turn, nor the speed with which it was served up.

Your problem, not mine.

Oh, and, re: your 'thanks'.

You are welcome. Always glad to help a Youngling make his mark.
tongue_smile.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back